Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
It's a poo poo game but my buddy is running a west cost only online tournament so feel free to join up.

Checkin is at 7:45 fights start at 8pm PST, sign up asap

http://challonge.com/SiberianExpress8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Enkmar posted:

It's a poo poo game but my buddy is running a west cost only online tournament so feel free to join up.

Checkin is at 7:45 fights start at 8pm PST, sign up asap

http://challonge.com/SiberianExpress8

I keep seeing these at the last minute and really want to join, but can't make the deadline :smith:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I see them but dont live on the west coast

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Will this be on twitch? I'd love to watch at least

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
CFN is just a sea of Uriens right now like 6 out of my last 7 matches make it stop

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
And like one in ten uses nude mode. Disgraceful.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Put in some good rounds last night with dropouts from that tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGLpGRL_u4Y&t=943s

Once he got a feel for my gameplay, I got rolled, and it wasn't as pretty.

*jab the jump-in > command grab*

Illuminado fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 26, 2016

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

JustJeff88 posted:

Would anyone like a 50% coupon for the digital PS4 version of SFV? I'm crap at fighting games, don't like to play with other people and honestly prefer Alpha 3 and 4 Ultra.

Could I get this if it's still available? Just bought a ps4 today and figured I'd throw away more money by having it on there too.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

the Gaffe posted:

Could I get this if it's still available? Just bought a ps4 today and figured I'd throw away more money by having it on there too.

Glad to - it expires at the end of September. It's on my desk at home, but I will send it to you tonight.

I just bought Ultra IV and I like that more. Having 44 characters gives a lot more playability for people like me who prefer single-player, even if I do always get my arse handed to me by Seth.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
http://challonge.com/SiberianExpress9/

Here is the tournament for next Sunday night, you can sign up right now!

It's west coast only, check in Sunday at 7:45pm PST, fights start at 8pm

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
gently caress the west coast

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

It's supposed to be straight in the system32 folder. If it's not there then maybe you haven't started the game while it was installing the malware?
They stopped installing it after like 12 hours or so.

So if I downloaded the update but didn't run the game do I still need to seek out the file and delete it, or has another subsequent update removed it?

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

FanaticalMilk posted:

So if I downloaded the update but didn't run the game do I still need to seek out the file and delete it, or has another subsequent update removed it?

No. You had to launch the game while the bad update was in place, agree to letting it run as administrator, and then further agree to the system prompt that would have come up when it tried to install the driver on your computer. If Steam could randomly dump crap in your system32 folder and install drivers for you it would be an even bigger security risk than Capcom's bonebrained update.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

pokecapn posted:

No. You had to launch the game while the bad update was in place, agree to letting it run as administrator, and then further agree to the system prompt that would have come up when it tried to install the driver on your computer. If Steam could randomly dump crap in your system32 folder and install drivers for you it would be an even bigger security risk than Capcom's bonebrained update.

Okay, cool, thanks!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

as of the september update survival mode is experiencing a bug that often fails to give rewards for completing it at difficulties above easy.

how anyone found this out now that you can buy the rewards and skip the poo poo mode i have no idea but someone did.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Someone has more time than money probably.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I made a new account called EUROPE-<name> and game-shared my ps4 copy of SFV to it in the hope that my lobby experience would improve. I still get Americans joining non-stop and readying up. I hate Americans so fuckin much why can so many of you not understand basic geography or things like latency or the garbage-rear end rollback that SFV uses.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Japanese players are pro at this, they will kick you before you even loaded the lobby menu if your flag isn't white with a big red dot in the middle.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I made a new account called EUROPE-<name> and game-shared my ps4 copy of SFV to it in the hope that my lobby experience would improve. I still get Americans joining non-stop and readying up. I hate Americans so fuckin much why can so many of you not understand basic geography or things like latency or the garbage-rear end rollback that SFV uses.
looks like i was right that people that want region lock are just racist xenophobes. there is only one human race dude. tell me, where exactly do you see the borders on this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
he voted brexit

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

lol if you aren't a world warrior

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zand posted:

looks like i was right that people that want region lock are just racist xenophobes. there is only one human race dude. tell me, where exactly do you see the borders on this?

In 1960 I saw a vision of the ideal future from space. Three years earlier the Soviet Union had succeeded in launching Sputnik, the first manmade satellite in history, into orbit. This came as a huge shock to the United States. In response, America threw everything it had into its own manned space flight project, the Mercury project. Even as the Soviets seemed poised to send their first man into space America was still experimenting with chimpanzees in rockets. The government wanted human data. So they secretly decided to send a human being into space. I was the one they chose. At the time they didn't have the technology to block out cosmic rays and whoever they sent up would inevitably be exposed to heavy radiation. That's why they chose me. After all, I had already been irradiated once. Of course, you won't find any of this in the history books. I could see the planet as it appeared form space. That's when it finally hit me. Space exploration is nothing but another game in the power struggle between the US and USSR. Politics, economics, the arms race - they're all just arenas for meaningless competition. I'm sure you can see that. But the Earth itself has no boundaries. No East, No West, No Cold War. And the irony of it is, the United States and the Soviet Union are spending billions on their space programs and the missile race only to arrive at the same conclusion. In the 21st century everyone will be able to see that we are all just inhabitants of a little celestial body called Earth. A world without communism and capitalism... that is the world I wanted to see. But reality continued to betray me.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Jack Trades posted:

In 1960 I saw a vision of the ideal future from space. Three years earlier the Soviet Union had succeeded in launching Sputnik, the first manmade satellite in history, into orbit. This came as a huge shock to the United States. In response, America threw everything it had into its own manned space flight project, the Mercury project. Even as the Soviets seemed poised to send their first man into space America was still experimenting with chimpanzees in rockets. The government wanted human data. So they secretly decided to send a human being into space. I was the one they chose. At the time they didn't have the technology to block out cosmic rays and whoever they sent up would inevitably be exposed to heavy radiation. That's why they chose me. After all, I had already been irradiated once. Of course, you won't find any of this in the history books. I could see the planet as it appeared form space. That's when it finally hit me. Space exploration is nothing but another game in the power struggle between the US and USSR. Politics, economics, the arms race - they're all just arenas for meaningless competition. I'm sure you can see that. But the Earth itself has no boundaries. No East, No West, No Cold War. And the irony of it is, the United States and the Soviet Union are spending billions on their space programs and the missile race only to arrive at the same conclusion. In the 21st century everyone will be able to see that we are all just inhabitants of a little celestial body called Earth. A world without communism and capitalism... that is the world I wanted to see. But reality continued to betray me.

