Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

conquest was so good but revelations is poop from a horse's butt. makes me real sad

sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
did the third campaign turn out to be good, like conquest is?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

hubris.height posted:

idk, i ahvent even finsihed consqusest

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

hubris.height posted:

i played to chapter 12 of the third campaign. the levels are (a) easy, (b) boring, and (c) encourage very slow play. there's no time pressure to keep you moving and force you to take on more enemies than you might prefer; instead, the levels seem designed to encourage the opposite. a lot of levels where all of the enemies are frozen until you wander up to them, which encourages you to take forever clearing them out by ones and twos. i took longer on chapter 10 of revelations than i did on half a dozen conquest chapters put together.

it's extremely bad.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
that sounds really bad, drat shame. the worst missions are the ones where the ai just holds position until you trigger them everywhere on the map

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

after some slight grinding and castlle visits ive got my extremely OP team full of poison strike and defense lowering maniacs that crit at 40% rate. feels good. shame birthright is so easy so its all for naught

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
i really love the 'buy skills from other people's characters after beating them online' mechanic. it's so great. feels sort of like pokemon

also i got both aptitude & (much later) replicate on my main character, which left me feeling pretty smug.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

its cool that people hacked it too so you can buy aptitude on any unit.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
i nearly got some insane "+7 damage when attacking" skill onto mozu, but that character had so many buyable skills that the game glitched out and wouldn't let me select any of them. just closed the skill-select menu instantly when i opened it. sad!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

its cool that people hacked it too so you can buy aptitude on any unit.

i always assumed that was some class-changing-into-villager shenanigan.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PleasingFungus posted:

i always assumed that was some class-changing-into-villager shenanigan.

its possible to get aptitude onto any male unit if they marry mozu and if use a partner seal but you can visit castles where every single person has it and i dont thin kthats feasible in one playthrough.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao...in birthright one of your handmaidens tries to unsuccessfully betray you because Gagon threatened her village and when she's thwarted she feels so bad about she commits suicide by lighting herself on fire

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fates is loving epic.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

its possible to get aptitude onto any male unit if they marry mozu and if use a partner seal but you can visit castles where every single person has it and i dont thin kthats feasible in one playthrough.

probably they just went around buying it from other people? or maybe they hacked. idk, i've never seen that

In Training posted:

Fates is loving epic.

she's ice tribe, which makes this Ironic.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycwIgcEGz40

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I havent beat conquest yet

Dec 26, 2012

same. i stalled a bit on the stupid kitsune map

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Nobody has ever finished a Fire Emblem game.. Just a theory of mine.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Nobody has ever finished a Fire Emblem game.. Just a theory of mine.

I beat conquest and am 4 chapters from beating birthright and then im going to purchase Revelations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive also beaten FE: GBA, Sacred Stones, the gamecube one twice. I didnt finish awakening though because i didnt like it.,

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
i never beat the gba fire emblem (7) as a kid. i went back to it when i was on vacation, years later, but after i got about 3/4ths of the way through, i dropped the cartridge into the bottom of a boat in mexico, and it was covered in water and ruined.

just goes to show, i think.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I finished all the three routes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I finished all the three routes

Is revelation fun? I'm on the fence.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

revelgaytion

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

01011001 posted:

same. i stalled a bit on the stupid kitsune map

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

just send keaton and keatons psycho daughter and someone with a beast killer lance to slaughter them all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think that map is before you get Keaton, let alone Keaton's daughter.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

You get Keaton at the opera house. I used him and his wife (me) to destroy the kitsune.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Is revelation fun? I'm on the fence.

It has some cool gimmick stages and marrying Hoshido and Nohr units is cool. The only thing i didnt like was reusing two maps with no difference at all and how the lategame requires you to advance slowly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

You get Keaton at the opera house. I used him and his wife (me) to destroy the kitsune.

I married Elise to Keaton which was not a great idea because of the stat growths but the kid still turned into a monster

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

i'm on ch 18 and i haven't got to a kitsune map yet

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm trying to breed keaton with beruka but its taking forever

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The revelation map with the trapped blue and red doors trolled me hard

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm trying to breed keaton with beruka but its taking forever

Buy seed of trust

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i have two of them but i don't think u can buy them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If I wanted to breed somebody with a character I wasn't using I would just pair them up in a castle invasion by themselves over and over until they maxed out so I didn't have to use a gimped character in an actual battle,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i have two of them but i don't think u can buy them

You can if you visit other castles, but it's not worth the money IMO.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

You can if you visit other castles, but it's not worth the money IMO.

hell if you're gonna visit other castles may as well fight castle ppl with no weapons and grind out relatiionships that way :twisted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

hell if you're gonna visit other castles may as well fight castle ppl with no weapons and grind out relatiionships that way :twisted:

Why not both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also you can buy seeds on the staff/rod shop but theres like only two of them or something?? Or was it arms scrolls

• Locked thread