Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Wait she MOVED to San Fran for a minimum wage job? :psyduck:

Oh my god this fuckin girl

Coming out of college without much more than freelancing and tutoring under my belt, I felt it was fair that I start out working in the customer support section of Yelp/Eat24 before I’d be qualified to transfer to media. Then, after I had moved and got firmly stuck in this apartment with this debt, I was told I’d have to work in support for an entire year before I would be able to move to a different department. A whole year answering calls and talking to customers just for the hope that someday I’d be able to make memes and twitter jokes about food. If you follow me on twitter, which you don’t, you’d know that these are things I already do. But that’s neither here nor there. Let’s get back to the situation at hand, shall we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
The whole 'not having a roommate' is actually the weirdest thing about that whole article to me. A lot of the techies I know up in San Fran are making a comfy six figures and still usually have roommates to try and save up.

Maybe she has one and just didn't mention it, but you would think she would in that whole money ramble.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Moltke posted:

a lot of the techies i know are dumb babbies only valued for their autism who dont know how good they actually have it and their complaining is 10000% more obnoxious than those trapped in a subhuman standard of living

Still, if I was an autist making a cool six figs, I would still have a roomie or two and ride that gravy train to the end of the tracks
I would also not move to the most expensive city in the Unites States for a minimum wage job though so here we are

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
at least it's not nasty rear end cucumber water, she should count herself lucky imo

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
She's probably going to get a surge of pity donations for a short time. She really should probably use the money to move to a less expensive city, find something steady to tide her over for a while, then start working towards a media career tweeting or whatever it is she wants to do.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
imo she should move to Detroit and room with Centripedal Horse

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

FrankieGoes posted:

How many Twitter followers do you have?

pssst I was quoting the girl in the article

I do not really use my twitter account for anything sorry to disappoint :(

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Shaquin posted:

I have really been trying to not get heated and slap fighty in GBS and I hosed that up here. I'm not saying she is deserving of sympathy for her string of ill thought maneuvers but rather that a 20-25 year old should be able to make mistakes and recover from them and the system they are participating in should have the flexibility to allow for that without undergoing a bleak and soul sucking gauntlet. I understand the economic realities of the situation in this country and how they should impact your planning and decisions, but am not apathetic enough to not speak out about how no one should be in this situation in the first place.

she wrote a blog post to a ceo of a company

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
*smiles dreamily*
fiscal responsibility...

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

NESguerilla posted:

I think this person comes off as a huge baby with no sense of personal responsibility, but I have always wondered, what the hell do people who work minimum wage jobs actually do in these comically overpiced cities? I realize they don't live in town, but why commute for an hour to work at McDonalds in SF when they probably have a McDonalds 5 minutes away from where they live?

We just pile them all into bunkbed cages packed six to a supply closet, unlock the door when it's morning, and they have a curfew when they have to get back. And they have to empty their own buckets in the morning or I start marking down penalties.

source: am San Fran landlord

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Hahahaha read her twitters for a laugh
She's comparing herself to Snowden

https://twitter.com/itsa_talia

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
She really wants to live a lifestyle where she can have a place all to herself and bake her gourmet cupcakes and drink bourbon (while complaining that she was living on rice and sorrow), but didn't plan around her actual wages and didn't downgrade her living expectations until she had her dream tweet job.
Like yeah San Fran has a shitload of problems with livable pay wages, but I do not think this girl is really the one you should be hitching that cause to.

Just burn the whole city down with her in it and start fresh imo

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Gazpacho have a heart and open your home to this girl

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Entire families and neighborhoods (especially minorities) have been being displaced by the influx of wealthy visitors to the city and have held numerous protests and sit-ins to try and make their voices heard. More than half the houses on the block might be standing empty for years because of overseas investors, while natives have been pushed further and further to the brink as prices became more and more unlivable.

But this white chick with higher-end tastes might have to make her gourmet cupcakes with a ROOMMATE and I just now have realized how terrible the situation is.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
nobody should ever have to cut expenses

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I like an employee that writes multiple page rantblogs and mails them to me and think those thinly veiled 'I know where you live' bits show real courage! Give that crazy woman a raise and some cupcakes, hell, invite her over to my mansion and I'LL give her the cupcakes!

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Oh also she put a picture of her drinking whiskey at work on her Instagram but deleted it when people started looking through her poo poo :lol:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
http://throwaway779999.imgur.com/all/

:lol: THIS GIRL
All those photos were posted a few weeks ago while she was eating nothing but rice, dust, and tears. Including the 40$ bourbon and steaks.

