Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Oh yeah here's the trailer links too for anyone curious.

The arcade edition trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l4mux-seHI

And the Sakura reveal trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WABWyJ45XCo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2017/12/14/sfv-arcade-edition-extra-battle-mode-details-and-changes-in-earning-fight-money

What's that Capcom, you're making changes to the fight money system?

Capcom posted:

Beginning January 16, modes that offered one-time finite batches of Fight Money will no longer do so. This includes Character Stories, the General Story (A Shadow Falls), Trials, Survival, and Demonstrations – if you haven’t completed these modes yet, there’s still a few weeks left to do so before the changes occur in January!

Hahah, no more fight money for completing anything outside of weekly challenges, leveling up your characters, or completing the "Extra Battle" mode challenges that reward it. Oh and the extra battle mode? Costs 2500 fight money per attempt.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

So if I have the vanilla game but have never bought any characters, will I get any of the season 1 or 2 characters for free since I paid $60 for the game on launch? Or do I have to pay still if I want to get any?

Search your heart for the answer~~

Really I don't think they've said, but I'm going to guess you're not going to get any of the characters in the update. You'd think they'd be yelling about that from the rooftops if it would be anything else.

It would be nice if they at least offered a discounted upgrade package, kind of like the Rev->Rev2 thing.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Partial Octopus posted:

It's probably too soon to ask this, but have they made the normals in AE any less stubby?

I mean, they increased the range on Ryu's cmk at least apparently?

https://twitter.com/jav1ts/status/952642674909220866?s=09

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Pomp posted:

Hold up they still had crush counters in the game that actually makes your reward worse 3 years later?

They actually changed the scaling in general so that crush counters would scale more heavily then regular hits in.. I wanna say S3 patch? They also made a few crush counter buttons be the kind that knocks back so that you couldn't actually link anything after them.

The change they're making in S4 to make punishing invincible reversals give a 1.2x damage bonus really seems like what they intended crush counters to be without the neutral implications of random crush counters, so I'm not really sure what they're intending at this point?

I wonder if these buffs are enough to make Sakura or Falke actually playable now rather than the worst characters. Sakura is still going to have the absolute worst smp in the game though.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

are the second vskills out now?

Yep, they're kind of hit and miss though.

Menat got Rose's drill, but even if you hit at the very tip you're still negative 7, it's nice to be able to confirm to a knockdown at longer range though without meter.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Dias posted:

https://twitter.com/Filipinoman/status/1206707093924794368

I can continue to ignore SF5 then. Also Rashid is now Nanase?

Yeah it's pretty much trash outside of the one specific scenario of a medium range cmp or something.

Just like vtrigger 2 there's really no reason to use it

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

LeninVS posted:

I tried to get back into this game last night/today

The game runs like dogcrap on my computer.
I have a Nvidia 1080 and i7 8700k. Normally I run every game in 3440x1440 ultra graphics no problem

I get stuttering FPS even on medium graphics.between 30-,60fps
I tried playing with some Nvidia settings, but I couldn't get it to work well.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thinking of just playing another game at this point.

It bad, I've got the same problem with a 2080 ti no less. It's not even during the round that's slow, it's the splash screens between matches of all things

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I like Menat/Kolin's designs (Kolin's alt with the scarf is better than her default though) and new Seth

Both Menat and Kolin have real good designs. Hopefully they survive to show up in a better game as well.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I'd play more, but they sort of nerfed everything I liked about Ibuki wrt setups since she can't do real setups on block and the Bomb is still kinda useless.

I haven't found another character I really enjoy playing like I did her. I like Menat but I'm poo poo awful at VT1 combos and without those she's really not that threatening.

Maybe I'll try Seth? They look really fun.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Astrochicken posted:

I've been playing for a month or so. Menat is wicked fun, even if i haven't learned a gently caress-your-poo poo-up-punish combo yet. Her normals and specials rule.

I absolutely love playing menat, but I've never been able to get more than 8 or so hits out of a VT1 combo, and I feel like she really, really needs her VT combos to succeed as you move up the ranks.

I'm also just completely not patient enough to deal with zoning out people I feel like!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

I made Super Bronze last night!
Six times. And then fell back into Bronze again at the end of the night. :v:

Feels like a universal constant that my first match after getting Super Bronze is a wifi warrior or someone about to throw my lifeless body aside to rank up into Silver. Ah well, I'll get there in time.

Some good games though, and definitely some learning progress - learning how to punish Karin's Rassenha over the course of three match ups against a player I kept running into until I could consistently take sets from them was satisfying. Also getting owned by a Ryu who did nothing but a jump in combo over and over before matching with him again and consistently tiger uppercutting every single jump-in. We then rematched and he did....exactly the same thing again as I tiger uppercutted him into oblivion.

Working on st. MP, cr. MP xx Tiger Uppercut as a starting combo for Sagat - struggling to get crouching DPs motions off consistently with a pad though so definitely something I need to keep drilling in training to get in to my muscle memory.

Also getting one hell of a thumb callous going.

Nice job!

There's actually a trick to crouching DP combos like that, you don't have to input a complete DP motion after pressing crMP

So, for example, you could do this:

Forward + st MP, down + crMP, down-forward + HP or whatever and you'd still get the DP at the end. Basically you hit the down portion of the motion at the same time as your cr MP. It's also the secret to doing a standing normal in a combo with a down up charge move!

Depending on how long the buttons are, you might have to input forward AFTER st MP but before your crMP, but it's the same idea