Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here's a tiny hitbox for ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
UNIEL is a game with big hitboxes

play UNIEL

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
(Bronze salt mine denizen here)

I actually got a lot of time to play over the weekend and branched out into a few new chars: M.Bison (dictator) and Karin. Anyone have any super newb tips for either one? or youtubes?

For Bison I'm mostly just working hard to confirm a standing mp into combo and tossing hp's when I can. And of course the ol dash in throw. I think I'm doing well with the head stomp moves, but my execution on leg scissors is poo poo. I have no idea what the handball and floor flame things are for other than the flames finishing combos. I get majorly hosed up by jump ins and on my own wake up. Cr.hp seems the obvious anti-air but it feels like it gets killed by everything. I have zero idea what to do for wakeup, is there some EX move like Karins windmill arms jump that transforms into a reversal?

Playing Karin after Laura, FANG, and Bison is weird as hell and makes me wonder wtf I'm doing torturing myself with other chars. I had some of my best games all weekend just abusing the poo poo out of everything connected to mk. I don't think I understand the utility of her qcf+k moves and kept forgetting to use her V-skill.

What's the quick flowcharty versions of these two? On first glance Bison is big damage offense and Karin is crazy rushdown.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 1, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

play me more.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

somebody went in and pulled out all the scrapped stage transition animations for all the stages in the game. capcom did a lot of work but its all unfinished and weird looking. what a waste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Eni1nwa0qA

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

somebody went in and pulled out all the scrapped stage transition animations for all the stages in the game. capcom did a lot of work but its all unfinished and weird looking. what a waste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Eni1nwa0qA

Looks like your standard SFV quality content.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

I was only able to get on after 1 am both days but I want to :( I've been clowning Cammy's since we played last.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

darealkooky posted:

dunno if you can compare a mugen hackjob and actual games with big hitboxes

im using the mugen jank as an extreme example to illustrate why the hitboxes in sfv are crummy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I was only able to get on after 1 am both days but I want to :( I've been clowning Cammy's since we played last.

bisonlaugh.gif

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
God the Kanzukis are so rich they even have an infinite black void room in their estate.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

someone gif the part of dhalsim's stage where unconscious ken bounces off of invisible sonic bounce pads

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
http://i.imgur.com/gtkgrWB.gifv

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

(Bronze salt mine denizen here)

I actually got a lot of time to play over the weekend and branched out into a few new chars: M.Bison (dictator) and Karin. Anyone have any super newb tips for either one? or youtubes?

For Bison I'm mostly just working hard to confirm a standing mp into combo and tossing hp's when I can. And of course the ol dash in throw. I think I'm doing well with the head stomp moves, but my execution on leg scissors is poo poo. I have no idea what the handball and floor flame things are for other than the flames finishing combos. I get majorly hosed up by jump ins and on my own wake up. Cr.hp seems the obvious anti-air but it feels like it gets killed by everything. I have zero idea what to do for wakeup, is there some EX move like Karins windmill arms jump that transforms into a reversal?

Playing Karin after Laura, FANG, and Bison is weird as hell and makes me wonder wtf I'm doing torturing myself with other chars. I had some of my best games all weekend just abusing the poo poo out of everything connected to mk. I don't think I understand the utility of her qcf+k moves and kept forgetting to use her V-skill.

What's the quick flowcharty versions of these two? On first glance Bison is big damage offense and Karin is crazy rushdown.

A good Karin bnb is learning to link mp into qcfK plink x2. There's a frame perfect version that does more damage and makes the opponent go higher, if you can pull off the first one you do some good follow ups depending on meter and situation (ex kicks, skill for mucho pushback, ex DP etc). She's a fun character even though she's half finished and her qcbP special is completely worthless

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

so good.

also i just heard about this 23 year old cammy obsession site from a youtube i was watching
http://cammyfan.com/

guy is dangerously into cammy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

so good.

also i just heard about this 23 year old cammy obsession site from a youtube i was watching

I miss the website style of one insane person making an ecncylopedia about one thing

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Man think about how awesome this game could have been if capcom gave 2 shits about it and everything wasn't half baked. Whenever I think about booting it up, I can't and I just play one of the many games made by companies that actually care about the products they make.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

click on the cammy info section its like looking at a 1000 year old living termite colony

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Rurouni Cammy
One of Cammy's most important features is the scar on her left cheek. What gave Cammy's creator the idea to give a beautiful young girl a scar like that? My best guess is that it was inspired by Rurouni Kenshin, who is also known for having a big scar on his left cheek. And like Cammy, Kenshin is a former heartless assassin who's trying to find a new path in life. The Ruroni Kenshin manga had just started a little before Cammy was created, so it's quite possible that somebody at Capcom was reading and being inspired by it..

