Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Life In The Woods Renaissance was released and I'm trying it, and it looks fairly epic...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTxmkrg-7a8

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is a really chill pack, drat...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It has a mod called The Vegan Option.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool. Does it work with other texture packs.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Probably.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's outright murking my GPU though lmao.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This isn't a very heavy duty pack as far as tech and stuff, basically if you think agrarian living and building nice houses in Minecraft is cool this is the mod for you.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

This isn't a very heavy duty pack as far as tech and stuff, basically if you think agrarian living and building nice houses in Minecraft is cool this is the mod for you.

I think heavily modded minecraft is cool but I have never had any kind of interest in playing it. I like playing that insanely bad 4chan server that's been running for a million years because it lets you explore a bunch of ruins people made. Minecraft gives good exploration feels IMO.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I would call this Mildly Modded Minecraft.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I play like that a lot, even in Heavily Modded Minecraft. I really like building houses into the landscape (like turning a cave in the side of a mountain into a house) and go through a lot of effort not to let industry damage the landscape. When I finally give in, I usually make a teleport to a distant part of the map and absolutely ruin that part of the world for resources. Colonialism Minecraft is fairly epic.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

but unfortunately then these shaders would probably melt my old gpu

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

*tears just start coming out of my face

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

I would call this Mildly Modded Minecraft.

I thought you just meant it didn't support all of those ridiculous sci-fi mod packs

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

my favorite thing to do in minecraft is to generate an ocean world in hardcore survival mode and make an extremely humble home on an island. watching crops grow and trying to guess which will come first, starvation or harvest, is goddamn epic. turning one tree into a small copse over several days that is then chopped down for your shack = double epic

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

I thought you just meant it didn't support all of those ridiculous sci-fi mod packs

The pack doesn't have those things, it's like a big expansion of vanilla style stuff basically.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You don't need the shaders to play the pack. I just did because it's a smaller pack that's not super CPU intensive and since the pack is about Nature and poo poo I figured hell, why not.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's also less intensive shaders. You could install the shaders on anything but the installer for this makes it easy to download the crap you need.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://lifeinthewoods.ca/

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm thinking about streaming this for whoever wants to watch me make a house on the edge of a prairie but I don't know if my Rig can handle it, plus the shaders would probably encode like poo poo.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've never actually played Minecraft.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

What in tarnation.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao. I watched this movie again on Saturday night, small world.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mein Kraft :D

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Carpenter's Blocks is loving Epic!

Chisel and Carpenter's are the cat's rear end for building...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Lmao. I watched this movie again on Saturday night, small world.

'Tis my favorite comedy film from the 80s.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
every now and then i'll get an urge for hmm so i'll shell out for a small server for me and some friends to play on for a little while, one of my friends hates the way i build tho and if i set up infrastructure guaranteed the next time i log on he'll have either already reorganized it or be in the process cause he's some kind of neatness fetishist

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess I should explain but those blocks you can shape them and stuff and then when your satisfied you can apply materials to them to put a texture on it.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Wormskull posted:

I guess I should explain but those blocks you can shape them and stuff and then when your satisfied you can apply materials to them to put a texture on it.

i was going to ask if you knew that but decided that you probably did, and not to be a smartass about it

there's like a few chisel designs that aren't compatible with carpenter's iirc and that's annoying but they're few and far between

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
The launcher is really good at getting all the other mods to make the optional stuff run, directs you to a link and auto installs it, very nice!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've spent the past 2 hours doing a italian american voice while finishing up my house.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Holy crap there's even more you can do with Carpenter's besides that stuff too. Sheesh. Epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPrwIC4O_bM

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Wormskull posted:

Carpenter's Blocks is loving Epic!

Chisel and Carpenter's are the cat's rear end for building...

Big fan of the mesh windows you've got going there. Classy...

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

oh my goddddd this looks so chill. excellent house. i gotta try this even if it will melt my computer

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm playing vanilla minecraft on the Wii U.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

*just screams at you for a really long time then slams the door*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I'm playing vanilla minecraft on the Wii U.

Hell yeah

• Locked thread