Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

DrBouvenstein posted:

For some reason, drugs and Tide theft/scams go hand in hand in a lot of areas. Like, straight-up trading stolen Tide for drugs sometimes. Though if your dealer is a whiny baby who insists on bring paid in cash, you can attempt to return the Tide, but that's risky since they might have you on camera stealing it in the first place, so you got to do the ol' Tide switcheroo.

Buy Tide and the cheapest, most generic detergent there is, like Xtra or Purex. Dump the Tide into an empty container, dump the Purex into the Tide container, then return the "Tide" for profit. Only like $8 or $10 profit, but do it a few times at a few different stores and even after subtracting gas money or bus fair you can make enough for a few days worth of your drug of choice easily.

Wait, I'm missing something here, why does everyone want Tide? And that scam nets you negative cash, but positive Tide, but in the wrong container.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Eien Ni Hen posted:

Another common, really lovely scam is people posing as attendants at paid parking lots. The "attendant" takes your money, and then your car gets ticketed or towed because you technically didn't pay to park. Someone tried this scam on me a few years ago, and it was kind of unnerving. The dude looked shady as hell, and started screaming at me when I went to put money in the lock box, saying that I had to give it to him instead, that he would call the cops, get my car towed, etc. He kept at it too, even after I straight up refused to give him money. I found out later that my dad fell for the same scam back in the 90s when he worked in downtown Dallas.

My dad and I always parked in the same free lot before college football games. One day there was a homeless guy in a folding chair at the entrance offering to "watch our car" for $5. My dad paid him the $5 because A) It was cheaper than parking anywhere else and B) We were pretty sure he'd key it/smash a window/etc if we didn't. It was the only time he showed up.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

bird with big dick posted:

No, the white van speaker scam is not selling speakers they stole, lying about that is part of the scam. They’re not stolen or leftover from an install or found on the side of the road, they’re $20 Chinese garbage that they say retails for $3000 but they’ll sell them to you today for $200.

Exactly. If they stole expensive speakers they’d sell them as expensive speakers for just below expensive speaker prices.