Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
Wow, she seems so surprised and humbled at getting lots of attention on the internet! Who would have thought!

I hope she gets a good job offer but her own tweets are smug, boring and not a fresh voice.

Edit, ok ,found a good tweet where she brags about having big boobs and another one where she begs the internet for a 3k piece of furniture and mentions how "small I am" lololol

This girl's gonna be OK.

Uncle Salty fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
I one hundred percent agree with the posters saying this is a long con, and that this woman has had her next job lined up for a while. She's going to be making unfunny, humblebraggy tweets for xoJane or something soon. She needs our PayPal dollars to tide her over until that first paycheck.
Edit: I also totally agree with the poster above me.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

crabcakes66 posted:

I'm still undecided. She is either a marketing genius or exactly the idiot she appears to be.

She matched with a dude because he worked at twitter and she thought he "could get me verified". A nobody, with 500 followers, getting ready to gently caress another customer service rep in order to get a blue check mark.
Edit: oops, she has 10,000 followers...

Uncle Salty fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 21, 2016

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Hint: She doesn't want budgeting advice, she wants you to donate to her Paypal or the other options on her page to send her money
And she wants a sick payout from her old company.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
Yelp is poo poo, but its user base is Total poo poo. People write grandiose, rambling descriptions of how cool they are, and then give a brunch place a bad review because there was a 30 minute wait on a summer Sunday. I guarantee you this woman has typed out thousands of reviews complaining about how a waiter looked like her high school English teacher or something.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

Internaut! posted:

http://throwaway779999.imgur.com/all/

since this is imgur she can just tweet 'harassment' at them to get it taken down immediately

for kicks send her the link and see how long it takes for this to happen, I would guess 30 minutes tops

Drat, already gone.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

Internaut! posted:

wow imgur is hot loving trash

try this

http://postimg.org/gallery/2bnifwlpu/

Thanks! That stuff looks delicious.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

naem posted:

Why did she not find a roommate? She had a lease, get another broke 20 year old to pay you half the $1200 a month. They can sleep on a bunk bed in the living room

20 years ago I lived in a studio near 6th & Market. The windows looked right into a one bedroom that housed about 12 men, who would sleep in bunks. Every morning around three, when I was coming home because I went out every night, the men would be rising and getting ready to go somewhere to do something. I always wondered: bakery? Dry cleaners? One man would stay behind and scrub the apartment.

Also, even in 1998 it was too expensive for my rear end and I was gone in three years. Awesome city though.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

Panfilo posted:

Re: men in bunks, probably Janitors, Landscapers, or those guys that sell Mexican Street food/palletas.

That apartment probably rents for $3k per month now.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

Das Boo posted:

It somewhat bothers me that I could stream myself eating toast and on merit of being a woman, someone would throw money at me for it.

People are dumb! I would have some admiration for her #hustle if she weren't just sitting on her iPhone, righteously tweeting about how service workers deserve respect. Her own timeline shows complete disdain for both service workers and for customers.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

Larry Parrish posted:

Glad we could make this thread about the brain damaged anime convention roadie, who isn't as retarded as the chick in the OP because ???

That's her, though, right? The chick in the OP is the chick showing off boobs in the shark hood and bragging about how people want feet pix.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

I said come in! posted:

No, the person making mad bank off of showing off her feet for perverts is a goon. Someone else entirely from who the OP is about.

Oh, I get it. I thought that the photo of the woman in the hoodie, musing about how much she coukd make for feet pictures, was in fact this Talia Jane person. But it's another person.

Well, get that money, I guess.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS

radiatinglines posted:

This is just an article she wrote about herself, nobody gives a poo poo

Agreed. I tried to read that response a day or two ago but couldn't get through it. This lady might make a good point for all I know.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
She's closing in on her GFM goal of $3k.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
More anectdata: I am old and female and my career is in a "relationship-y" field. But my undergraduate math degree does get noticed. It's from a (real) liberal arts school though so I consider myself a liberal arts person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
100% agreement with the poster who said that the math undergraduate degree is the autistic stepchild of STEM.

Talia Jane is really laying it on thick about how much media coverage she got this past week. This is totally a long con for publicity and free moneys. I sort of have to hand it to her.

• Locked thread