Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

hello! i don't fully understand byob yet but there's a cat in a hammock so i already approve of whatever's going on in here

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya

sure! many of my crimes are still within the statute of limitations, but here is my beloved, with obligatory kitten pictures included:

and here's my girlfriend's cat, photogenic but deeply goblinbrained:

https://i.imgur.com/SLuO0cO.mp4

Zoya

Viginti Septem posted:

This looks like the end of the road for me. I don't have money for food.

sorry, friend

if you're in the states, you could consider requesting help from the USA goonfund?

Zoya

B33rChiller posted:

Hope Charlie can soothe some pains.

i would die for Charlie

Zoya

Manifisto posted:

good morning everyone! don't forget, COUPONS & DEALS MOVIE NITE AWARDS are tonight, 7pm Eastern, other times in other parts of the world! go to https://cytu.be/r/byobmovies!! be there or be square!!!!

where do the coupons & deals enter into this equation?

Zoya

i've always wanted to win a movie

Zoya

Goons Ate Goatse posted:

Let's talk about beds, my friends!

I don't have much bed experience. To be honest, I don't even have a bed at all and slept on the same one for 25 years since i was a kid and now it's an old couch, as I never have money for a bed, so tell me, my friends, tell me about beds!

What do you have or like? Was or is it a major thing for your life? Do you switch often? Does one have to switch matrasses regularly?
What do you think of toppers? Are they good? I know there are medical toppers for people with back problems that can be life changers, as well as cool comfy ones for anyone, some apparently super super good others not so much, others rather go for a whole new setup every few years instead, it seems to be a big topic!
Educate me about beds, is my bed situation bad? Can it be better? :ohdear:

i can't live without my tempurpedic

i had the original model twin mattress as a kid cuz of my hosed up spine, and then as an adult i bought the floor model of a discontinued queen size one... tempurCloud or some poo poo? idk, it was the closest version to what the "original" was back when there was only one kind. anyway they sold it to us for like 60% price cuz a floor model of a mattress you no longer sell is useless, and also because maybe that mattress store was a money laundering front, works for me either way

the downside is that hotels are ruined forever when you have a bed this nice cuz now hotel beds suck rear end to your normal bed in your normal house 😔

Zoya

i miss halloween already

Zoya

Viginti Septem posted:

I was just evicted. Told to pay in full by tomorrow or I'm on the streets tomorrow night.

this isn't actually legal, eviction is a very long and annoying process for landlords, they tend to threaten you and hope you just get out so they don't have to do any paperwork

there is (almost) no scenario in which a landlord can instantly evict you for non-payment like this

you may not want to make them go through the actual legal eviction process, since it'll mean you are legally evicted and that will hit credit reports and such, but if the alternative is literally being on the streets... yeah, gently caress it, force them to truly evict you and not just tell you "you're evicted" like michael scott yelling "i declare bankruptcy"

gently caress landlords

Zoya

Viginti Septem posted:

I'm not on a lease. Have just been paying the two primary roommates who are on the lease for the last two years.

I woke the landlord up and had him drive into town to meet with all of us because the roommates were very heated and talking about taking things of mine as collateral like my camera.

After a long talk we're in better terms but the end run is still that I have to go.

that doesn't make it legal, there is almost nowhere where you can be made to leave from where you live within 24 hours

even if you don't have a lease, if you've lived there long enough, a court order is required to *legally* evict you

Zoya

at a minimum you must be given 5 days notice to vacate -- and if you do not vacate, eviction proceedings must be gone through, which can take weeks at the very least, all of which during through it is illegal for anyone to remove you from your home

Zoya

Viginti Septem posted:

I just got a lecture on integrity from the roommate about 30 seconds after they suggested that I lie to my family and say that I'm already homeless and on the streets to expedite my moving out.

wow yeah it no longer surprises me they're trying to bully you into evicting yourself, sound like your roommates just plain chug rear end

Zoya

rear end-penny posted:

what is our new favorite dog breed supposed to be? labradors own

america's favorite dog? the answer may surprise you! mcdonald's

Zoya

guess who's got two thumbs and got pulled over in a speeding trap 2 hours into a roadtrip in bumfuck nowhere only to immediately discover that

a) my license plates expired 6 months ago
b) my driver's license expired 2 months ago
c) i never bothered getting a brake tag on this car in the last 3 years

????

