Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
If your input buffer is decently long then having a higher default input lag doesn't really affect situations where you're just doing sequences of things, at least. i.e. combos, blockstrings, or inputting lots of movement as is common in 3d games. Still really sucks for reacting to stuff though.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Has ANYone from Capcom ever, EVER acknowledged the problem with the way rollback synchronization works in SF5?

edit: for clarity

Trykt fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 25, 2017

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Jmcrofts posted:

bring this back

no don't,

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Ryu fierce DP is invincible only vs. male character kick attacks. New hit animation where he punches them in the crotch and they do a special fall over stun animation.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Ky seemed really "guess this is my life now" about it, I figured he would be more upset

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Count Bleck posted:

The Ryu one alone makes me want to play Ryu.

And I hate Ryu.

:stare:

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

trykt whats your opinion on new ryu costume

:ccb:

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Thanks, Jose!

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
I want to mainswitch to a character that does well by moving forward a lot and pressing Good Buttons and committing meter (either kind) when they see a hit, what's the best char for that? Karin? Balrog? Nash? Kolin? That's basically my list so far.

edit: Bonus points if their v-skill functions in blockstrings or as a poke

Trykt fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 15, 2017

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Cammy's probably the right choice since I also prefer to have a Real DP, plus I already have a significant amount of lab time with her from season 1.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
The Chun one is actually my favorite but yeah, those all look real good.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Simulacra posted:

Like I needed more reason to dislike gootecks

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
That's the pic from the top result if you google him, that's literally what he paid his SEO people to have you intentionally find.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
I agree with separating the art from the artist but I also think it's 100% fine to choose not to consume from a source you find abhorrent for any reason. I fuckin love Orson Scott Card books but that dude is a lovely loving loony toon and don't begrudge anyone that avoids his works because of it.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

sharrrk posted:

44 days until Tekken 7!!! w00t!!

Give this man a gold star

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Genuinely interesting commentary on how SF5 plays, a good post.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Jack Trades posted:

gently caress me running for posting on-topic content.
I guess I should instead do like everyone else and discuss Reddit, DoA and political leanings of YouTube personalities instead, huh?

I don't know how to tell you this, so I'll just say it:

I was being completely sincere with my post. Calm it the gently caress down.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
http://i.imgur.com/BmTRZU8.gifv

What a good fuckin game

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Finally coming back to this game lately since they've addressed (not fixed, but at least improved) the vast majority of issues I've had with the game since launch. Not too many people in the main FG discord interested in playing sets of this lately, is there still an SFV-centric goon discord for this or just anybody wanna pop in to the Goonsgarden discord and play some sets with me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
There's a few people that play SFV (including myself) in the main FG discord now, I'll post an invite link here for convenience

https://discord.gg/tp2qqV

I'm an SF4 refugee that was very disappointed in 5 when it came out but I agree with the assessment that the game has come around to be "okay" at this point and I enjoy playing it now.