Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I like that they made good magical items in the expansions because the ones in the base game were really boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I like that this one new soulbound dagger you can get gets progressively worse and worse as you use it, and then when you finally get it fully upgraded, it's loving insane.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Durance and Zahua are the best companions, with Eder being a close third.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Holy poo poo, the new spells for Wizards are insane, especially the 4th level one that lets you summon a bunch of tentacles to beat people up.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

frank.club posted:

slicken is still extremely fierce

not in late game because every loving thing is either immune to prone or ground.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

frank.club posted:

if you could tell me how to kill ghosts that'd be cool

Fire is really good because their DR to that is low. Be sure to buff yourself with accuracy because that is the most important thing in this game because it also affects your critical hit chance.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Is the ranger a fun class? I'm not very far in the game but I'm getting bored with the paladin and thinking of restarting. I want a powerful wolf or stag friend.

They're pretty decent. Used to suck balls at release but now they're pretty good.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
There's a new priest spell in TWM where you can shoot a beam between the priest and another target, and it heals allies and burns enemies, so I just gave Zahua speed boots and had Durance fire that spell at him, and then had Zahua run all over the loving map and either heal my guys or burn the hell out of enemies.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

In this gamer's opinion, there shouldn't have been Per Encounter abilities at all. Also, the stamina versus health thing is kinda retarded because then you have to deal with two different health bars, two different kind of healing spells, etc. I think the limited rest idea combined with making skills more powerful like they are in D&D to compensate for less abilities to use would have been better.

I said it when it came out I think, but this game pisses me off because it's really close to being an old school RPG, but the tiny changes they made for the sake of Perfect Singleplayer Balance make everything feel samey and whitewashed, instead of fun and diverse. It also makes the challenge of the game reliant on stupid poo poo like difficulty sliders and enforced iron man mode, instead of the actual strategy in combat.

Per Encounters are fine for non-casters. Gives them something active to do instead of just spamming Power Attack like they did in old D&D.

And really, I'll take this kind of balance over that wanky old D&D poo poo where if you're a non-caster, you're loving worthless, and if you're a wizard, druid, or cleric, you're a god.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Fungah! posted:

don't loving turn this into a d&d argument or i'm torpedoing the thread

I respect your wishes and will not do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'd say the improvements the expansions made turned Pillars into a pretty good game. For starters, rope kid realized that hard counters aren't bad but are actually good and now things have actual immunities to poo poo and your priest can shut down enemy tactics pretty hard with one spell.

• Locked thread