Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
the base has a bunch of buildings like shops and stuff that you can upgrade with points you get by clearing maps. it randomly shuffles through your recruited characters manning these shops, and depending on who's turn it is you get different bonuses. like when an axe guy is taking care of the weapon shop you get discounts on axes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bought both versions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I bought both versions

I bought conquest but I might play Birthright first as a warm up.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

I bought conquest but I might play Birthright first as a warm up.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

i hope i can go to someone's castle who's on Conquest soon because i want to buy an axe for my mace people because maces suck rear end

here's my astral plane address

12402-90008
40215-86154

hopefully you can figure out what to do with that.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
what is the price to get the birthright camp as add on content?

i got like 10$ off from amazon preorder, so if its reasonable i'm all in

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

hubris.height posted:

what is the price to get the birthright camp as add on content?

i got like 10$ off from amazon preorder, so if its reasonable i'm all in

it's $20 for each campaign as dlc.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yeah, sure, why not. its basically 10$ and what i saved.

i'm not sure if i want to do casual first or not

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Dang these class options are all p dank sounding: diviner, apothecary, oni savage, troubadour, outlaw.... What to choose

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i was gonna pick a class i can't usually get in birthright, but instead i picked sky knight becase i like flying units.

my favorite classes are dark knight and dark flier and both of htem are conquest exclusives

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Evil Eagle posted:

here's my astral plane address

12402-90008
40215-86154

hopefully you can figure out what to do with that.

Thanks, I bought an Iron Axe and got kicked out. Then I bought a Bronze Axe from some random store

for some reason you can only buy one thing in a castle before you have to go back

triple post avoidance edit:

if you close your 3ds for a while and come back, differnet stuff will be going on in your castle, like some sort of neko atsume thing. i got a weird pine branch and a daikon radish sword just now

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 19, 2016

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Doctor Goat posted:

i was gonna pick a class i can't usually get in birthright, but instead i picked sky knight becase i like flying units.

my favorite classes are dark knight and dark flier and both of htem are conquest exclusives

if you have the other game as DLC it gives you two of the class change items for each exclusive class for free when you get to "my town"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know you can steal units from other castles, so could you steal a Birthright class in a Conquest file?

Soral
May 30, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/My_Castle

skinshipping is in the us version idk why everyone says it isn't

the retards keep saying it isnt in the game anymore because you can only poke your spouse. rubbing anyone and interacting with people other than your spouse is removed

Soral
May 30, 2009

frankly i think its dishonost to be spending private time rubbing people other than the person you legally married and had time travel children with

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there an FE game that has the child bearing aspect but it's like a time skip storyline where you wage war in the first half and then 30 years later your kids have to finish the fight. Or any game really, that would be cool.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Is there an FE game that has the child bearing aspect but it's like a time skip storyline where you wage war in the first half and then 30 years later your kids have to finish the fight. Or any game really, that would be cool.

yyeah, think it's like fe 4 or 5. it's called genealogy of the holy war and it's hard as poo poo lol

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

In Training posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Genealogy_of_the_Holy_War

It's split into halves, with the second half 17 years later and picking up with the children of the 1st.

Phantasy Star 3 has three different generations in it although the choice in the kids you play as is limited to like 2 different wives.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dq5 is epic because of the generational thing too. traveling with your whole nuclear family loving up monsters ftw

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Soral posted:

the retards keep saying it isnt in the game anymore because you can only poke your spouse. rubbing anyone and interacting with people other than your spouse is removed

wrong though

you just invite someone to your quarters and you can poke em

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

yyeah, think it's like fe 4 or 5. it's called genealogy of the holy war and it's hard as poo poo lol

fiber posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Genealogy_of_the_Holy_War

It's split into halves, with the second half 17 years later and picking up with the children of the 1st.

Phantasy Star 3 has three different generations in it although the choice in the kids you play as is limited to like 2 different wives.

Awesome. I'll have to keep this on my radar and play a translation patch or something in the future

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

there was a really loving bad game for the 360 called agarest that did it as well but it had the worst loving grinding and combat system i've ever seen in a JRPG

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

there was a really loving bad game for the 360 called agarest that did it as well but it had the worst loving grinding and combat system i've ever seen in a JRPG

i pplayed like ten minutes of that game and i can't believe how aggfressively bad it was

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

In Training posted:

I know you can steal units from other castles, so could you steal a Birthright class in a Conquest file?

Yes, according to the my castle vide overview i watched to see what that section is all about. They go to your jail first.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Reading about genealogy of the holy war and it seems like the systems in that game are the ones they've used untouched from 1996 until now (weapon triangle, support convos, marriage, skills) which is cool.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

wrong though

you just invite someone to your quarters and you can poke em

poking is rude and disrespectful

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i think 4 was the most bonkers broken game in the series until awakening

larcei could attack 5 times and leech health on all 5 hits and she wasn't even top tier

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wish this game had a reverse recruitment hack... But we banned the guy who specialized in those. loving mods

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

Wish this game had a reverse recruitment hack... But we banned the guy who specialized in those. loving mods

We'll never know the wonder of Matthewthman's gas chamber rape game LP

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

In Training posted:

Reading about genealogy of the holy war and it seems like the systems in that game are the ones they've used untouched from 1996 until now (weapon triangle, support convos, marriage, skills) which is cool.

Yeah, those games were legit hard too, especially Thracia 776 which takes place iirc in the time gap in Genealogy. the maps were way bigger back then too, each chapter was an undertaking:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fiber posted:

Yeah, those games were legit hard too, especially Thracia 776 which takes place iirc in the time gap in Genealogy. the maps were way bigger back then too, each chapter was an undertaking:

This looks loving awesome.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

it ried thracia 776 and it kicked the poo poo out of me, that game doesn't gently caress around

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

fiber posted:

The thing is that huge map was one chapter out of 12.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

Fungah! posted:

it ried thracia 776 and it kicked the poo poo out of me, that game doesn't gently caress around

Same, you almost have to accept people are gonna die.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Apparently NaziTendo of America removed the castle's gas room for the English localization.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
Last thing I'll say about Thracia since I don't wanna derail but I had forgotten that it came out in 2000 for the super famicom, the same year the ps2 launched. Japan ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fiber posted:

Last thing I'll say about Thracia since I don't wanna derail but I had forgotten that it came out in 2000 for the super famicom, the same year the ps2 launched. Japan ftw

Lol. I guess the Fire Emblem guys lost their minds decades ago

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fiber posted:

lol who cares about derails. forum's dead as hell, post your heart out imo

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

Apparently NaziTendo of America removed the castle's gas room for the English localization.

thank christ those fucktarded normies left the bare midriffs alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
Felicia's voice actor is atrocious, but I got a level up with the protagonist and only went up one point in skill so this is definitely an FE game.

I approve!!!

• Locked thread