Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
What's the best way to "hang around" when I'm on, on the off chance someone wants to play? The general FG discord in the OP of that main thread?

Edit: I see a game specific discord in this OP, but I dunno how busy it is.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Characters have invincible rising moves to punish aggression, right? Like Ryu's DP? Does Cody have anything like that? Is that what his Bad Spray sand throw is for? Or does he have another tool I should be using there?

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 20, 2020

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm LP 750ish, maybe we could play sometime? I'm brand new to FGC but I'm having a good time.

I did want to ask, it seems like, if I block a DP or some other attack that end with the enemy coming down in the air, I can't perform Cody's Final Combination while they're in the air? If I throw the first light punch they'll get hit by that but not the rest? Do I have that right?

Relatedly, should I be able to wait for them to land and then do Final Combination, or am I relying on my enemy to make a mistake there? I have some success doing that but I don't know if it's just my opponent being bad.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
drat, I'm in the USA; I'm guessing online play between AU and US isn't really going to work? Well, good luck in your matches though.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'll have to build the habit of hopping in the discord, yeah.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Was fun as hell playing against goons last night; not trying to talk myself up but the bronze rank is full of dumb as bricks opponents I breeze through whereas the bronze players in last nights lounge blew my poo poo up, which is fantastic. I'm charging my controller batteries now (and buying some more on the way home) and I'm gonna get on again tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh my god, thank you!

I'm digging in now and will hop in that New Challenger discord later; I plan on spending a lot of time on SFV Memorial day weekend.