Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please

forums poster

never really posted in byob before

whats up folks

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

Heather Papps posted:

i just closed a wrong window and lost like a half hours work so i'm doing other things for a bit how bout you?

oh dang that stinks I'm sorry

rear end-penny posted:

Enjoying my night off before work again tomorrow. How are you doing? Do you have any pets you can post pictures of? If you have some spare falafel I'm a bit peckish.

not too bad, made some baked mostaccioli in a rip-off of sbarro's baked ziti and then i made a cocktail which is very tart and tart things make me sweat, so I got the lemon sweats

this is George Germaine or GG or geej, he's a cranky old man

more falafel please

forums poster

my partner got him from a nature center she used to work at. they got him in the early 90s and he was full grown, so he's at least late 40s, but probably older

more falafel please

forums poster

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I have to admit that I actually really like Jolene by Dolly Parton.

the least guilty pleasure tbh

more falafel please

forums poster

Shifty Nipples posted:

Is he not a tortoise cause he sure looks like a tortoise

he's a gulf coast box turtle. scale might be hard to tell from that picture, but his shell is probably about 9" the long way

more falafel please

forums poster

welcome hello and chat thread, or WHACT,

more falafel please

forums poster

imo your standard taco should be a corn tortilla, griddled until it softens, then meat (steak of some kind is standard, but al pastor (marinated pork on a spit similar to gyros/shwarma), chicken, fish, chorizo are all good), cilantro (coriander) leaves, minced raw white onion, salsa verde, and lime to squeeze on top. cheese optional but a crumbly queso fresco or cotija is the preference. other toppings are acceptable but not required: sliced radish, avocado, maybe tomato

more falafel please fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 25, 2020

more falafel please

forums poster

owlhawk911 posted:

the basic taco is tortilla/ground beef/shredded cheese/tomato/lettuce/onion. it's pretty dang good if you spice the beef up right

this bougie-rear end taco sounds delicious but will be first against the wall when the revolution comes

lol not really bud

more falafel please

forums poster

I like lengua tacos the best. Best tacos are corn tortilla. I haves had a crispy taco in ages

lengua is extremely good

more falafel please

forums poster

i went for a run today for the first time in like a month (didn't feel safe without a face covering and it's hard to avoid going close to people in my neighborhood) and it was like 80 and humid and i had a sometimes-bandana-face-coveting situation so I didn't run very far or very fast but it was nice to get out, and any exercise is better than none!

more falafel please

forums poster

Be careful! Running with a mask can cause heat exhaustion

yeah it's rough. I was only putting it on when like, I was running through an alley and then someone came out of a garage or something like that. but I live in a big city in a dense neighborhood and this was around 6 so a lot of folks were taking their dogs out/taking a walk/etc and you sometimes can't avoid it, so mask when necessary. I have to do something because as far as I can tell the only reason my health hasn't gone to poo poo is that I've been running for the last couple years and these last months my whole body's been getting worse!

more falafel please

forums poster

i don't usually have issues with impacted earwax but randomly when i went to the doctor like a year and a half ago i had a giant ball of hard earwax. nothing felt weird before i went in and it didn't change my hearing or anything. nothing like that has happened before or since and it was just in one ear. i'm still kinda confused about it

more falafel please

forums poster

kinda drunk rn, my homebrew club has been meeting over zoom twice a month instead of once a month in lockdown and so that means every 2 weeksish I get drunk on a Thursday anyway how you doing byob

more falafel please

forums poster

Stoner Sloth posted:

that sounds nice! doing pretty good, busily getting ready for a move but glad to be getting into a new and better place. just having a few quiet afternoon drinks rn and chilling!

nice! moving is stressful but I hope it's a good change. what are you drinking?

more falafel please

forums poster

I had a party once where I wanted to make a sloe gin cocktail so I bought 3 bottles of sloe gin and we mixed up a whole bunch of it and it finished one bottle, so long story short it's been like 8 years and I still have some sloe gin

more falafel please

forums poster

The beer came out really interesting. Some day I'd like to take another crack at it. It was based on a Belgium blond ale. I feel like my former boss really dropped the ball on selling it and suddenly had us bottle a ton for a local restaurant so it didn't really get sold as our beer. But that's another story for another time.

Here's what it looked like.