it's me i'm the one with two thumbs

🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Zoya

i made it to dallas but this ticket is going to be many hundreds of dollars and the cop suggested i fix all my poo poo and go to the court date and they'll probably "work with me" but the court in question is in fucktown nowheresville hours away from home so that's very annoying

here's more context:

Zoya posted:

i'm not in jail btw i'm still driving to dallas

the cop said:

i'm not gonna tow you to the station cuz "i don't think you meant any harm" (copspeak translation: "you're cute") and "i'm sure you'll get this taken care of right away" (copspeak translation: "you're white")

this ticket is probably gonna be like $700 tho so i'm hosed in that regard and i'm gonna be in dallas for a full week and this ticket will protect me from other cops pulling me over for ... 5 days ... so i dunno how i'm supposed to fix all this poo poo when i'm not home to do any of it, i might get turbo-hosed on the drive back in a week

long story short gently caress cars we should all be riding trains everywhere instead ##vote illu

Zoya posted:

okay bye again this gas station is giving vibes like someone's gonna kill me and my gf for being homos i'm getting out of here

Zoya posted:

Johnny Keats posted:

You can't get it fixed in Dallas within a week?

i don't think so? i don't live in texas so all my poo poo is from another state. i can probly renew some of it online but they might refuse to renew my license online since it's already expired, gonna try tomorrow and find out

Hal Incandenza posted:

When you come back tell me what a brake tag is

it's some bullshit louisiana does that makes you waste like $40 for some guy to confirm that your brake lights work and then they put a sticker on your windshield that expires like a year later and it's prolly an excuse for the cops to bilk you for a few extra bucks if you get pulled over but i dunno. i been trying to move out of this shithole for a while so i was hoping to skirt by and move away to a state where this isn't a thing before ever getting popped but then uhhh yeah i hosed up bad i guess lmao

we got here so after i cool down and eat something i'll enter MAFIA MODE and accurately detect the entire scum team, stay tuned

Zoya

the ticket is seven hundred and seventy dollars 🙃

Zoya

Zoya posted:

strange man offering me hits off his weed vape iokay that'is prollyit for my posting tonigbt ayyuyy

oh no

it was so fuckig strong

Zoya

oops meant to trasbed thread

Zoya

evRry thread is tteashed crew if yIu ttry hard enoug

Zoya

BYOB stands for bBring Yiur Own Btrashed

Zoya

Viginti Septem posted:

We got to meet so many birds yesterday. There were eight parrots in the scritching room and about twenty others in cages.

The lady who is going to board Kacie has about twenty birds at her house too 😳

Here's Kacie on the left. And another grey on the right. They didn't know what to do with each other.

The owl that comes in sometimes. It's huge. And I want to meet it.

A very nice cockatoo

A smol guy who has ADHD and just jumps around bobbing his head everywhere. We made quick friends.

biiiiiiiirds!!!

Zoya

Viginti Septem posted:

Just signed a lease on a new place to live. Kacie and I can move in today

yessss post more kacie pics in celebration

Zoya

ChubbyChecker posted:

the same thing happened to me a while ago so i finally bought one of them rugged phones

so far so good

my phone screen is almost more cracks than screen at this point so i'm very stupidly thinking of buying a motorola razr despite the probably many inherent flaws of a bendy phone mostly out of nostaglia for the original razrs from when i was a wee lass

Zoya

123 people chillin

Zoya

someone hit me with the yobscord invite cuz i feel like i probably should be in there? but i'm not in there

Zoya

Ghosts Are Gone posted:

byob we need a new forum title, can someone quote a great post or does someone have a nice idea or, I need something!!! :ohdear:

i had a really good one in my head yesterday but its gone now, i'll try to remember it

Zoya

wait no i remember it and it wasn't that good i was just really high and decided YOBGOBLINS RISE UP was the funniest possible sentence at the time :hmmyes:

Zoya

Bright Bart posted:

I fall asleep with YouTube on. Sometimes it's comedy. Sometimes history. Sometimes people playing games.

I often, way too often, wake up to find that autoplay has brought me to either Joe Rogan or Jordan Peterson. Quite often Joe Rogan interviewing Jordan Peterson. It doesn't matter what I start with. I wake up and the trail looks like

Liz Miele full stand up > random comedian clips > that random comedian being interviewed > that random comedian being interviewed by Joe Rogan > Joe Rogan interviewing Jordan Peterson
or
A Collection of Unmitigated Pedantry on premodern siege tactics > another ACOUP on something else > another historian > Jordan Peterson talking about evolutionary psychology > Jordan Peterson on the Joe Rogan show

I'm really worried this has some subconscious effect.

