Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

making memes and tweets is my dream job too, i went to college for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i think she should be given the tweet writing job shes entitled to

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

a career in hangin’ out

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

turns out a high paying job in hangin' out isnt just handed out to everyone with an english lit degree

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im going to get a job at nintendo right out of college and design the next zelda game

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

max4me posted:

Am i wrong for thinking that she should not have been fired for this letter. That she have the freedom speak this and keep her job. Hell maybe the CEO could have responded and took her down a few pegs and told her to get back to work or leave.

she probably violated the company's social media policy by publicly talking poo poo about them online. she'll definitely get her dream job writing tweets now, showing social media savvy like that

a shiny rock fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 20, 2016

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

do they really have a twitter department lol

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Hahahaha read her twitters for a laugh
She's comparing herself to Snowden

https://twitter.com/itsa_talia

do you think snowden ever had to put up with $20 copays?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Hot Jam posted:

Just looking through her twitter pictures over the past couple weeks there are shots of her baking gourmet cupcakes in a well stocked kitchen, drinking not-cheap booze at home, and eating out at restaurants. BUT I HAD TO BUM MONEY FROM THE GUY AT CVS BECAUSE YOU DONT PAY ME ENOUGH AND ALL I EAT IS RICE.

shes a millennial

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

tuyop posted:

Lol this person has the audacity to try to make a meaningful life doing something that she doesn't hate just lol

Like hahaha if you don't have the aptitude or inclination to do work in the increasingly limited number of fields that aren't going to be outsourced or automated in the 5-10 years you should just kill yourself and this is good and cool because I'm getting more scraps as an IT grunt than people who dared to actually think about anything that isn't math or science and lol just lol.

lol if she wants to pursue her dream of making memes and tweets that's fine but she may want to get a roommate first

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

she dumb

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

if she's literally starving she should sign up for food stamps. for someone who wants to be handed things for free she sure isn't very smart about taking advantage of programs already available for that.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

yelp will be sorry in six months when they have to hire someone else to write tweets instead of her

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

minimum wage sucks lets get rid ofit

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Aralan posted:

why how did you say it

he probably said it "nevada" lol

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

http://throwaway779999.imgur.com/all/

:lol: THIS GIRL
All those photos were posted a few weeks ago while she was eating nothing but rice, dust, and tears. Including the 40$ bourbon and steaks.

lol

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

OxMan posted:

I feel like no one in this thread that talks about the bay area has actually lived here the last few years. A room in san jose for 500? Only in the ghetto, and that's IF you're lucky. We live in a 2 bedroom that costs 1450 a month in a neighborhood that has the street blocked off by the police once a week and has practically no insulation and shaking windows every time the wind blows. 250 of those bucks in the last 2 years. I have friends in SF that pay that much for a studio in the tenderloin (hella ghetto for you non cali folk). poo poo has gotten insanely unlivable here, to the point where various grassroots groups are starting to pop up to try and slow down the insane rate rent is going up because everyone is living with their parents in low income housing on food stamps and are still unable to make ends meet. The elderly are expected to live off not even a grand in social security, somehow. My family and myself are actually leaving CA next month because outside of New York basically anywhere else is more reasonable. poo poo is really bad here. Like yeah homegirl is an idiot, but poo poo is still really hosed.

she may have wanted to look into that before moving there for a minimum wage job

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

did she at least do any internships making memes and tweets while she was in school?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Moltke posted:

up until about 15 years ago you could afford to live in the middle of manhattan making low wages like these. failure of the government to adequately regulate rental units is one of the major driving forces behind nyc and san fran becoming unaffordable. i dont think its entitled to want to have a similar standard of living that our parents and forebears had.

no thats entitled

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

FishionMailed posted:

you know I think even making a job offer to people for an amount that is not even close to a livable wage in the area where the job is makes you kinda a fuckboy but offering to out of state people who might not know the real situation in the bay area is even scummier

'she shouldn't have moved' sure alright but she also is a recent college grad who probably got a ton of recruiting smoke blown up her rear end by a questionably ethical company looking to save a few bucks on labor, too.

jobs should pay enough that the person working them can live in or reasonably close to the area the job is located. period. that includes the kitchen workers that have to commute 45 mins to get to their job in a rich area of town, that includes random employees at a start up company with millions in VC funding.

I get when restaurants have to cut labor costs down to the bone; their margins are poo poo to begin with. Imo a tech company with millions paying its employees minimum wage knowing full well it isn't enough to live on is totally unethical regardless of whatever mistakes the employee made to get there. x10 if the CEO is pulling down fat sums of money in a company that isn't even solvent yet (assuming it is running off of VC funding like 90% of other start ups).

I mean jesus I pay people $12-14/hr in North San Diego County and all they have to do is enter invoices and do some light customer service and I promise my company is nowhere near as cash rich as this start up.

They probably assumed she would do what everyone else in the area does and live with roommates.

FishionMailed posted:

fwiw none of those dishes look particularly expensive to make, they are just arranged nicely.

roast chuck and suddenly people are acting like she is eating filet mignon. have you people bought chuck steak lately? it's cheap as gently caress.

No one's mad that she can afford to cook steaks and gourmet cupcakes. It contradicts her letter to the CEO where she wrote multiple paragraphs about how she can only afford to buy a bag of rice.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

FishionMailed posted:

i mean there's plenty of legit criticisms and things to make fun of, calling a chuck roast an 'expensive steak' is just retarded

good job then retard cause i think you're the first person in the thread to call it that

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Crummy bourbon too. Even at my poorest I still buy Weller or EH Taylor because I'm not a filthy bourbon hobo. I could get her a job with my firm and she could work from home and stay in SF for all they care. Not sure how much they start at, but I don't think working is really her goal here.

i think you're right

dumb girl who got fired posted:

Talia is a newly available aspiring comedy writer living in San Francisco who recently left Los Angeles to pursue a career in hangin’ out, maxin’, relaxin’ all cool.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

FishionMailed posted:

same. I read like the first paragraph then skimmed the next few and was like 'wow this just keeps going gently caress it.'

Make fun of her for being an English major then writing that imo, not the specifics of her meal choices

again, no one is making fun of her meal choices, as far as i can tell. people are pointing out that her sob story about not being able to eat anything but rice is made up bullshit.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lol

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

yoloer420 posted:

I've had to sign them when selling businesses. It's so you don't immediately launch a competitor.

that seems reasonable. also the sales one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

if you're a big company like idk American Airlines or something and you're getting thousands of angry tweets from people who had delayed flights i could see managing all that poo poo being someone's full time job

• Locked thread