Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I started reading that letter and got to the 3rd paragraph. When I looked at how long it was I decided I would also fire her.

If the CEO is like me, which he probably is, he realized reading the whole letter was more expensive for the company than just firing her and hiring a replacement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FishionMailed posted:

goons are so loving weird; if this wasn't a millennial at a start up in SF but everything else was the same you'd be screaming for the blood of the CEO or some idiot poo poo and talking about how CEOs are hella overpaid given what they actually do

I don't think it is unreasonable to suggest she is paid a living wage at a company that has millions of dollars. If we are talking about a mom n pop restaurant that legit can't afford to pay more that's another thing.

Yea loving right. CEOs have some of the hardest jobs in the world. They have to make huge decisions everyday that affect hundreds of lives at their companies. gently caress you piece of poo poo.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
She should be loving grateful. Her job, along with all her friends and co workers, could be outsourced to India.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
A living wage in san fran is like 70k a year.

Sorry to tell you this, phone monkeys aren't worth that.

Maybe Yelp should move their call center/sales center to Boise or Arlington Heights.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
A bloo bloo, i don't get paid enough money. WHAAAAAA There are literally no jobs out there anymore to live the American Dream. I'll just sit in this starbuck and pout.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

lol why are you blanking out the city? I live in Phoenix, AZ and it's the same salary as your screenshot soooooo....

Don't want dirty goons to know where I am located fam.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Let me go grab a job in Enterprise Sales, seems like a comparable job to the topic at hand.

Cry some more you dirty poor that isn't man enough to make a living.

Go out and get an entry level sales gig, do that for a couple years then graduate to enterprise sales level. Oh deary me, I have to actually work hard to earn a good living!?

A B C. A always, B be, C Closing. Always be closing. ALWAYS BE CLOSING!

You got that you loving faggots!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Usually they only require a bachelor degree. The problem is you'd have to be very personable and outgoing and really sell yourself during the interview.

Yea that is really hard. Being able to hold a conversation without stuttering or giving single word answers. I'm a loving idiot i guess, thinking goons had basic communication skills.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Feb 29, 2016

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

chemosh6969 posted:

Sales takes some skills. You can easily tell who isn't good at it because they get a job as a salesman paid on commission, can't make any sales to anyone other than friends/family, then tells everyone the company is a bunch of scammers.

I'm also referring to real sales where you actually have to put forth some form of effort and not the kind of sales where you work in a cell phone store and the people coming in to buy something are considered your hot lead.

Look, everyone sells. You sell, your mom sells, and a 7 year old kids sells.

You are selling when you convince your GF to go watch Deadpool with you. You are selling when you try to get out of a speeding ticket. That 7/11 clerk is selling when he tells you about 2 cokes for $2. Your nephew is selling when he tells you about his day at school.

We all sell. If you can talk to other people, you can sell.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

runupon cracker posted:

we should all become salespeople, then nobody will be poor and we can all live in paradise!

sounds like Amway

The money's out there. You pick it up, it's yours. You don't, I've got no sympathy for you.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Stocks, bonds, objects of art, real estate. What are they? An opportunity.

To what? To make money? Perhaps.

To lose money? Perhaps.

To 'indulge' and to 'learn' about ourselves? Perhaps. So loving what?

What isn't? They're an opportunity. That's all they are. They're an event.

A guy comes to you, you make a call, you send in a card. 'I have these properties I would like for you to see.' What does it mean? What do you want it to mean.

Do you see what I'm saying? Things happen to you.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

radiatinglines posted:

ok there cheech

Let me have your attention for a moment! 'Cause you're talking about what? You're talking about, bitching about that interview you shot, some son of a bitch don't wanna buy your bullshit degree, somebody don't want what you're selling, some broad you're trying to screw, so forth.

Let's talk about something important, money.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

chemosh6969 posted:

Your Iraqi Dinars are as valuable as your posts.

I made $970,000 last year. How much'd you make? You see, pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing.

Nice guy? I don't give a poo poo. Good father? gently caress you, go home and play with your kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

God I loving love that scene.

"What's my name? gently caress YOU, that's my name!"

We want winners here, not pikers. A piker walks at the bell. A piker asks how much vacation time you get in the first year.

Vacation time? People come and work at this firm for one reason: to become filthy rich. That's it.

We're not here to make friends. We're not savin' the fuckin' manatees here, guys. You want vacation time? Go teach third grade, public school.

• Locked thread