Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

hello my good friends, I've been gone for a few month and didn't visit the yob in the mean time. My last post here was on June 1st I think and that must be centuries ago.
I hope you can forgive me for letting you all down for so long, I want to get back in action and need to know what happened and what's what the chill kids do nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

I said to myself next time when I'm having great breakfast in the earliest morning I come here and say hello to everyone

hello

Goons Are Gifts

Manifisto posted:

hello, and what is making your breakfast great? does it involve tacos? if not, your breakfast might be good, but can it be said to be great?

Woah how did you know! It did indeed involve tacos and that plus a really good coffee made it in fact great and not only good. It was the first time in years that I tried tacos as breakfast but I think I will put it on my list of things I will do again.

Goons Are Gifts

hello

I've been gone for so long that I died and was born again and I'm now an adult posting here again.

What did I miss

Goons Are Gifts

I've actually been really bad when I stopped posting here, then became better slowly and now am doing really good and fine.

So I think I can say yes!

Goons Are Gifts

hello mr Glompton, hello mr squirt, hello mr byob

Goons Are Gifts

Ater my approx fifth posting break in the past three years due to traveling without a computer I found out that byob works on phones nowadays and is also still doing great, so I'm posting again to say hi to everyone.

Hi everyone, I hope you're having a blast in your lifes!

Goons Are Gifts

As a matter of fact, I did! I not only moved to a whole different city to do whole different new things, met a lot of new nice people that could count as hobbies, I also started doing sports again and even stuck to it as well as watching every movie that runs in cinema these days when I have the time to do so.

In terms of pets I thought I'd do it the chill way and got myself the most chill pets imaginable, being a colony of ants.

Goons Are Gifts

Splatmaster posted:

BYOB

Chill me with yummy weed
Alnilam drop a load on 'em

BYOB, how can I explain it
I'll take you frame by frame it

I'll have y'all wonderin' what I'm sayin'
B is for Be or Bring Y is You and the O is Own &
The last B...well...that's not that simple
It's sorta like another way to supervise yourself
Or maybe some booze you brought fresh off the shelf
As insane it seems I gotta start to explainin'

Bust it

You ever had a post you wanted to start even though
You start to think it might be bad so you let it go
You get home, wait a day, you wanna let it out
Then you log in and start the post but then you chicken out
You're not a chump c to the h to the u to the m to the p
You're just a poster with a thread you want us to see
It's BYOB time, time to post that thread get wit it
There's no room for chickening out there only time to :justpost: it

How many posters out there know just what I'm gettin' at
Who thinks it's wrong ''cause I'm splittin' and co-hittin' at
Well if you do, that's BYOB and you're not down with it
But if you don't, here's your membership
You down with BYOB (Yeah you know me) [Repeat: x3]
Who's down with BYOB (Every last Yobbie)
Who's down with BYOB (All the Yobbies)

As for the critics BYOB means something gifted
The first two letters are the same but the last is something different
It's not the North South the East or West
It's a four letter word rhymin' with treasure chest and quest
I won't get into that, I'll do it...ah... post with some quality
I say the last B...hmmm...stands for whatever you want it to be

Now maybe here I post a thread, post a reply back to me, now tell me exactly
Have you ever known a poster who didn't have an avatar
And you just had to stop because the default one really goes to far
You looked up their posts you and you knew right away
That there was an avatar they had to have and you would pay
You didn't want to see the default avatar and honestly you didn't care
You hit the SA store and get them one while you're there
When you're finished, you can leave and only you would know
Those :10bux: are skeleton bones you throw right in the closet do'
Now don't be shocked 'cause if you're down I want your hands up high
Say BYOB (BYOB) I like to say with pride
Now when you do it, do it well and make sure that it counts
You're now down with a discount

Who's down with BYOB (Every last Yobbie)
Who's down with BYOB (All the Yobbies)

This made me happier than the happiest yobber was today

Goons Are Gifts

Splatmaster posted:

I rolled on E and watched the total lunar eclipse with my wife off and on since 10pm and celebrated life and I gotta say, you really must be one happy puppy because I know I am!

Well I can't speak of today, as that day merely started, but yesterday certainly was a very high level of happy puppyness.
We can start today by being happy together!

Goons Are Gifts

glowing-fish posted:

I was on the fence about being happy today, but then I came on to BYOB and read this and was like "Oh, okay, lets be happy for the team"

Like, seriously, for some reason this forum like gives me permission to feel good.

Glad I checked here before D&D.

You generally should do that, we are super chill and happy here. A happy, chill team of happy people that together do happy things. It's clearly better than D&D!