Zoya

Viginti Septem posted:

I rearranged the bedroom so that Kacie can walk across a tree branch from her cage to the metal headboard of my bed. She decided to sleep on the headboard last night with me. Then this morning crawled down to the bed to get scritches. 💞

this makes me want a bird so bad but my cats couldn't possibly be trusted with such a roommate

Zoya

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

g'morbning orbs

great avi

Zoya

nesamdoom posted:

Women be pooping.

Zoya

Zoya

RavenousScoot posted:

took a long walk outside in the rainstorm since it wasn't thundering or anything, watched the wormbirds peck around and take baths in puddles :^)

i wish i was pecking around and taking baths in puddles rn tbh, that sounds lovely

Zoya

Escape From Noise posted:

Okay. Wait. Hold up. What?

i would like to consume this thing

Zoya

B33rChiller posted:

Agreed. Private, retail money isn't a great gift.
A better kind of gift certificate would be for an experience that you know the recipient would enjoy, but wouldn't spend their own money on, as they would see it as frivolous, or whatever. Occasional big deal gifts like that can be a hit.

I bought my, at the time, wife a glider tour flight gift certificate. It wasn't a ticket for a flight on a certain day, but a pre paid tour package that she could schedule at a time convenient to her. That was well received. It wasn't something she would have ever thought of on the first place, and not something she would have splashed out for. But she loved the flight and the view over the mountains and out to sea, without all the engine noise you get in powered aircraft.

these are neat as a concept, but if you give this to someone with lovely executive function skills, be aware of the very real possibility that they stick the certificate on their fridge and then it sits there for 2 years and ends up never used or invalid

my mom sent me a similar thing for a knife-forging class, which i went and did and it was very cool! so she took that as encouragement and proceeded to gift both my partner and i certificates for a glass-blowing class ... which, yeah, they were still on the fridge when we last moved, long gone now, rip

anyway for curiosity's sake and also cuz it whips rear end here's the knife i made:

... accidentally drafted this post rather than posting it several hours ago, whoops ...

Zoya

The Assassination of Jesse Cruft by the Coward Robert $6,849.95 Gift Card

Zoya

B33rChiller posted:

Snowrunner all the way. Chill truckin in the mud and snow. Going for a drive in the mountains, and lol, oops, rolling down a cliff face.

And a bunch of shoot em ups. I am mediocre at best when it comes to shmups, but I've been hooked since I was little. I freaking love flying little spaceships / witches / dogs / cats / whatever the theme is, and shooting lots of other spaceships.
No plot necessary. Just pure gaming.

try ZeroRanger if you've never played it

so... so loving good

Zoya

i talked about this in the discord last night but over the weekend i've successfully, singlehandedly (my partner does not drive), driven 2000km in a rented minivan filled with (some of) our belongings and 2 very confused cats while both getting over a cold and ramping up a seemingly unrelated raging sinus infection

also, i didn't tell anyone at my fake emails job that i was doing this, so now the countdown begins before someone figures it out and they have to decide if it's worth firing me about it lmao

foreseeing this problem in advance, and with them starting to force us to use cameras in meetings, i bought a literal greenscreen months ago and have been streaming myself through OBS into the conference software with my desk in various dystopian corners of the office building from The Stanley Parable during meetings so that no one can see the room behind me change post-move and catch on right away

had to leave some stuff behind and part of that was downsizing my huge corner desk to a much smaller one... but last night i managed to finish setting it up and now have computer again!! and i think i did a decent job making the most of every last inch of the limited space at my disposal here. i still need a place for my headphones, but i'm happy with this setup overall

anyway check out my cat vibing on top of a guitar during the roadtrip and also my new, incredibly compact desk setup!

Zoya

nesamdoom posted:

But ewe handshakes are loving gross and I just want nothing to do with them

hard agree. i usually do a little bow with a 🙏 when meeting new people and it seems to discourage most people from trying that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya

all is right with the world for Zot in the new house, now that she has regained her favorite object in the entire world -- a filthy diablo 3 beach towel from 2008 that she is absolutely obsessed with and we can never get rid of, placed on top of her personal (and partially ruined) office chair