A beer bar in Kumamoto took a better pic but it'd take a while to find

nice what yeast did you use?

more falafel please

forums poster

Wyeast 3522-Belgian Ardennes. Became one of my favorite yeasts. I really like Belgian styles, but it has a more subtle yeast character than other strains, while still maintaining a nice presence. It's also a real workhorse and just super reliable.

nice I've never used 3522 but I have a pack I'm gonna use on a dubbel pretty soon

more falafel please

forums poster

Goons Are Great posted:

Who invented the milkshake? Was it Mr. Shake? I'd love to meet him and say thank you

it was a guy in New Jersey who lived with his two friends. their neighbor had a pool, but he really didn't like it when Mr. Shake went in it

more falafel please

forums poster

i got a keg of a local ipa from the brewery today when I realized I could piece together the equipment to get a commercial keg. so now I have revolution anti-hero on tap which feels sorta fitting for These Times

more falafel please

forums poster

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

hey orbs...i'm going to try to be as aboslutely nonspecific as possible out of respect for our (generally very good) ban on political chat, but look, things are insanely unchill here in the US right now. i was very fortunate to get home safe and sound tonight, but to any orbs still out there at the [REDACTED] please please stay safe. solidarity with all of you. scary poo poo

really sorry if this was too much over the line. love you guys

glad you're home safe. glad you were out.

more falafel please

forums poster

Goons Are Great posted:

next (very) highlight: page 42069
let's post

24769 will be first

more falafel please

forums poster

Dixville posted:

All Cats Are Beautiful

more falafel please

forums poster

Kief Richards posted:

Seriously though I just really like square pizza because then it makes me feel very accomplished when I eat three slices

it's the variety! you got edge pieces: good! corner pieces: good! middle pieces: good! all good, all different!

more falafel please

forums poster

party squares only works for really thin crackery crust like chicago tavern style though. cutting like an NY style pizza in squares would be a mess

more falafel please

forums poster

Pahilla the Hun posted:

drinkin summer sunday vodka +cran lime soda water

sup? choo drinkin? is it good?

work tomorrow, ugh, amirite?

been drinking a lot lately so I'm taking the night off, just got a big old glass of ice water

more falafel please

forums poster

Heather Papps posted:

If you can swing it I highly recommend going to a cabin in the woods for a day or two it's very nice!

i would super like to, unfortunately the cabin crew i typically go with is not meeting in person for [other thread reasons]. hopefully we can do something small later this summer!

more falafel please

forums poster

Goons Are Great posted:

That's a strong dog jpg there, I love it and I love you

jpeg-dog.jpg

more falafel please

forums poster

Shifty Nipples posted:

enormous baggy jorts were the thing when I was in 6th grade and I miss them

one of my friends in middle school had a pair of magenta jorts that were basically just two jirts sewn together, went down to mid calf and had back pockets big enough that he could fit his social studies textbook in one and his cat in the other

more falafel please

forums poster

Heather Papps posted:

gaudy marigold everyone! i am looking at the weather and we are at 95% humidity and that seems wrong.

ooh you probably have the same storm system we had yesterday. it sucks!

more falafel please

forums poster

wearing some black jorts now

more falafel please

forums poster

up too late again which is a theme these days

i started out Posting on netphoria.org the unofficial smashing pumpkins forum, not like those rubes on the official smashing pumpkins forum

does anyone have advice for when you're sad because you're supposed to be at your vaguely spiritual but mostly just sex camping event but for the first time in a decade it's not happening for obvious reasons and you're sad about it, asking for a friend

more falafel please

forums poster

i had heard about sa mostly for :filez: but by the time I regged they were gone. i don't remember what made me register but i was in college and my friend had just registered so I guess that explains it

i posted in gbs, tried to post in fyad in like 05, got a name change in a fyad name change thread, got permatrained, eventually ended up posting in LF for a long time, left after LF got deleted and recently sorta dipped back in. i never posted in byob but I think while I was here before it was kinda Irony Zone but with kittens? def seems more chill now

more falafel please

forums poster

Stooge posted:

"hey ma' I'm on that page what with the number!"

[muffled phone noises]

"no ma', it's a multiple of 500, not 69 or 420"

[muffled phone noises]

"ma', I don't know if it's a prime, you sent Jenny to college not me..."

[angry muffled phone noises]

"ma' please..."

if it's a multiple of 500 it can't be a prime :viggo:

more falafel please

forums poster

Doctor Dogballs posted:

"Captain's log, stardate..."
picard counts the rings on the log
"A hundred and fifteen"

more falafel please

forums poster

joining drinking crew with a home brew dark mild and a snifter of some lovely bourbon

more falafel please

forums poster

nut posted:

i spent the afternoon sitting in a river drinking lovely beer and writing and then came home to a watermelon tequila drink and now i cannot move from my hammock home

that sounds extremely chill I love lovely beer even though it is over

more falafel please

forums poster

nut posted:

i was engaging in my civil duty to over the beer

over? more like into! prepositions!

more falafel please

forums poster

Slush Garbo posted:

the secret of my thread is that it was only over because i ran out

once again, tonight, BEER IS START

well good cause I'm two deep and opening a bottle of boulevard saison Brett from 2013

fake edit: I should have opened this bottle when it wasn't 7 years old

more falafel please

forums poster

if Elon musk was trans do you think she'd yell "be gay do grimes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

havin a beer but then I'm gonna go to bed I think