Actually, it's time for a new av, that's how happy I am today.

Goons Are Gifts

Hey everyone, it's happy tuesday again! Time to stop being unhappy and start being happy on another fantastic day.

Let's all enjoy this together as a family

Goons Are Gifts

Grimwit posted:

[Pours cups]
[Passes them around]

I'm following the antics of Tom Kennedy, Sovern Citizen and self-barred Attorney. Most entertaining.

What is everyone else up to?

I also bought tea yesterday for everyone if anyone doesn't feel like coffee.

I think today is the day that we can add an 'exceptionally' in terms of the day being good.

How did that math test turn out?

Goons Are Gifts

hey hogge I like your av! it's a really nice one

Goons Are Gifts

Goons Are Gifts

Hello byob I'm GAG and I wanted to tell you about this very emotional wednesday in a separate thread but I was too scared of making one so I want to tell you here why it turned out good to be happy instead of angry and sad and scared.

I got up today and read my emails in bed and saw that I got rejected at the job I was hoping to get for the last month because they said they rather take someone that lives closer by so they can call them to work at any time and don't have to wait 20 minutes for me to get there, which made me a bit angry.

Then I read that a friend of mine who got robbed and stabbed two weeks ago got a bad infection and doctors said they were not sure how this may turn out for him which made me very angry and concerned.

Then I asked someone I was sexually interested in to go out with me again and I got rejected by having the door slammed which made me sad.

Then I wanted to go buy groceries and some weird stranger yelled at me why I was taking so long to decide which cheese I wanted and that he hates people like me and that he thinks that I'm lonely and ugly which made me confused and a bit sad.

I then got home and was sad and angry about how unchill this wednesday was going and I hit up childish gambino which I usually don't even hear a lot and just stared at the screen not thinking anything for ten minutes but then I felt like I should get moving a bit so I started to dance for no reason and without any thinking and just did that for like an hour with various music coming up, until I had to lay down because I was exhausted and I just stared at the ceiling just having emotions flowing through me and that was actually quite okay.

After half an hour of lying on the floor I got up and felt so much better because I knew that it was not a good day originally but instead of being mad and sad about it, I just let those feelings fly with me with some music and then made room for being chill and feel alright which I still do now.

Whenever you're sad and mad and angry and its wednesday again just give yourself time and room and move without thinking about all the bad things this world can have and your body will bring you back to knowing that it's not all bad and you can be happy at any time and then even post about it, hoping that others can maybe improve their day a tiny bit as well.

Goons Are Gifts

thank you yobbers you're proving that this is an island of chill indeed :glomp:

Goons Are Gifts

Thank you, it's always so much nicer to be happy than not being happy, even if it's not always the simplest approach to a day.

I hope that everyone here also has a great and happy Wednesday!

Goons Are Gifts

Jaded Burnout posted:

Aw that sucks but it kinda sounds like they would've been poo poo to work for.

I thought so, too, when I heard that pseudo reasoning, but just until a few minutes ago I had a really nice 30 minute drink and talk with the guy who denied me, as I (for real!) just met him in my bar randomly.
He said that he and his two bosses were both really sorry and that it was the boss' wife who's also co-owner of the company that decided against me. And that reason with distance merely was a thing because they had to decide between me and a lady that literally lives next door and they loved us both, so they had to decide by vote with the wife's vote breaking the tie due to the next door thingy.

I mean, I don't care if that's just a made up story, as he sat down with me in his free time after meeting me randomly and talked to me and shared a drink, too. I believe him and am also super cool now that I heard the full story, so that I now can go back on looking for a job

Another reason that it was a good decision to become happy instead of angry today!

Goons Are Gifts

That sounds quite lovely, what did it taste like?

Goons Are Gifts

Hello fellow yobbers, happy Thursday to y'all!

I'm so excited to see what this day has to offer. What are you up to?

Goons Are Gifts

Is it possible to acquire pictures of the leaked Rat that requires a refill this evening? :allears:

Goons Are Gifts

This thursday just turned from happy and nice to lovely and great. What are their names? :shobon:

Goons Are Gifts

Jolo posted:

The people responsible for blocking imgur at my workplace should be put to the guillotine for depriving me of these doggo pictures. I could always pick up my phone and look, but they are despicable monsters for making me go through this extra step.

It is very much worth this step though. Waffles and Waffles are insanely good at being looked at.

I hope they also have a fun Thursday, being a puppy can be hard.

Goons Are Gifts

Goons Are Gifts

Hogge Wild posted:

had a long nice walk in -19c. the sun shone and everything looked gorgeous

Woah that sounds absolutely amazing. Did you get some city panorama, or did you see nature itself?

