Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shinmai

CHK Instruction
Brand spanking new lurqeuette here, just popping in to say hi.

Hi!

MrWillsauce posted:

guys I just thought to myself today "self, you know what? The Big Lebowski is a really great movie."

I've been meaning to see that piece of cinema for the last twelve years but never got around to it :(

thanks Matoi Ryuko :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Yup, just read the same thing. First Chyna, now Prince. I know people die every second but it's sad to be reminded of it so frequently.

shinmai

CHK Instruction

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

going to watch purple rain 100% sober tonight for maximum prince intake. rest in peace you beautiful crazy star, you sweet wonderful angel

This, but with the "Charlie Murphy's Real Hollywood Stories" skit about Prince, basketball and pancakes.

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Lizard Wizard posted:

okay so

it turns out d20s made of ice don't photograph very well, but it was cool, honest!

Photographing anything transparent or translucent is a real hassle and requires a bunch of additional props and stuff to look good. I've used my mind's eye to imagine said ice dice and they are indeed very cool :grin:

shinmai

CHK Instruction

mister magpie posted:

Is Uxzuigal actually Angry Fish?

I only know that Axolotl is actually a Pokémon.

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Kobold eBooks posted:

I was browsing the forums as I just got home from lunch, saw that byob was all tilty and got curious and saw that lurkers must post

so hi

I like your avatar, it's neat-o!

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Business Gorillas posted:

(if this was gbs i'd make a joke about your gf but we're all pals here)

as I recently learned to my personal peril, men can get yeast infections too, and they're actually often more aggressive than women's :(

shinmai

CHK Instruction

unfortunately

shinmai

CHK Instruction

social vegan posted:

does it count as lurking if I'm standing perfectly still and staring at the ground

nah pebbles and sand and dirt and poo poo are cool with that kind of thing

shinmai

CHK Instruction

FluffieDuckie posted:

as grandpa would say, 2016 has been fair to middlin'

as a non-native English speaker always eager to learn new folk sayings, idioms and the like, what does this mean? tia!

shinmai

CHK Instruction

FluffieDuckie posted:

farmers used to grade produce good, fair, middling, ordinary, and poor so if you were fair to middling you were just a smidge above average

Ah, that makes a lot more sense, I incorrectly interpreted middling as a verb, and thought 2016 had been a favorable year to middle.

MrWillsauce posted:

teach matoi something so he isn't left out

Hey Matoi Ryuko, the longest actually meaningful palindrome in the Finnish language is 'saippuakivikauppias', which literally means a salesman who sells caustic soda to the soap industry.

shinmai

CHK Instruction
My favorite multi-word one is ' "Iso rikos! Taas sikatappo toppatakissa," Aatso kirosi '
Which is roughly ' "Major crime! Once again a swine was slain by someone wearing a quilted jacket," Aatso cursed '

Finnish is a hosed up language...

shinmai

CHK Instruction

MrWillsauce posted:

is idris elba a big deal in england, saint boner?

i assumed he was a big deal p much everywhere

shinmai

CHK Instruction
Luther was such an awesome series.

shinmai

CHK Instruction

treasure bear posted:

im horible monster hello..

same. hello!

shinmai

CHK Instruction

symbolic posted:

i feel like garbage today, so please tell me funny jokes and make me feel better

Hey there symbolic, here is a picture of a young squirrel that's sorta cute

This is a website that plays relaxing nature sounds: http://www.calmsound.com/

I don't know any happy jokes really, but heard this the other day:

joke posted:

My father was stressed out because of a mistake he'd made at work. I told him to embrace his mistakes. He burst into tears and hugged me

Finally here are some playlists by a guy who has a rather decent voice reading awful fanfictions, tumblr posts and the like. It sometimes manages to make me feel better when I'm having Brain Problems.

shinmai

CHK Instruction
According to developer tools, it's

Uxzuigal posted:

unless my perception of time

Sorry :(

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Byob if you could replace any part of your body with a robotic analog of that same body part, which part would you choose?? (please no gross answers)

Eyes

shinmai

CHK Instruction

LordVonEarlDuke posted:

liver. it would store all the poison from drinking alcohol and then I could spit it at people like the Alien

I like the way you think!

MrWillsauce posted:

I want a robo-taint

Please elaborate.

shinmai

CHK Instruction

I'd like strong tough robot toes so that the door would get stubbed and not me, see how it likes it

this but from the knees down because im kind of clumsy

to turn the cringe-meter all the way to max I should at this time mention that I'm actually saving up to get magnet implants in my fingers in one hand to gain a new sense, which would, technically, make me a cyborg I guess

MrWillsauce posted:

well just think of all the stuff you could do with a robotic taint... it could do math for you, shoot lasers, store your memories, log onto byob, analyze stuff like a tricorder, play music... and all in a spot where no one would ever know you're a cyborg in case the luddites get scared and decide to purge us.

