Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Hi, this is my cat

Her name is Trophy. It's been like 4 years since the last time I made a thread where I posted pictures of her. Gonna do that again now, choosing from pics going back from 2012 to now.

So, in conclusion: this thread is where I will be posting pictures of my cat for awhile, maybe even every day, until I get bored of it or think y'all have gotten bored of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Cool thank you for your input, the both of you. I feel this thread is really going places now.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Good morning I hope this post finds you well. Please find enclosed several pictures of my cat.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

For the last two nights Trophy has been yowling very loudly and running through the house and then yesterday we had a 1.3 magnitude explosion earthquake. Coincidence?

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

constantinople posted:

Hm. Round in shape, rich in color. Texture can't be determined, but appears soft in texture. 9/10

Her name literally means second place so this checks out.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Why is your cat causing mild natural disasters.

Have you met a cat before?

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

I forgot to mention: if anyone has any questions about my cat I would be happy answer them. I don't know what kind of questions you would have about a cat but I just want to put that out there.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

embykins posted:

Please post a video of your cat meowing. I need more information before I can give Trophy a proper assessment.

She shuts up when the camera comes out, she is very camera aware.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

I feel like four images per post is just about right. Not so few that it's boring but not so many that you feel like you can't really appreciate each one individually. I only mention this because I want you all to know the amount of care and thought that goes into a thread in which I post pictures of my cat.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Here are four more pics of my cat. I hope you are all enjoying them. I know I enjoyed taking them.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

khy posted:

Please describe the sensation of petting Trophy's belly fur

Is it as soft as an angel's back hair?

Yes it is as soft as you would imagine, and get this: in eight years it has never, not even once, been a trap.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I like the one where it looks like she is puking out some horror movie monstrosity onto a plate.

Heck yeah feed your cat chicken backbones every day.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

I like this thread it's nice and quiet and we're all just here looking at pics of my cat.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Fuzz Feets posted:

What are her favorite toys?

She only really has one toy she plays with, a fuzzy red mouse filled with d8 Montana catnip. It's her best friend, it is always in a different place in the house every day. At night she will carry it out into the middle of a hallway and start meowing at it loudly for long periods of time.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Good morning (well for me at least idk if it is for you right now or whenever you end up reading this but you get my point)

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

skoolmunkee posted:

Trophy has a good face.

I like the black circle around her neck. It is like how video games have a seam where ok body texture meets better face texture. Reinforces my feeling of trophys face being good.

It's called a necklace and for show quality they are supposed to have several. Trophy is pet quality of course.

quote:

Several unbroken necklaces on
neck and upper chest, the more the better

via: http://www.cfa.org/Portals/0/documents/breeds/standards/american-sh.pdf

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

I don't know if you have noticed yet but these are all instagram pics. I love instagram it's a very fun way to share pictures.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Maldoror posted:

... the video of you giving Trophy her blocks back ...

I'm glad you liked and remembered that video. I haven't been doing Hey Trophy videos as much lately. I'm trying to remember to do them on Instagram now occasionally. Here is the one I made for valentine's day: https://www.instagram.com/p/BByD4kdh0kS/?taken-by=heytrophy

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Alder posted:

I like your cat. Do you have other pets?

Just a Betta fish. It's blue. Its name is Blue Fish.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Tendai posted:

How old is Trophy now? I feel like I've been looking at pictures of her for years but she has a permakitten face

She turned 8 last September. The pics in this thread are from 2012-2013 so far.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

I overheard someone saying that today was a super tuesday and I just have to agree, I'm having a super day and I hope you all are too.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Maully Millions posted:

I did not know about Trophy until you started this thread, and now I feel that all of my days are more super as a result. Thank you.

That's very kind of you to say.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Alder posted:

Any sleeping cat photos? my cat used to sleep often so that'd be 75% of the time.

Surprisingly few sleeping cat photos. I know I took some so keep your eyes peeled (I'm going in order so I don't lose my place).

