Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I'll play this if and when my brother gets it, as he is a bigger FE fan than I am and that way I save money.

Also, holy poo poo @ that post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

You're all like: "ALL Y'ALL NIGGAZ SUCK DICK!" and do yo' own thang.

Dec 26, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I hated Awakening but I might buy Conquest if imps think it's good. Let me know. Later.

this

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I flipped tails so I'm getting Conquest first.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

jesus fcking christ

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Black Baby Goku posted:

The full 600 dollar version God Bless Nintendo and yes I will be doing all the DLC and marrying the hottest babe

same here.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mario and luigi paper jam and fe game = the year of ninty has returned

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the gently caress does skinshipping mean.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

it's when u pretend the guy from silence of the lamb is listining to your favorite song instead of hip pries fromt f\the fall, in silence of the lambs

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

they took the little mechanic from the new pokemon games where you can pet your pokemon and give them treats for in battle bonuses, but now you're doing it to people.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

Ah, I see you haven't read the 2000 word GiantBomb.com guest article on that specific subject

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

drat... the nohr king is really evil. i think i picked the bad guys' game.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

AWAKENINGS KICKS rear end FUcKERS

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

oh, the EU release date hasn't even been stated yet. typical. guess I really had no choice other than to play Awakening.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i have conquest ordered but i may cancel it in the morning. i don't know. all the screenshots of dialogue and stuff people have been posting have been real bad

Soral
May 30, 2009

someone tell me if its as bad as it looks

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

If there were 1000000000 lines of good dialog and 2 lines of bad dialog, the internet would immediately locate the 2 bad lines and endless repost them because the internet is perpetually angry at anyone who enjoys anything.

I'm not sure if that's the case in this game just yet but I always take early shots of bad writing with a grain of salt due to this rule.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

If there were 1000000000 lines of good dialog and 2 lines of bad dialog, the internet would immediately locate the 2 bad lines and endless repost them because the internet is perpetually angry at anyone who enjoys anything.

I'm not sure if that's the case in this game just yet but I always take early shots of bad writing with a grain of salt due to this rule.

Wisdom.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

i have conquest ordered but i may cancel it in the morning. i don't know. all the screenshots of dialogue and stuff people have been posting have been real bad

FE always has ridiculously dumb stuff in it. They have to write like 400 different possible relationships and try to make each one unique somehow.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The best part of awakening was the one girl where you baked her 3 pies and then she married you because of how epic your pies were.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

In Training posted:

FE always has ridiculously dumb stuff in it. They have to write like 400 different possible relationships and try to make each one unique somehow.

fe since awakening

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GameCube one and beyond had the social link stuff too, iirc. Sacred Stones maybe as well but it's been forever since I played that one

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The base building seems cool

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i have conquest showing up some time in the next few hours

really looking forward to it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Whats the big difference between the games supposed to be again

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Whats the big difference between the games supposed to be again

One looks like Awakening 2.0/Sacred Stones with grinding in-between chapters and going back to old maps and the other is more like FE7 where you go straight from chapter to chapter with some side chapters. They also have completely different missions past chapter 6? Maybe? Not sure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, everything post Chapter 6 is apparently unique. At least that's how they're pitching it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
at chapter 6, you get the choice of whether to side with the dorks or the evil cool people. up to that is tutorial

the My Castle mechanic is pretty cool. i like it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i hope i can go to someone's castle who's on Conquest soon because i want to buy an axe for my mace people because maces suck rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there an online component with the castle building?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
you can build a big castle and people can visit it and shop at it and explore it

but also they can invade it and attack your castle. i'm not sure what they get for it but they can gently caress your buildings up

the gambling den is the only building i've seen immune to invasion damage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whoa I didn't know this game had FOB invasions. Badass

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

Whoa I didn't know this game had FOB invasions. Badass

You can kidnap enemy soldiers too.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/My_Castle

skinshipping is in the us version idk why everyone says it isn't

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eat it, SJW-tards.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Doctor Goat posted:

You can kidnap enemy soldiers too.

regardless of what mechanic they use, it will always be fultoning to me

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Wait what? Base building? FOB invasions? This is the first time I'm hearing about all this, wtf

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
probably because every goon with a keyboard is talking about censorship and cut content

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Wait what? Base building? FOB invasions? This is the first time I'm hearing about all this, wtf

Yeah. I said it earlier but until yesterday when reviews actually appeared it was impossible to find anything about this game other than a tier list of women despite it being out in Japan for like half a year. Normies have ruined FE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Everything is very different and it scares me.

• Locked thread