Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piso Mojado

I've spent most of my adult life searching for the chillest operating system, and it's only now, in the final moments of my ik-ship, that I realize the chillest os is the one you use to post on byob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

MrWillsauce posted:

I think they call it yen

Piso Mojado

Rasmussen posted:

Hello long time lurker first time poster. I like nice happy places with little pressure so I think this might be for me. I don't understand GBS anymore and I never understood fyad. I guess I post mainly in games but want to broaden my horizons.

hello. to help newcomers understand byob, we've summarized our mission statement into the following algorithm for simplicity's sake. welcome!

Piso Mojado

FluffieDuckie posted:

Ok guys. Take a moment to look at the first page. There is a littering of duplicate threads and parody threads. This is why I asked that we not do this

I regret nothing. :colbert:

Piso Mojado

umm, I think you accidently gassed my parallel thread.

Piso Mojado

Yeah its another Count Fair again

you know how this rolls.

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

sdfair.corn

*bookrnarked*

Piso Mojado

omg. you figured out the master secret to the counting thread. just. count. up.

Piso Mojado

FluffieDuckie posted:

i love you guys

Piso Mojado

shinmai posted:

I didn't want to poo poo up the very good apps thread with this but wanted to get it out of my system:

While I was sleeping, someone sent me an IM on ICQ (in tyool 2016, wtf) telling me to "cool my jets" and stop "wasting time & effort effortposting in the shitposting forum".

loll. I'm laughing at this goon but sad for his life. but I'm laughing more.

Piso Mojado

mentally ill weirdo goon: listen, I'm icq'ing you (usenet is down) because I'm worried about you. you made a post in the "shitposting" pastel forum that didn't mention cuck, cucking, sjw's, sjcucking, or xbox. you don't know me, but I feel like I need to step in. hey, I get it. we all want to post 420 and other funny low effort things like 69 and the funny "cukc" meme. but you need to cool your jets. I'm not crazy or weird. really. I'm an anonymous friend. stay safe.

Piso Mojado

symbolic posted:

crossposting from GBS

Piso Mojado

mister magpie posted:

i remember you tonetta

Piso Mojado

shinmai posted:

It's Towel Day, friends. Don't forget your towels!

Piso Mojado

GIMP and Inkscape are good and made by good people. The ui is just different than cs2, it's not bad (unless on mac).

Piso Mojado

what do you plot shinmai?

Piso Mojado

cs2 is good, gimp is good, illustrator and Inkscape are also good. contoversial, I know

Piso Mojado

shinmai posted:

artsy stuff mostly, abstract 3d renders in pencil on recycled paper and hispter stuff like that. Sometimes I do sewing patterns for friends as well. I have three different vintage pen plotters I've snatched up from bankruptcy auctions.

I also have one of those neat-o eggbots from Evil Mad Scientist Labs which can plot stuff on round objects with pens.

sounds cool and now I'm curious! I have 2 plotters I never use right next to me. can you pm or attach a sketch, I want to see what kind of layout your using. :]

Piso Mojado

Yobgoblin posted:

Piso, the album you linked me is really helping me get some sleep. I clocked out at 11pm and woke up at 1am. Then from 1am to 5am. I woke up the to my cat Sawyer wanting to spoon with me. He doesn't like my door being closed so he'll rip up the carpet in protest. I've used the album twice now with a no ad youtube mobile browser. Thanks for linking it, it helps me a lot. I'm about to sleep again. :)

no problem! that album is my go to coding album for nearly a decade now! I'm glad you liked it.

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

Let me put it this way there are so many published peer reviewed articles with figures made in gimp and inkscape if you hate gimp and inkscape you hate science

hahahaha. I used gimp for both of my publications and people thought I was a computer genius.

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

I know right when i showed my advisor you could modify the components of vector graphics like plots from matlab with inkscape, he quietly handed his professor wand to me and said "you're the advisor now"

ikr!? Pretty much every biology paper published from my uni between 2004-2006 has a sass generated plot on it modified by me lol.

Piso Mojado

I Was The Fury posted:

Doesn't BYOB already have a dedicated thread for resolutions?

Piso Mojado

some are gang tags, like ones that identify you as part of a group (i.e. Posting Pals, Bone Buds). However, if it's an award like 'Paticipant' or 'You're Inconsistent', then it's a community badge.

Piso Mojado

Luvcow posted:

this tear tattooed under my eye is here because someone in a rival community died

Piso Mojado

shinmai posted:

I paid a very nice person money to do this to my body. This is a very good day and I'm feeling very good.

some people take tic-tac-toe very seriously.

Piso Mojado

CrazyLittle posted:

hello i make computers go beep boop irl

please be single :pray:

Piso Mojado

VideoGames posted:

I actually did have a pet bee. I used to leave little plates of sugar and honey about the room so he could bumble back and forth.
When I have my own garden I am going to have an Apiary! Also a pond with some ducks. This is my future dream.

it's hard work man, I have 5 hives and I went from loving bees to secretly wanting all those jerks colony collapse.

the sweet sweet honey makes it all worth it I guess.

Piso Mojado

FluffieDuckie posted:

bonus technological improvement - now in cali you can "see" your "doctor" online by filling out an online form and paying and your card arrives in the mail

i mean we're not even pretending anymore

are you kidding me?! I just awkwardly asked my doctor here to write a letter for me saying I have sleep troubles so I could give it to a doc in cali when I move lol.

Piso Mojado

I seriously have been planning a bullet proof & intricate back story like a nerdy high-schooler plans a d&d character so i can get my prescription first thing. :negative:

Piso Mojado

misty mountaintop posted:

The best thing about weed is that you get high while telling the man to go gently caress himself. They should have special weed jails where they arrest you if you have weed and then the cell unlocks if you can solve one of those toddler puzzles with the different shaped blocks.

lol

Piso Mojado

when one of my threads get gassed, I think to myself - did Beyoncé quit when destiny's child broke up? no, she did not. and now look at her. she could have been pissed that the record contract got "gassed" and just gave up, but she kept it real and now look at her.

Piso Mojado

what I'm trying to say is that we all have the same 24 hours a day as Beyoncé. don't let yourself get in the way of your posting dreams.

Piso Mojado

Beyoncé.

Piso Mojado

happy birthday julio!

Piso Mojado

Piso Mojado

Chris mercer is really looking good these days.

Piso Mojado

odds of defeating small tree (with shirt)- 35-45%

odds of defeating small tree (shirtless) - 100%

Piso Mojado

:/

Piso Mojado

you're still in hot water for ruining the saboten goldmined thread recreation mister :redass:

Piso Mojado fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

TWIST FIST posted:

byob 8.2: the shirtless axeman's butt computer