I was taken from the battle, neither truly alive, nor truly dead, an undying shadow, in a world of lights.

Fighting was the only thing... the ONLY thing I was ever good at... but at least I always fought for what I believed in

I can't believe I didn't make that connection sooner...

Illuminado fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 27, 2016

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I played this game again for the first time in months over the last few months and by golly, it almost feels like a complete game now and not a half-finished beta

It's been like what, a year?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Illuminado posted:

I can't believe I didn't make that connection sooner...

You know what the other big connection is? Both game series are hosed to death.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Jack Trades posted:

You know what the other big connection is? Both game series are hosed to death.

Nuh uh, you're wrong, so wrong. Snake's coming back , and it's going to be great, with cool robots... and... and he's going to be my friend.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

its because the lobby system is so slow at loading all the connection info that you end up clicking the first person with 1/2 lobby size who is in gold+ if you want to ever find a game

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

That isn't really a problem, it's that they ready up. It's taken for granted that everyone has had to just join random lobbies to check the flag, but you leave when you aren't on the same continent.

For some reason, the rare Australian flag that joins my lobbies always ready up without fail. They did that in SF4 as well. I readied up just to see what they did once, they played the game like it was a real match. The rollback was really crazy.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/CapcomFighters/status/780929525328728065

gonna get tickets.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

capcom cup logo is begging for a cc

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Gammatron 64 posted:

I played this game again for the first time in months over the last few months and by golly, it almost feels like a complete game now and not a half-finished beta

It's been like what, a year?

As much as I like to own this game, because goddamn it's really easy, I had fun playing as my friend Urien yesterday, and I was surprised by stage transitions for obvious reasons. I feel like I have a complete game now.

THAT SAID, said complete game came at a way higher price point than it should. The game should have launched as is, with all the DLC characters and stages all there. Revelator and KOF XIV have so much more content, and SFV, supposedly the industry leader, gives the absolute bare minimum, at full price.

By the way, apparently the input lag was reduced to 6.5 frames. What even is a half frame?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cloofish posted:

What even is a half frame?

8+ ms

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Minimum viable product.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that Sean Payton should be fired.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 28, 2016

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

cloofish posted:

By the way, apparently the input lag was reduced to 6.5 frames. What even is a half frame?

It means they did the test say 10 times and 5 times the input lag was 6 frames and 5 times it was 7 frames. It's absolutely meaningless to convey it like that, because variables mean every game will inherently fall in between two whole numbers and with a large enough data set average out to "x and a half" frames.

The biggest result is the only one that matters.

SF5 has 7 frames of input lag.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

It means they did the test say 10 times and 5 times the input lag was 6 frames and 5 times it was 7 frames. It's absolutely meaningless to convey it like that, because variables mean every game will inherently fall in between two whole numbers and with a large enough data set average out to "x and a half" frames.

The biggest result is the only one that matters.

SF5 has 7 frames of input lag.

Oh ok, that makes sense thanks.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

capcom hacked my poo poo and stole money from my bank account with my paypal and cancelled all my ebay auctions and deleted my facebook.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Progress Report against Alex rear end in a top hat:-

I managed today to get him to almost lose on the second round with Ryu, now I can at least win one round against him, he still murders me, but I am now actually making some form of progress against him. I can see the end of the tunnel, but he's still way ahead practice wise. his time will come soon.

Thanks thread! will report back once I've bested him.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

Progress Report against Alex rear end in a top hat:-

I managed today to get him to almost lose on the second round with Ryu, now I can at least win one round against him, he still murders me, but I am now actually making some form of progress against him. I can see the end of the tunnel, but he's still way ahead practice wise. his time will come soon.

Thanks thread! will report back once I've bested him.
i like you.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

cams posted:

sorry, i meant the guy named mrapples who would hang out in the discord. if i am getting the name right, he played gief and is by far the best goon sfv player i rolled with.

This is from 20 pages ago, but I rarely check this thread sooo...
1) the dude you're talking about is Mr. Rascal (my nigga, what up dude, I'm taking a very long vacation let's play some turf masters this weekend) and he is just generally very smart and good at fighting games.
2) Mr rascal despises sfv
3) you're pretty good at fighting games so I can respect that but bebop would loving ruin you.

Also lol @ all this malware poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Boy howdy am I glad my poo poo PC can't run this game lol

cloofish posted:

As much as I like to own this game, because goddamn it's really easy, I had fun playing as my friend Urien yesterday, and I was surprised by stage transitions for obvious reasons. I feel like I have a complete game now.

THAT SAID, said complete game came at a way higher price point than it should. The game should have launched as is, with all the DLC characters and stages all there. Revelator and KOF XIV have so much more content, and SFV, supposedly the industry leader, gives the absolute bare minimum, at full price.

Yeah, my roomie will actually play SFV now that Urien is in it and we had a hootin' hollerin' time

Also yeah, how the hell do you have half a frame?