Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Wormskull posted:

This isn't a very heavy duty pack as far as tech and stuff, basically if you think agrarian living and building nice houses in Minecraft is cool this is the mod for you.

I play like that a lot, even in Heavily Modded Minecraft. I really like building houses into the landscape (like turning a cave in the side of a mountain into a house) and go through a lot of effort not to let industry damage the landscape. When I finally give in, I usually make a teleport to a distant part of the map and absolutely ruin that part of the world for resources. Colonialism Minecraft is fairly epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

but unfortunately then these shaders would probably melt my old gpu

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

my favorite thing to do in minecraft is to generate an ocean world in hardcore survival mode and make an extremely humble home on an island. watching crops grow and trying to guess which will come first, starvation or harvest, is goddamn epic. turning one tree into a small copse over several days that is then chopped down for your shack = double epic

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

oh my goddddd this looks so chill. excellent house. i gotta try this even if it will melt my computer

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I installed the shaders and I don't notice a big difference, just a lot of flickering like it's not rendering properly. goddamn it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Wormskull posted:

You might also want to check in the menu under the Shaders... menu or whatever.

thanks, that fixed it! i'm liking the variety of rock in this pack. i wish there was a bit more stuff in it though, i don't like using the default chests and really want to build a good mod boat since i love sailing around.

• Locked thread