Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quadramind

Hello, shitbirds. I am pleased to be here. Meased to pleet you. Welcome.

I have been lurking, and I understand that it is my duty to post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quadramind

Quadramind

There's one with my pet in it, too. Her name's Cujo. Don't know the deer's name.

Quadramind

Fallow deer. I live in a 700+ hectare park in Ireland. Foxes, badgers, buzzards, sparrowhawks, rabbits, and one putrid goon.

All the good stuff

Quadramind

You can always tell a man's worth by the colour of his fuel

Quadramind

I have a lot of adventures to share, but not much time to make new ones. I'll try to ration.

Quadramind

Kalel, my best friend draws animals smoking cigarettes in mspaint and your av gives me warm feelings.

Quadramind

Viginti, I hate this for you. You deserve better.

I've been through similar stuff, many times, and let me tell you, even if poo poo doesn't get better, you can still get better at coping and accepting and handling.

I know how it feels to have help not come. One thing I'm learning is that sometimes people need to be given explicit instructions on how to help. Figuring out what to ask for can help others to help you.

I'm working my courage up to ask family for money for private health care. Money is not the kind of help I want, but I know it's something they'll understand how to give.

I hope you get some respite from the crap you're going through. Take a break, gather your energy, and when you're ready keep fighting. You deserve better.

Quadramind

Two heads are better than one, and you are prepared for best case scenario.

If someone shows up wearing a coonskin hat, there's a distinct chance of divilment, but two people in coonskin hats?! That's when you know you've got rascals on your hands.

Quadramind

Well, I hate to pile more misery on to the pile, but I was so, so close to calling an ambulance for myself yesterday. Been sick since February, and getting sicker.

I moved back in with my amazing gf and her nana, because I have to concede that I can't take care of myself any more.

This is a good move. I should be in a better position to recover now. Then slap my rear end and put me back in, coach.

My dog lives here :D

Quadramind

Yeah, little Ben is the best. It's been a couple of months since we last hung out, so I got the warmest welcome. Lot more piss than you get with most friends, but he's only little, he can't help it.

Quadramind

I would love to be safely fired from a trebuchet.

Quadramind

This is nanny's dog, Rex, with all the stones he rescued from the river this summer.

He's very old and completely mad.

Quadramind

There are piles of rocks inside and outside both exterior doors, under the couch in the kitchen, in the hollow by the road where he waits for cars to yell at. All his teeth are chipped and blunt from gobbing rocks.

When we were remodeling one of the rooms here recently, we used his stones as backfill.

Good boy.

Quadramind

Sushi

Items, excluding prey, that Sushi has delivered to us:
containers of fish food (3)
slices of pizza (2)
ham (1)
packets of sliced meat (2)
sausage (1)

Quadramind

Happy birthday and good morning!

Quadramind

I'm also a habitual jaw clencher. If I try to just stop by sheer will, it generally leads to being stressed about it and having the reverse effect, so instead I try to find another outlet for that pent up energy. Nibble on something healthy, like an apple or some nuts, speak to someone for a little while, sing a little song, whatever it takes. I sometimes do a little mouth workout, too.

If you feel like screaming, just go ahead and scream. It helps.

Quadramind

great opportunity to misbehave a little

Quadramind

Well, poo poo. That's rough, pal. I am up to about 23 hours a day in bed, and it's maddening. Sometimes listening to a metronome for long enough will put me out.

Quadramind

Boots, Rex' protégé.

Quadramind

Crochet is so easy to get started that you needn't deliberate.

Pic for new page.

Quadramind fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 12, 2022

Quadramind

PNEUMOSTOME

Quadramind

roomforthetuna posted:

Is that a really huge slug assimilating a quarter?

Edit: A slug with a retractable cybernetic arm?

That's a hole in the slug. It's called a pneumostome, and it's a breathing hole. Fascinating and gross.

Quadramind

I'm fukn touching it

Quadramind

When I was a lad, we used to say we were going to "touch the wall", and we always touched that wall, but we also always hooted on a bifter.

Quadramind

Kestrel blessing! Very high quality.

I was able to sit up for dinner with the Mrs and nanny this evening. We are all too warm and tired to eat much, but the company was divine.

Fixing to have myself a rest now before I build a bifter to hoot.

Quadramind

Yeah, it's tremendous. Hoping to maintain progress and be able to catch up with my side of the fam for Christmas, even if it's only for a few minutes.

byob takes partial credit for me doing better. I should have come home to post much sooner.

Quadramind

Hootin', we have bift off.

Quadramind

Quadramind

Viginti Septem posted:

Someone stop me

Belay that order. You must not be stopped under any circumstances.

Quadramind

Yep.

-10°C this morning.

Neighbour's washing machine is frozen.

Quadramind

Ketchup is a bad condiment, but it is a good secret ingredient.

Quadramind

The vibes in this thread make living easy.

I'm a hairy little monkey, and this is my steamy hotspring.

My hidden talent is singing. I made a bum note trying out for choir when I was five, and everyone laughed me out of the gym, so now I never sing with an audience, even though I know I have a terrific voice.

I'm working on it.

Quadramind

Viginti Septem posted:

Waitin' for the train, over he'ya

You can still take pictures while you wait. Your work is so soothing. I spend a lot of time soaking them in.

Quadramind

This is my friend, Ben. My very own mutt to wake me up five times a night, just to make sure I'm completely safe.

Quadramind

Escape From Noise posted:

Double yolk day!

Huge blessing! Enjoy!

Quadramind

Viginti Septem posted:

I'm so stressed I feel like I'm going to puke

Hang in there, bud. I'm right there with you. Have to try to relax so that I can be well, but with new symptoms popping up every week, I'm on a roller-coaster cycle between wondering if I'm going to hospital, becoming accustomed to the new suffering, and then having something new pop up.

Gimme a break! It's so hard to keep up.

Quadramind

Haha! I win. I told you, brain, you don't need the sensation to pass for the feeling to pass. Are we still "gOinG to DiEe"? Maybe so, but you don't have to give me a hard time about it. I'm on your side.

I coasted nicely on down from freak out into conk out. I'm napped up and ready for more lying down.

Rest up chewie. Covid is how I got into this mess in the first place, so take it from me; you be a restful little Buddha and get better soon. Hope you breeze through it with no afters.

Quadramind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quadramind

Love this one
O
O
👟