Goons Are Gifts

MockingQuantum posted:

oh my gosh look at the lil squeakers

I have a soft place in my heart for rattes, my roommate after college had three (named Bowser, Ganon, and Ridley) and I was like "hey fuzzy things are neat" but then they turned out to be way more friendly and personable than I thought rattes could be

By the way, awesome naming there, too. :shobon:

Goons Are Gifts

Byob! :glomp:

Goons Are Gifts

Hello byob, off to a great Friday!

Personally I got ton of stuff to do and I want to do it happily and with fun in it, because that is the spirit of a Friday.

So enjoy your Fridays yobbers, what are you doing today?

Goons Are Gifts

Manifisto posted:

if I have the time I want to find fenugreek leaves somewhere for a recipe. this will probably take me to some sort of asian grocery, which is great because it's a kind of mini-vacation.
That sounds fun, what are you going to make? Also, can we expect pictures and/or taste recommendations of it?

Grimwit posted:

Gonna get some coffee, a breakfast burrito, then see where the day takes me.
A breakfast burrito sounds like the best idea I've heard in a good while.

alnilam posted:

good morning friends

i just let out the chickens and took out the trash on this cold morn and then took my babby out of our bedroom and am hanging out with her downstairs so my wife could sleep longer

she is currently grunting like she tryna poop :/
hi alnilam's baby, I hope you also have a grand Friday :allears:

Goons Are Gifts

Hello people who just woke up or entered byob. I hope your Friday is going excellently great and you're having a chill time!

Goons Are Gifts

I can't believe how happy it is!

Goons Are Gifts

MockingQuantum posted:

thanks for bein byob, byob. I hope you're having a good day, I'm trying to be chill and contain my panic about getting a puppy tomorrow
Not only do I have to sincerely congratulate you on your amazing decision to get a puppy, but I must also request several pictures of said puppy for chill reasons.
Puppy days automatically are good days.

MockingQuantum posted:

i opened this thread and accidentally scrolled down to the bottom of the first page, instead of the last. I was... mightily confused

Robot Made of Meat posted:

It's good to have you back, Fluffie!
Well it is good that we have fluffie back! Hello fluffie, how's your day going today?

Goons Are Gifts

I just thought someone was hitting on me, then I realized she was just super drat high. I told her to post in byob and she didn't understand but after hearing my very short and also confusing description she now wants to buy a forum account to post here.

I hope she doesn't forget it, she seems to be a fun person.

Goons Are Gifts

alnilam posted:

thank you for your service

chillinternet.club still redirects here and is easier to remember

before she left I wrote it down on her left hand and on the right I wrote :justpost: which she found super funny for some reason and I really have hopes that we can welcome a new face here soon, because that would be one of the most amazing things I ever did on a friday

Goons Are Gifts

thank you! you rock, too!

As a matter of fact, I'm eating the cheese I took so long right now and it really was worth the wait, because it's amazing

Goons Are Gifts

Manifisto posted:

fenugreek trip report posted in the fine dining thread

Amazing! Thanks for sharing this :glomp:

Agapin Ganus posted:

Haven't posted in 8 years. Lets see if i have a signature

welcome to the yob of the future, we are very chill and futuristic here

Goons Are Gifts

Hello and greetings on this super shiny and special saturday , that is also very exciting because it's a saturday!

I'm going to try to cook today and see what weird results I get out of it and besides that it has to be great because saturdays are always great. Also I plan to get a solid reason to post in the too high to post thread.

Happy saturday byob, I hope you all have an amazing day. What are your plans? Is it going to be chill? And how much pie are you going to eat today?

Goons Are Gifts

That's the spirit my friend, if you ever are not chill, you can choose to be chill.

It's okay to be unchill or sad or even angry and you can do that as long as you need to, but chill happiness after all pays out really well and is very worth the effort.

Also update on my saturday: it's very happy and also insanely productive. I tried to cook but ended up having a really good but not really special salad, so I started to work and worked like mad and also organized myself all day long, I even managed to do a full data backup of everything I ever had in any software and also do a full rework of my passwords and security setup for all devices and accounts, because that was well overdue.

What a chill and happy Saturday this is! I can't wait what else it has to offer.

Bchill ychill ochill bchill, that's what byob stands for after all. :byob:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Crying has a place in your heart, too. But it's so much better to be happy in the longterm, so cry until you are done, come to byob, be happy with us together and due to your sadness, your happiness will feel much more happy, too!

Byob is the loveliest place on the internet really