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

This is a unique fanfic where Street Fighter crosses over with Dragon Ball! It's an idea that may seem strange at first, but it works just fine. And even if you don't know much about Dragon Ball (like me), you should have no trouble understanding what's going on. Basically, it's a story about Cammy butting heads with a similarly stubborn elf-girl named Ryven. Also involved are Piccolo, Juni & Juli.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Goku is pretty much a stronger, dumber version of Ryu.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Real hurthling! posted:

so good.

did james chen make it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
JuriFan.com is available and I'm going to fill it with hundreds of pictures of Jolyne

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Real hurthling! posted:

The fan art on that site would make great SA avatar art for people who care about Cammy, of whom I am not.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 1, 2016

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

In Training posted:

A good Karin bnb is learning to link mp into qcfK plink x2. There's a frame perfect version that does more damage and makes the opponent go higher, if you can pull off the first one you do some good follow ups depending on meter and situation (ex kicks, skill for mucho pushback, ex DP etc). She's a fun character even though she's half finished and her qcbP special is completely worthless

Thanks!

What's up with the qcbP? I love getting in with it or switching back and forth between the sweep follow up and the qcb mk kicks, but I'm also playing other trash people so that might be it.

When should I be looking to use the v-skill? getting closer from range and anti poking??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Thanks!

What's up with the qcbP? I love getting in with it or switching back and forth between the sweep follow up and the qcb mk kicks, but I'm also playing other trash people so that might be it.

When should I be looking to use the v-skill? getting closer from range and anti poking??

All the links can be interrupted with jab so if you ever see a Karin use it just hit jab and it stuff every version of it. It won't work outside of bronze probably

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Thanks!

It is usually way safer to try to get in using the qcfK ->cP. I only really only use qcbP when I know the guy is throwing a fireball and I am too far to jump at him or if I think the normal stuff is being read too hard. Confirming into qcfK plink punch should be what you focus on since it sets up her big damage stuff. You can CA off of it, qcb k, tenko again, v-skill, trigger into crazy poo poo, etc.

The v-skill is mainly for poking from range. The slight timing delay really fucks with people who assume you are done with your button and want to hit one of their own. Her v-trigger kind of sucks in most situations but is a good option in crush counters and poo poo. I usually use her v gauge for her reversal, which is really loving good.

Karin is probably the most fun character and everyone should play her.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

me

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Love Stole the Day posted:

The fan art on that site would make great SA avatar art for people who care about Cammy, of whom I am not.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Like most character her v trigger rekkas should just be a special she always has because it's really nothing crazy dangerous.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Somebody should make the Project M of SFV to turn it into something more ridiculous.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I have a day job, I just want to come home and hit people online. SFV has issues but it ticks the boxes I need it too. And until tekken comes out there won't be a game that can replace it on PC.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

anime was right posted:

if you're wondering this is why capcom hitboxes are so small now, they seem terrified of anything that looks like this happening fsr. obviously an extreme example but ppl get up in arms about glitchiness.

somehow though, feet have always intersected with people and not hit all the way back to sf2.

https://twitter.com/DNOpls/status/743747225298186240

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I'm gonna try to go real hard at tekken cause it looks epic as gently caress but i don't know poo poo about tekken

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The only thing I know about Tekken is that Bob has my favorite fighting game backstory of all time. He was a martial artist that decided being bigger is better so he ate a bunch of food and became a giant fatass.

Honestly that should be like the default goon favorite.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i wasted my youth spamming wind up punch on the kangaroo instead of learning how to play

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i knew few people who were willing to actually learn street fighter

so you can probably infer from that how deeply any of them got into tekken

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna try Tekken too because I like to be competent at games with people I can play with

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I'm gonna try Tekken too because I like to be competent at games with people I can play with

:yeah:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I plan on getting Tekken 7 for PC too :shobon: Is there a general consensus on kof14? Are people excited about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

i wasted my youth spamming wind up punch on the kangaroo instead of learning how to play