Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

Tony Homo posted:

I need to know if I'm rich. My 1099 shows 275,000 last year. Please let me know asap so I'll know how to vote.

You're middle class and struggling (pretend I remembered a link to that article describing how rough a family that makes 250k a year has it due to taxes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Ace of Baes posted:

The point of mentioning her MBA was that she isnt a backwoods hick.

i know many backwoods hicks with MBAs. it's the GED of masters degrees

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

what was so great about it at this time

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
If the 1099 only shows 275k in sales proceeds you need a lot more information to determine if you're rich. For instance, was your adjusted cost basis 300k? Then you're not rich, you lost nearly 10%. Any schmuck with a $20,000 investment account can rack up a 275k 1099, that doesn't mean they're not still a schmuck with a $20k investment account.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

ScrubLeague posted:

If the 1099 only shows 275k in sales proceeds you need a lot more information to determine if you're rich. For instance, was your adjusted cost basis 300k? Then you're not rich, you lost nearly 10%. Any schmuck with a $20,000 investment account can rack up a 275k 1099, that doesn't mean they're not still a schmuck with a $20k investment account.

I don't invest. It's how much I made flat doing my job.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

ScrubLeague posted:

More importantly, $275,000 is how much actual rich people spend on a vacation. It's just not a big deal.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Tony Homo posted:

I need to know if I'm rich. My 1099 shows 275,000 last year. Please let me know asap so I'll know how to vote.

You're not rich unless you can stop working entirely and live off passively generated income

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
You're not rich unless you can do nothing but pay someone else to take your money and turn it into more money on your behalf.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Why is there so much division in Trump popularity around the Mississippi? Shouldn't northern Ozark hill people and southern Ozark hill people both hate or love a flashy NY billionaire the same way? Is it a Scots vs German rivalry or something?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

not rich, bro.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Maoist Pussy posted:

not rich, bro.

pretty much

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Maoist Pussy posted:

not rich, bro.

How much do you make?

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Tezzor posted:

between which range of years was america great

1945-1976

And then again from 1980 - 1988

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tezzor posted:

between which range of years was america great

1776 - 1963

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Tony Homo posted:

How much do you make?

You must be one of the most pathetic and unhappy individuals in the world if you feel the need to go online and brag about your income last year to feel proud of yourself.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Lastgirl posted:

1776 - 1963

correlates to effective lack of voting rights for blacks; seems odd

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

The Saurus posted:

You must be one of the most pathetic and unhappy individuals in the world if you feel the need to go online and brag about your income last year to feel proud of yourself.

to be fair, he could be so pathetic as to whine on the internet that he can't get a job because of mexicans

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i cant get a job because i dont speak spanish :( - a thing an irreplaceable member of the US population says

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
-Troika-, I need to know what anime you watch, because I need to know if your other opinions are worth respecting.

And hell, if you don't watch anime, then I think you need to leave YCS.

Tony Homo posted:

How much do you make?
Doesn't matter, he's right.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
if you make 275,000 a year in your job that means your boss extracts 275,001+ a year in your labor, otherwise you would not have that job, OP.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Tezzor posted:

Well they are voting for Hillary Clinton.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Tezzor posted:

to be fair, he could be so pathetic as to whine on the internet that he can't get a job because of mexicans

Who is Tez Galt

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

L-Boned posted:

To be fair, it isn't our military's fault we haven't won a war since WW2.

Most likely reason would be that the USA has not made a declaration of war since 1942.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
So Illegal Immigrants actually do commit crime at far higher levels than Citizens and legal residents

On Murder Specifically:

quote:

But the GAO’s numbers do support that perception. Namely that illegals and non-citizens make up 3% and 8% of the population, respectively, but commit at least 22% to 37% of the murders. Illegals likely commit murder at about 10 times the rate of all U.S. inhabitants.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

it's weird that illegal aliens commit 30% of the murder in the US considering that latinos altogether only commit 25% https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u...fender_2013.xls

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
*opens link to American Thinker Dot Com*

let's count all the ways this hack massaged statistics

*dies of old age*

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
The FBI's numbers are for all crimes, whether solved or not. The GAO numbers are only for solved crimes which resulted in a conviction. So if the FBI has an unsolved crimee, then it doesn't contribute to the demographic data.

e: The table you linked doesn't even give the percentage you claimed it does. It gives numbers for ethnicity and sex of perpetrator against ethnicity and sex of victim.

The Saurus has issued a correction as of 18:38 on Mar 6, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tezzor posted:

exactly, that would be the joke for this racist thread :mmmsmug:

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

The Saurus posted:

The FBI's numbers are for all crimes, whether solved or not. The GAO numbers are only for solved crimes which resulted in a conviction. So if the FBI has an unsolved crimee, then it doesn't contribute to the demographic data.

e: The table you linked doesn't even give the percentage you claimed it does. It gives numbers for ethnicity and sex of perpetrator against ethnicity and sex of victim.

youre stupid and cannot do math which might be why you're getting schooled in the job market instead of mexicans

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

The federal court system handles only a tiny percentage of violent crimes, so using those stats to extrapolate the broader murder rate is unbelievably stupid. Also the author is a global warming denier and The American Thinker is about as credible as WND.

E: Here is a piece that actually uses applicable data.

Majorian has issued a correction as of 20:23 on Mar 6, 2016

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i want to know what kind of social groups and online hangouts The Saurus runs in where whining about how you can't get a job because of spics is considered acceptable behavior and not something that gets you laughed out of the room

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Tezzor posted:

i want to know what kind of social groups and online hangouts The Saurus runs in where whining about how you can't get a job because of spics is considered acceptable behavior and not something that gets you laughed out of the room

https://kiwifar.ms/forums/christian-weston-chandler.18/

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Haven't seen that one before.

100% of illegal immigrants are criminals.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rudatron posted:

-Troika-, I need to know what anime you watch, because I need to know if your other opinions are worth respecting.

And hell, if you don't watch anime, then I think you need to leave YCS.

Doesn't matter, he's right.

anything with lots of action that does not also star sexualized little girls and/or relies too much on stupid comedy, or is otherwise wierd and gross

basically if Dick Spacious is into it, I'm probably not :v:

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Yeah I watch anime but not any of the gay poo poo.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

The Saurus posted:

Haven't seen that one before.

100% of illegal immigrants are criminals.

While that's true, most have been here for more than ten years and there's no evidence that they're more violent than other demographics. Also it doesn't seem likely that they've actually taken any jobs from you. So your whole "DEPORT THEM ALL" platform is kind of dumb, especially when one considers how many families would be broken up by it.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
As I've said before, I don't mind giving most of them amnesty once the wall is built, the border secured, and detection is improved.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The wall's not happening, and net immigration from Mexico to the US is zero.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Majorian posted:

and net immigration from Mexico to the US is zero.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Majorian posted:

The wall's not happening, and net immigration from Mexico to the US is zero.

Now say we're handing green cards out like candy to people who broke the law as their first act on US soil.

Do you think net immigration will remain zero? Or will every Mexican with two feet sprint north to get that sweet deal?

• Locked thread