Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
you could extract the text from mario games and call it markov chain chomp

this is an original idea I've had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Trig Discipline posted:

for posterity, here is the fishmech filter

code:
# Takes a df of tweets, returns same
fishmech.filter <- function(x){
  fishmech.terms <- c("@waze", "#runescape", "#SoundHound", "#Kindle", "Levelled", "@eBay", 
                      "Daemonheim", "@YouTube", "Challenges for Microsoft")
  for(i in fishmech.terms){
    x <- x[!grepl(i, x)]
  }
  return(x)
}
this eliminates over 75% of fishmech's total output, and the remainder is STILL mostly quotes posted by kindle. but that stuff is book quotes, so it's got enough variety for the corpus

fishmech congratulations on being a literal living edge case, at this point i'm starting to suspect that you yourself are an elaborate script running on a server farm somewhere

lol

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
a Markov chain bot built using Mars Volta lyrics would probably be indistinguishable from real Mars Volta lyrics

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
so does markov polov have word filters to prevent that from happening or are goons just good people

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

how long before graph has to ban all of them

honestly up until now I was reasonably sure the forums had a standing rule against bots

in my head it's just a narrow subset of gimmick poster

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Trig Discipline posted:

some clever fucker figured out how to tell which tweets were trump's and which were from a staffer. other than a bot that just tweets back "trump" or "staffer", i can't think of anything fun to do with this info, but it's drat interesting

maybe i should tune trumpbot to only use authentic trump tweets?

I would at least like to see a bot which retweets every Trump tweet letting us know who tweeted it (and with what probability), that would serve as a useful reference

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

that is actually amazing

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Still waiting for the Every McEveryFace bot

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

move over hemingway

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
so like a universe of clowns? or a universe which is itself a clown

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
at risk of saying something unpopular, the bot may come up with something even better if we wait a while longer

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

Peon
Cicklyn
Arns
Lannell
Torianna
Jahne
Zafpher
Ebascorl

using all of these in my next scifi book

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Trig Discipline posted:

how is your mom by the way

lol

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

...the aristocrats?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
fine work, forums user Crusader

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I don't think anybody really has a choice about that one

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
I think you may need to make it clearer on JRodimus_Prime's bio that it's not a real human

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
if nobody feels like doing this with the complete scripts of The Simpsons then I might

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
or one which automatically tweets "That's bullshit, Donald" in response to every single one of his tweets