Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Mr Hootington posted:

Where do you find these and is it actually Sanders?

I'm sure Jonathan Capehart is on the case already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bruce Rappaport gets around.

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

Mystery Goomba posted:

Okay, I'm admittedly biased against Bernie's prospects, but I don't think it's unfair to be very skeptical of the idea that he can close a 20 point gap on caucus day within a matter of less than two months.

The 20 point gap is in SC, not NV.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

quote:

"Bernie identified it himself," said Tad Devine, a senior adviser to the campaign, adding that Sanders looked at a digital image of the photo. "He looked at it — he actually has his student ID from the University of Chicago in his wallet — and he said, 'Yes, that indeed is (me).'"

Perfect.

As for the GOP, I think I'm hoping for a surprise Trump boom, +37%, with a big logjam in the 17%-10% zone such that it's hard to really say anyone else distinguished themselves from the pack. Losing already hurts Cruz but if he's within orbit of the pack it's an actual defeat, and similarly even if Rubio comes out ahead of Jeb! and Kasich he needs to have enough headroom to make it look good. God help him if he's behind them, because after New Hampshire that'd probably destroy any attempt to consolidate the establishment behind him before Super Tuesday.

I'm not ready to see the madness of Trump, Republican Frontrunner end, and keeping the crabs in that bucket up to Super Tuesday is probably the way to guarantee chaos at the convention.

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

I was referring to the differences between the (sparse) polling being done in NV prior to the latest batch of polls this month -- Clinton had a +23 lead in December. CNN had her at +1 just two days ago. That's a lot of movement! I'm not so certain those numbers are going to be reflected on caucus night, though. If they are, then egg on my face :)

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Aliquid posted:

I think it's a pretty solid guess that Cruz outdoes Rubio in delegates.

Only 21 delegates are divided piecewise from the 7 voting districts, 3 to the plurality winner of each. It's entirely possible for a 3rd place finisher to win more delegates than 2nd, if his support is geographically concentrated in places where 1st/2nd are not strong. That's the weirdest thing about the SC primary; delegates assigned are completely independent from the vote ranking.

Except that the other 29 go to the statewide plurality winner, of course.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Where do you find these and is it actually Sanders?

No, that's Bruce Rappaport.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Fuschia tude posted:

Only 21 delegates are divided piecewise from the 7 voting districts, 3 to the plurality winner of each. It's entirely possible for a 3rd place finisher to win more delegates than 2nd, if his support is geographically concentrated in places where 1st/2nd are not strong. That's the weirdest thing about the SC primary; delegates assigned are completely independent from the vote ranking.

Except that the other 29 go to the statewide plurality winner, of course.

i think most of the republican primaries, or at least a large plurality, follow this model. some of them are winner-take-all, some of them proportional unless someone gets over 50%, and a million other variations, but however they divvy the delegates up within the different pools, this 3/district + X for the state model seems to be pretty common

going by this site, anyway
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/R-Del.phtml

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
The GOP nomination is practically a sealed deal already barring any last ditch ratcucking by the establishment because Trump has a head start on courting the racist Labor Aristocracy vote that none of the other guys are going to be able to catch up to.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

T r a v i s posted:

The GOP nomination is practically a sealed deal already barring any last ditch ratcucking by the establishment because Trump has a head start on courting the racist Labor Aristocracy vote that none of the other guys are going to be able to catch up to.

Donald Trump is fulfilling the prophecy of the missing white voters.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Nanomashoes posted:

No, that's Bruce Rappaport.

Bruce looking feisty, glad he is still alive and fighting for America.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Trump over 30%.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

oystertoadfish posted:

i think most of the republican primaries, or at least a large plurality, follow this model. some of them are winner-take-all, some of them proportional unless someone gets over 50%, and a million other variations, but however they divvy the delegates up within the different pools, this 3/district + X for the state model seems to be pretty common

going by this site, anyway
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/R-Del.phtml

The majority of them are proportional, either statewide or some-statewide-some-proportional-by-district-result, actually. (And many have a WTA threshold for a winner of 50% or more statewide.) Your site tells you how they're divided state vs. district but not how they're allocated within those categories. There's actually only 7 more states that are going to be winner-takes-all statewide and per-district.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
RUMOR: Clinton campaign is buying bar tabs for young people in Nevada so they won't get up in time for the caucus.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Comped drinks in Nevada? Is that even legal?!

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Concerned Citizen posted:

RUMOR: Clinton campaign is buying bar tabs for young people in Nevada so they won't get up in time for the caucus.

I want so bad for this to be true.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

I was just thinking this is why I'd bet hard on Clinton. "Are you likely to get wasted4bernie and not make it to the caucus site until 11:18 because you had to wake and bake" probably isn't a crosstab in any of these polls.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this, book it

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Oiled and Ready posted:

I was just thinking this is why I'd bet hard on Clinton. "Are you likely to get wasted4bernie and not make it to the caucus site until 11:18 because you had to wake and bake" probably isn't a crosstab in any of these polls.

What about all the old people who die in between the polls and the caucus who would have voted for Hillary?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh wait they probably vote anyways.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Now we need a photo of Fred Trump getting arrested (for being part of a racist mob, possibly).

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
You bastards need to have more elections on weekends. Raided the local liquor store for AMERICAN brands and I have no idea what this is but I also have no idea what the hell is going on in this election, so that's OK I think.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Corek posted:

Now we need a photo of Fred Trump getting arrested (for being part of a racist mob, possibly).

They don't arrest people for that, silly

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

ubergnu posted:

You bastards need to have more elections on weekends. Raided the local liquor store for AMERICAN brands and I have no idea what this is but I also have no idea what the hell is going on in this election, so that's OK I think.

If you can find it, you should get a few bottles of Raging Bitch. I had some last year and it was great.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

ubergnu posted:

Lagunitas is pretty good I always pick up a bomber when they're on sale.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

ubergnu posted:

I have no idea what any of those are

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

that'd be smart and own.

ubergnu posted:

lagunitas also owns. never had the maximus before though. i'm spending my day doing brewery tours so i'm sure by the time results come in i'll be a (more) drunken mess than usual on election nights.

but hey at least i won't have to worry about going in to work tomorrow with a hangover! :v:

axeil has issued a correction as of 15:58 on Feb 20, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lagunitas Lil Sumpin is god tier if you can find it where ever you are

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Necc0 has issued a correction as of 17:02 on Feb 20, 2016

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/frankthorpNBC/status/701057035111165958

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

yet o'malley still stands

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Willie Wilson Will Win!

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Willie Wilson may have just swung my vote from write-in Bruce Rappaport.

who is he?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Saurus posted:

Willie Wilson may have just swung my vote from write-in Bruce Rappaport.

who is he?

he is my moon and stars

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Oiled and Ready posted:

The caucus doesn't start till noon.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

yet o'malley still stands

No money for furniture.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Third World Reggin posted:

I have no idea what any of those are

Dumb beer for losers

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
No drugs, no alcohol, no cigarettes. It's so simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Mo_Steel posted:

Willie Wilson Will Win!

• Locked thread