Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

The blue dragon at the bottom of the backer dungeon thing kicked the poo poo out of me so many times that I eventually just gave up and made a deal with it. Good times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

The blue dragon at the bottom of the backer dungeon thing kicked the poo poo out of me so many times that I eventually just gave up and made a deal with it. Good times

Gaming without honour.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Now that the expansions are both out...... It's time for round Two.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

your a bitch and the dragon played you like one lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hheard from a bud that both parts of the expansion have a dragon that's harder than the adrea dragon and doesn't have a copout option. i'm fuckin pumped

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Durance and Zahua are the best companions, with Eder being a close third.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

put kana as a close fourth and yeah

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like Mourning a whole lot

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Fungah! posted:

hheard from a bud that both parts of the expansion have a dragon that's harder than the adrea dragon and doesn't have a copout option. i'm fuckin pumped

Haha... Uh, yeah. Me too.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Holy poo poo, the new spells for Wizards are insane, especially the 4th level one that lets you summon a bunch of tentacles to beat people up.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
slicken is still extremely fierce

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

frank.club posted:

slicken is still extremely fierce

not in late game because every loving thing is either immune to prone or ground.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SunAndSpring posted:

not in late game because every loving thing is either immune to prone or ground.

if you could tell me how to kill ghosts that'd be cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ordered my new PC components today. Can't wait to play this

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

frank.club posted:

if you could tell me how to kill ghosts that'd be cool

Fire is really good because their DR to that is low. Be sure to buff yourself with accuracy because that is the most important thing in this game because it also affects your critical hit chance.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Is the ranger a fun class? I'm not very far in the game but I'm getting bored with the paladin and thinking of restarting. I want a powerful wolf or stag friend.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Fungah! posted:

I've heard the WM2 does have a nonviolent option if you have 17 INT or so. With the WM1 one you can say "OK, I'm gonna take off" and it'll basically let you and you can still come back later, so you've got an out if you meet it at low level.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Is the ranger a fun class? I'm not very far in the game but I'm getting bored with the paladin and thinking of restarting. I want a powerful wolf or stag friend.

They're pretty decent. Used to suck balls at release but now they're pretty good.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Does anyone remember if Edwin treats you differently in BG2 if you have high int

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Been meaning to get this for so long then I miss the sale... Fml

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Benny D posted:

Does anyone remember if Edwin treats you differently in BG2 if you have high int

He calls you a simian etc either way.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

SunAndSpring posted:

They're pretty decent. Used to suck balls at release but now they're pretty good.

Properly specced and equipped they can do some ludicrous damage now. Sagani's gone from being the worst companion to top tier.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benny D posted:

I killed him with my 20 INT wizard lol

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

My favourite thing about Edwin in BG2 is if you express surprise since you killed him in BG1 and he just doesn't give a poo poo and calls you an idiot. Top tier party member.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

Cool, thanks. I just restarted as a Pale Elf ranger and I'm having a real good time whooping rear end with my wolf friend Maxine.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

My favourite thing about Edwin in BG2 is if you express surprise since you killed him in BG1 and he just doesn't give a poo poo and calls you an idiot. Top tier party member.

Edwin owns, they acknowledge his high INT by making his quips and predictions basically always correct (compared to dumber NPCs). Blew my mind after solving the flayer murders for example.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Worst part about this game is it isn't bg2

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I liked this at first but really didn't by the end. thanks

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I liked this at first but really didn't by the end. thanks

Why?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dangerdoom volvo posted:

yeah good thing all the good games were made twenty years ago so we don't need to play anything else. gently caress off

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dangerdoom volvo posted:

what do posts like this even mean

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

frank.club posted:

what do posts like this even mean
"I will never again feel like a child."

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
grown ups are very dumb

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i am a child

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

i am a child

me too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i'm old as poo poo

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011