Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

triple sulk posted:

I could see him endorsing Kasich if only because I'm pretty sure he loving hates both Cruz and Rubio.

I don't see Jeb's Old Money supporters voting for one of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

The X-man cometh posted:

I don't see Jeb's Old Money supporters voting for one of those.

One of those what?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Jeb's base consists of Know Nothing supporters from the mid-19th century. It's why he's been struggling this cycle.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

So who actually won the Hispanic vote in Nevada, Hillary or Bernie?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

So who actually won the Hispanic vote in Nevada, Hillary or Bernie?

The fair, unbiased answer:

Entrance polls say Bernie won the Hispanic vote. Election results show that Hillary won predominantly hispanic districts. Take that as you will.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Logikv9 posted:

The fair, unbiased answer:

Entrance polls say Bernie won the Hispanic vote. Election results show that Hillary won predominantly hispanic districts. Take that as you will.

One possible explanation:
http://twitter.com/davidshor/status/701182047226716160

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Potentially! Long story short, we will never know for certain.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

is there anywhere with demographics and results for all the precincts? making a scatter plot of latino % and hillary delegate % might be kind of interesting. it couldn't answer the criticism in that tweet though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article61641387.html

quote:

He said Sanders’ numbers were driven by dramatic differences in Hispanics by age. According to the poll, Sanders won Hispanic caucus-voters aged 17-29 by 83-12 percent, and Clinton won those aged 30 and older by 65-34.

I wonder what the age breakdown will be in South Carolina. If Bernie wins a large majority of the black youth vote the narrative would shift to "Hillary has an even bigger problem with youth voters than we thought." Now I know there are less young people in general in South Carolina and Hillary will win easily but it'd be interesting if Bernie still wins the youth vote.

• Locked thread