I did find a video of her sleeping
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i5zPzI63bM

I should probably start posting videos here too.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

How about a little history for this weekend. About 3 1/2 years ago I took my phone out and made two videos of Trophy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTaevkCMgJM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utLw26I25cQ

Because of the nature of the internet, I was of course instantly derided for shooting in portrait mode. I made this reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jQUt743Ao8

At this point Hey Trophy videos were born. This was the next one I made, laying out the format for all videos to come

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYwN0W21Z7k

These are Hey Trophy videos. I did them for quite awhile. I occasionally still do. I will share them in this thread along with pictures in the future.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Anne Whateley posted:

Please post more about Trophy. I don't understand how she is so round that even her ears are round

I don't know what else to say honestly. She's a cat. So, picture a cat. That's Trophy more or less?

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Fuzz Feets posted:

Those were some quality videos. Does Trophy ever say anything in return?

No, she is perfectly silent whenever the phone is near her taking either photos or videos. She only meows late at night, she takes her red mouse into the middle of a hallway and then just yells at it.

Thin Privilege posted:

I love this bathroom.

What is the meat she is eating?

Why is her face so round?

I love that bathroom too.

In the last photo it's the neck from that year's Thanksgiving turkey. In all the others it's the backbone from the frier chicken I get from the butcher.

Her face is so round because that's what her breed, American Shorthair, looks like.

Alder posted:

Would you say Trophy is small or medium sized cat?

I would say she is a small cat. She usually weighs just under eight pounds.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

ZenMastaT posted:

Wow this is a good cat! I've never posted in PI before but I had to because this cat is so good!

Thank you for saying that, you are quite nice. I'm personally a big fan of Tycho and Refurb you should make sure to check out that thread and say hi to Golden-i.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Maldoror posted:

Is she really a pedigreed American Shorthair? :)

Yep! Here's her pedigree. We keep it in her file along w/ her immunization records and microchip registration, etc. Took a pic of it just now, realized I'd never shared it all these years. Yankee Star has since retired. If we were to get another one today we'd go to Kelloggs Cattery.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

QueenOfMistakes posted:

I love Trophy, she looks like a stuffed toy plush cat. Is she huggable/squishable?

She is a very cuddly cat and her fur is very soft. When you hug her she does not run away.

Today was a very very VERY nice late winter day. We went outside.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Tendai posted:

Did you start harness training Trophy as a kitten or an adult? We are moving to a more urban area in July which means that Kiska's days of free-roaming when we go outside in the summer are dwindling rapidly, and I get to harness train a 14 pound, basically dumb cat.

It was nice here today too, we sat on the front steps and watched birds together.

Trophy has been going in the back yard in a harness since she was a kitten. The earliest picture I have of her in a harness is from January 2008, so just few months old, not even spayed yet. The harness is on backwards so I'm pretty sure that was the first time we put it on her. By March of 2008 she was exploring the back yard very confidently:

I know my experience is singular but as long as there are plants to sniff at Trophy is pretty happy outside. After few minutes of exploring she even will sit in a lap while we BBQ or read a book or something.

Good luck.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Tendai posted:

That orange fucker in the second row is pretty great:

El Gar you should get an orange-flavored Trophy, too.

When they are purebred it's not orange it's "red tabby" :eng101:

It is the same w/ Trophy's coat she is a silver tabby but if she were a mutt she'd be a grey tabby. The cat fancy is very serious business.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Alder posted:

Is Trophy a indoor cat? Any interest wandering outside?

Yes she is an indoor cat. She's not interested in wandering outside as much as she's interested in being wherever we are. So if we're in the living room and the door gets left open she'll just stare out of it. If we're on the porch and the door is left open she'll try to come be with us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v7_B77W4Is

Even though it's only like the third Hey Trophy video I ever made, it remains one of my favorites.

• Locked thread