Hometown Slime Queen fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 21, 2016

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I am all for a living wage in San Fran for everybody but this idiot. Like just take the homeless dudes off the streets and give them houses and money but not this lady

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
San Fran has had wage bloat problems for YEARS, but only when this crybaby white girl who has never held a job before is infuriated that her minimum wage job isn't paying enough for her lovely life choices, do we truly see the extent of the problem.

It's like that guy on DeviantArt who didn't feel that bad for holocaust victims until someone started shopping My Little Ponys into Auschwitz.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Hint: She doesn't want budgeting advice, she wants you to donate to her Paypal or the other options on her page to send her money

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Make sure to include 'I know where you live, would be a shame if something happened to that nice house of yours' type of stuff in your email, people really dig job confidence!

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I am here to make fun of this dumb idiot girl and her stupid rear end gourmet cupcakes which I guess are all made out of rice

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
one tweet = one grain of rice

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
This is a girl who at 24 has never held a job before. This was literally her first job and she HAD to live in of the most expensive cities in the world because her sleepy life in Los Angeles was KILLLLIIIING HEEERRR, GUUUYYSSSS. It's not just San Fran, but if she was in London or Paris or basically any big city that people really want to live in, she would have to get a roommate or two, and budget her living expenses wisely until she can work her way to a better wage.

Like that's not a political statement, that is literally how it's always loving been, everywhere.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
She should move to London and open up a gourmet cereal bar with those insufferable looking bearded dudes

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
The girl is dumb. Yelp is poo poo. Nuke San Francisco.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

WampaLord posted:

A call center can be place literally anywhere, why put it in the most expensive city in America if you are going to pay poo poo wages. Put it Bumfuck, Arizona or wherever that $10/hour is livable.

Well the CEO said they are moving their customer service dept to Phoenix so I guess there is that if you wanna live in Arizona

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I want to live in New Hampshire some day. Is New Hampshit expensive?

I dunno why don't you put on a heater like the rest of the bourgeoisie swine in New Hanshire

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
If this girl started some dumbshit like CupcakeCam maybe she could make some money for when the pity paypal dries up

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
:lol: Someone else made a compilation from her Instagram before she closed it down. Man, look at all that stuff you can make from rice.

http://alotofrice.pixieset.com/thatsalotofrice/

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

FishionMailed posted:

yeah she feels entitled to be able to afford to live in the area that she works what a loving piece of poo poo lol - did you even read the thing she can't afford basic groceries where are you getting this idiot 'oh she wants more frivolous spending money' crap from?

the amount of goon bandwagon 'lol yea gently caress millenials haha' in this thread is amazing. this company has millions and it pays its college degree employees less than I'd expect to get as a literal dishwasher.

no it's literally just that this girl is retarded as gently caress and did everything wrong from the moment she was born

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
hahaha I read something on the internet a while ago that said Americans are just 'temporarily embarrassed millionaires',! God that's so accurate.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

FishionMailed posted:

goons are so loving weird; if this wasn't a millennial at a start up in SF but everything else was the same you'd be screaming for the blood of the CEO or some idiot poo poo and talking about how CEOs are hella overpaid given what they actually do

I don't think it is unreasonable to suggest she is paid a living wage at a company that has millions of dollars. If we are talking about a mom n pop restaurant that legit can't afford to pay more that's another thing.

dude she's not gonna give you her cupcakes don't even bother

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
wow you are really deadset on people not making fun of this idiot girl on the internet

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I still think this girl should move to Detroit and live with Centripedal Horse. She can make him gourmet cupcakes while he gets drunk off her bourbon delivered to work.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
She wrote multiple paragraphs about she was living on basically nothing but rice in this rambling blog to the CEO of her company, and then her Instagram shows her hobbies are literally making gourmet cupcakes and baking, going out to eat, and basically every pampered west coast girl hobby in existence. It's p funny.

She's just another idiot who failed at living in a big city and complained about it every step of the way and just wants pity donations on the internet.

Like if you wanna start a conversation about big city wages, there's always D&D. There are numerous San Francisco natives who are struggling and need real help and have NO family ties or financial throwbacks and deserve real consideration.

This girl is not one of them.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
If I wrote a scathing crazylady letter to my CEO that included 'I know where you live' I would be thrown out on my rear end with security on both sides. I do not believe this to be unique to Yelp's situation despite them being a lovely protection racket company.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
You knew that getting fired was a possibility. What was the best possible scenario you imagined would come from your letter?
At first, when I wrote it, I thought maybe he’ll see it and send me an email or something, or someone would talk to me and say, “Take that down and let’s talk about it.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
She's in San Francisco anyway, so the ghosts there would just be like a confused old hippy or a gay ghost who writes 'CLEAN UP IN HERE' on her bathroom mirror when she's turned away

• Locked thread