Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Gazpacho posted:

i'd rather have a scalia on the court than any of you idiots who think judges can rule recklessly and not have it blow back over time

i'd rather have a judge with some concern for human dignity on the court than any of the bigots who moralize sexuality and equates it to murder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

BigBoss posted:

So rape is no longer an immoral act? I would hate to moralize sexuality. That would make me a bigot.

Let the court decide, thankfully Scalia can't give his opinion on this one.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Geoj posted:

Please describe what possible context there could be to justify the time when he used the plot of an episode of the TV show 24 to justify torture, TIA.

It was sweeps!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

FishionMailed posted:

watch the GOP block any nominee until Obama leaves office because 'lol gently caress you'

They will and it will make November even more fun.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Philosopher King posted:

Isnt there some loophole where a spj doesnt have to be a lawyer or is that just some judges?

The loophole is that you're picked by the President and the Senate has to confirm you. There are no educational requirement, but you'd hope that people are smart enough to properly vet a person before approving a life appointment to the highest court in the country that directly effects the abilities of the other two branches of government.

Then again, we have had a sitting President that was never actually elected by the voters of the US so anything could happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Azhais posted:

He was elected by the 538 voters that actually count

Death to the Electoral College

I was actually talking about Gerald Ford!

• Locked thread