Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

I said come in! posted:

Does anyone have the image from this saved? It got deleted.

http://thatsalotofrice.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Bobbie Wickham posted:

A STEM degree isn’t necessarily some magic ticket to a six-figure job, though. What’s a Bachelor’s in Math going to get you—a cushy job at the local cosine factory?

Picking on a BS in Math is easy. It's the autism child of STEM. The other degrees have learned to use Math with other skills instead of flipping out and counting toothpicks when someone spills them.

What is the reality is that there's more STEM based jobs than the other. They don't all pay great but you have a better chance of getting a job that isn't minimum wage coffee maker.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Bobbie Wickham posted:

My department's stretched to its limit, and I don't even want to think about how overworked the people in Medicare are going to be as the baby boomers continue aging and living forever.

Stretched to the limit here too. We're at about half of what the feds say we should have as a staff for the size of the population we service but management isn't going to do anything until we get a surprise program review and find out they should have been listening to us when they start getting hit with fines, since you can only do so much when you're understaffed for at least over a decade.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Snatch Duster posted:

Go out and get an entry level sales gig, do that for a couple years then graduate to enterprise sales level. Oh deary me, I have to actually work hard to earn a good living!?

Sales takes some skills. You can easily tell who isn't good at it because they get a job as a salesman paid on commission, can't make any sales to anyone other than friends/family, then tells everyone the company is a bunch of scammers.

I'm also referring to real sales where you actually have to put forth some form of effort and not the kind of sales where you work in a cell phone store and the people coming in to buy something are considered your hot lead.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

etalian posted:

She sold something to me last night for $20 at the local Motel 6.

If it wasn't free, you're paying too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Snatch Duster posted:

Let's talk about something important, money.

Your Iraqi Dinars are as valuable as your posts.

• Locked thread