Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

GORDON posted:

tbh I got my BS degree majoring in the maths and science because I found that stuff easy.... to me, english lit was hard.

But there's also no money in it so why would anyone bother outside of a hobby?

i got my ba because education and linguistics are arts

I said come in! posted:

Capitalism is a disaster.

tfw you get paid federal minimum wage and your employer gives you unreliable part time hours so you can't get another job and if they give you less than six in a day, they charge you for parking

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

FrankieGoes posted:

After the next superquake the Bay Area will devolve into a lawless hellhole of looting and rioting, but since Californians aren't allowed to own any decent guns, the nearby residents of Nevada are planning on swooping in and getting all the good stuff/women/etc.

no way i seen plenty of deece guns in norcal, usually resting on the lap of some toothless fifty-year-old grandma sitting on the stoop of a motel behind a mcdonalds

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

WampaLord posted:

gently caress Yelp and their penny pincher ways, but goons have to hate on this girl because she dared to speak up and she didn't make all the perfect decisions.

there's a small difference between making perfect decisions, and moving to one of the most expensive cities in the united states knowing you would be on a minimum wage

it's like the white collar workers who move to hawaii and are surprised when the only jobs available are minimum wage part time service sector garbage and they can't afford to stay

Big City Drinkin posted:

Are you on your phone? It didn't work on mobile for me but I can see it on my laptop.

nope, this album contains 0 images

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Big City Drinkin posted:

The media keeps referring to her as a "tech employee." Her job was to talk on the phone to people who were pissed that a pizza place hosed up their order. Are the janitors at Google in STEM careers now?

a phone is a technology, stop being so modernist

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

White Phosphorus posted:

The same isn't 100% true for STEM because of bullshit paid for article databases.

that's true but in terms of non-research knowledge, you can learn all that online too. poo poo every mathematical formula and physics equation you can think of is on wikipedia with an in-depth history and description, and almost every programming language has a massive online database. you would think that's all you need, but that usually isn't the case in practice

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

I said come in! posted:

What benefit is there for a start up company to operate in San Francisco anyways? Why not somewhere in the midwest or like Arizona, Utah, and Nevada where it's really cheap to live and operate a business?

why in the world would you pick up a few hundred acres in idaho for like a grand and make a sweet rear end tech ranch when you could live in cardiff like doctor who

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i think the problem with that is that they're also a vocal minority. you'd only get hits from an angry audience that shrinks over time as they move on to the next big thing, barring one or two die-hards

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Whatev posted:

people who only have a high school diploma are pretty unbelievably hosed in the U.S. and it's silly to point to a small handful of high paying union jobs that are not remotely accessible to most people as any sort of challenge to that

in the u.s. the really nice state government union jobs are determined by whether or not you're related to the current mayor, or his best friends

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Enderzero posted:

fuckin sales bots lol

they could always go the way of the japanese crane game supermarket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Edgar posted:

I drove to phoenix and it reminds me of Utah but without the stuff.

what stuff? smog? cultists?

:nsa:

• Locked thread