That's actually a really good idea, especially when you consider this dude:

shinmai

CHK Instruction

symbolic posted:

IBS blows and i hate it

Luvcow posted:

IBS = when your bowels are an irritable rear end in a top hat

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

It also leads to having an irritable rear end in a top hat!

these things are true

shinmai

CHK Instruction
agreed pending certain conditions

shinmai

CHK Instruction
excuse me but what is an ik sorry for the trouble thank you in advance

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

a miserable pile of probations

I get this reference :cool:

the only ik i know is inverse kinematics but i'm not entirely sure it's applicable to the something awful dot com forums

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Urodov posted:

it stands for idiot king. if this seems unduly offensive consider that the tradition has its origins in the land of fyad.

Ah, thanksies.
This is my first foray into byob and I haven't set foot in fyad because it makes me feel very old :(

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Ostentatious posted:

what are you all making for dinner

It's almost 1 am here so no dinner, but I ate a banana before bed to try and avoid another night of unexpected muscle cramps. I also had ginger and lemon flavored green tea which was p good.

If I was making dinner I'd probably add some bell pepper, cheese and tuna to a pack of instant noodles and season it with soy sauce and sesame seeds.

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Luvcow posted:

tonic water for cramps (its the quinine), i keep a bottle in my car and one in my house for muscle cramps.

Oh yeah, the banana was just for luck, I drank 1½liters of special muscle-themed mineral water containing a bunch of magnesium, potassium and calcium earlier in the day. I have hella night cramps in my thighs due to a new medication, so this might become a daily meal item for a while.

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Tangerines posted:

I'm new to this so hi.

Hello! How are you doing and what are your favorite pizza toppings?

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Brick Dust Otis posted:

it's eggs wnd pineaplle

trying this next time i make pizza, I already like to sometimes break an egg over a pizza and pineapple is a top-tier pizza topping

shinmai

CHK Instruction

sorry i still don't think i get irony and i can't read too good no more on account of the glaw-co-maw. could somebody illustrate irony with a pretty picture-gram for me?

socratic irony is pretending you don't understand something and having someone teach you about it, but secretly asking questions designed to undermine their arguments and knowledge of the subject.

wait a minute :raise:

shinmai

CHK Instruction
glad to hear you're feeling better symbolic, back-to-back or stacked problems really take it out of you.

LordVonEarlDuke posted:

never down a non goon approved dog. Ask for doob & tell em SA sent ya

It's sad it ended the way it did, I was really looking forward to getting a doobdog if I ever got to visit alabama

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Brick Dust Otis posted:

what happened to dooby

He had problems starting out due to lack of experience, made change to remedy this but not the right changes (still aimed to close at 3pm,closed during holidays like July 4th etc.), started a side business fixing motors or something, had problems with that too, had a social media meltdown and officially shut both businesses down early this year, removed his Facebook account after selling his remaining stock and some appliances through there.

shinmai

CHK Instruction
vappuin' it up itt

5 liters of sima, a huge pile of bishops and like eight different varieties each of sausages and meatballs to grill tomorrow

mantalla nähdään

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Jerry Cotton posted:

What if someone who is actually blind saw it?

They'd go "why, yes I am, how did you know lol?"

shinmai

CHK Instruction

i think this every time i see dresden codak and it keeps me going

Oh god I'd forgotten Dresden Kodak was a thing :( Worse than B^Uckley? Very well might be.

Achewood is a cool and good webcomic in my humble opinion.

shinmai

CHK Instruction

It seems to be the fate of all webcomics, even the ones that started out good.

I think it's the same reason 99% of Calvin & Hobbes is awesome, and Garfield is like playing Russian Roulette with a revolver with five bullets in it. There were few enough C&H, and there are like 500k Garfield strips.

shinmai

CHK Instruction
I spent the last week agonising over schoolwork, but now (almost) everything is finally done, and summer holiday is almost on (I need to make up for a test I missed and return a few papers still), 3 months of chilling and enjoying life.

What'd I miss? What's everybody up to?
I just ate some awesome sushi, and am now chilling with an ice cold glass of Pepsi Max and listening to classic hip-hop while watching the clouds float by outside.

shinmai

CHK Instruction

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

chronic illnesses suck

shinmai

CHK Instruction
highwireact is a fun name because it immediately invokes images in my head of various "highwire acts", "high wireacts" :420: and "hi, g.h.wire acts!" :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shinmai

CHK Instruction