Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

A.o.D. posted:

This patch won't make Guile bad.

not bad but certainly a lot worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zand posted:

please someone defend this if possible or post someone else defending it

actually it's good

jk i got nothing

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I mean, he did go 6-1 in his eleague qualifier...

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ed trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXnXrHiR4Cs

blog post:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2017/05/08/the-young-commander-ed-joins-street-fighter-v

He's Terry Bogard

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I heard you can't even tech throws

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

youd for i posted:

JMCrofts your road to gold YouTube videos are cool and good. Hope you keep them going.

Thanks man, the road to platinum will begin once the Injustice and Tekken zeitgeists end

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Night Blade posted:

I should hope people wouldn't come back to this tire fire of a game.

Then sorry I guess?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So the coach is gonna be Gootecks right?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

teagone posted:

:sigh: Captain Marvel looks really good at least.

To me it seems really likely that for all the chars returning from mvc3, they used their mvc3 models as a baseline and had some contractors add detail to try to make them ps4-quality. And obviously they did a lovely job. Whereas the brand new characters they made from scratch, which is why they actually look good. Thanos especially looks a lot better than basically every returning character IMO.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

was vanilla 4 lame?

i only got into fighters when xrd -sign- launched. usf4 is so much better than 5 its not funny.

Vanilla 4 sucked

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sharrrk posted:

i think about this too. i'm still holding out hope for a namco developed tekken x street fighter and i really dont want the bad changes made to characters in sfv to muck it up, especially juri.

T7 akuma is literally SF4 akuma so I wouldn't worry too much

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

apple posted:

I feel kinda bad for the people who worked on giving Abigail personality because he seems like a fun and goofy addition but Capcom refuses to fix netcode as well as a bunch of other problems with the game. Netcode in particular is the biggest dealbreaker for me because I'm very reliant on online play for practice.

This talk on GGPO and how you properly implement rollback netcode is super interesting if you're into that kinda thing, but the timestamp talks specifically about a key feature in rollback netcode that SFV apparently lacks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9JTIn1SVQ4&t=1896s

Good netcode is not an unicorn, you just have to give a drat about your players (KI and Injustice 2 notably use GGPO and from what I've heard players are generally happy about it).

He says in that video that GGPO has never been in a capcom game, I thought it was in 3soe, darkstalkers reborn, etc?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

Capcom didnt make that version did they? It was a port house i thought

I guess maybe that's what he meant? But if you wanna get technical Capcom didn't make sf4 or mvc3 either

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

zooted heh posted:

would giant titty mods be the reason I get the lag vs some pc players? I'm in the same boat where I rarely experience lag on ps4.

I think the crossplay is just really poorly optimized. PS4 vs PS4 I rarely have problems but PS4 vs PC is laggy a lot of the time.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I honestly think Menat is the best character Capcom has created in the 3d era. Sadly she gets destroyed by the top tiers so I don't think she'll be played.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
SF2 banka good
SF4 blanka bad

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Saint Freak posted:

I don't think any Street Fighter takes place beyond 2000

loving casuals

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Brosnan posted:

Who else rented this game and was very disappointed upon getting home and booting it up?

My mom bought it for me from a thrift store because she knew I loved street fighter....

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

don't dox me

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shiki Dan posted:

--My guess is that they wanted Vanish to work as a defensive option as well as offensive, but defensively Vanish only works to kill zoning and on wakeup characters can just duck and 2H.

This is kind of like saying DP is a bad defensive option on wakeup because they can just block and punish

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shiki Dan posted:

Vanish has significantly more start-up than DPs.
So much so that characters can 2H on reaction.
Hell, even withOUT reaction a delayed enough 2H will autocorrect.

You can 2h on reaction if you're not already doing something. If you are going for a meaty and the opponent vanishes, they will get out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MrJacobs posted:

Its not that bad if you play USF4. SF4 Sagat sure was something though.

Elena?