Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

bhsman posted:

So here's a fan-made Alex trailer someone created, which is notable if only because Alex's EX headbutt is in the game, and one of his elbows has armor on the EX version (at a minimum, anyways).

This dude did a video on all his moves if you want to see everything he has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Alex parrying everything is pretty great.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

dhamster posted:

Does that "mod medium/hard survival to one round" trainer still work post-patch?

I wish something like that existed for the PS4 version. Either they made Survival harder across the board or I just don't remember it very well.

Either way, still won't be playing it for colors. Because gently caress that noise. Why they think anyone wants to repeatedly play multiple difficulties of Survival to unlock colors on a per-costume basis is beyond me.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SectumSempra posted:

Automatically restoring a bit of health.

Like between the rounds in kof or cvs 2 survival, or most survivals at no cost.
And those are inconsistent.

It could have been made a lot more fun just by having the bonuses like higher damage stack instead of having tiers.

Honestly, they could easily fix Survival just by making two changes.

1) Let us quit out and resume later so we don't have to play 1-2 hours straight for colors 7-10 and the trophy/titles on Hell.
2) Let us buy extra lives. Full health is what, 25,000? Make continues 50 or 100K points. Something so you get a runback when you hit that high-level AI that you weren't expecting.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Street Fighter V: Prepare for the Sonic Bloom

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So English Guile is now yelling Somersault instead of Flash Kick, huh?

E: Do we know if it's the same VA from 4? Japanese one certainly sounds the same.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So what are we thinking now?

June is Story Mode, so July it'll be Balrog, August is Juri and September is Urien? There's no way Urien isn't last, right?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Both games have some real issues with faces, though. There's something off with Ibuki's face, too, but I can't put a finger on what like you can with Ken's face.

She has Pee-Wee Herman's hair line.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mattavist posted:

Lol if you thought Capcom was willing or capable of fixing it.

Silly boy, why would they fix a feature?

punk rebel ecks posted:

I should not buy the game

This is what anyone thinking of purchasing should be saying. Maybe try back in like a year or so, when there are more characters and... I dunno. Maybe things will be better. :sigh:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
1) Thank god they added some black to the center of Juri's outfit.
2) Urien's voice is pretty on-point. We have any idea who's voicing him this time around?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

attackmole posted:

maybe if Urien had dick jiggle physics and flexed his rear end on his kick animations.

Urien should just be one of those guys from Mount Your Friends.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Another mystery is why Juri's wrists glow during FSE.

Looks like different strengths produce different Pinwheels this time? I saw one short on-the-ground one and then the diagonal/rising one. Wonder if she doesn't have EX moves in yet. Not too fussed at losing fireball storing. Made it really hard for grapplers to get in on her. Felt really unfair. And given things like Green Hand aren't in, how the hell would Gief ever get in on her if she still had that ability?

Also: When is someone gonna do a swap so we can see what Zangief and Fang look like doing Juri's moves?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
PR Balrog is so happy right now. :3:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So what the hell was Juri doing in the story? She's just kinda there all "Look at me I'm still being an rear end in a top hat!" but she doesn't exactly do anything that evil. She's working with Rashid (noted coolguy) and Nash (who just wants to slap the mess out of Bison). And yeah, they all are working under Urien, but he just shows up behind people a few times, calls them idiots, and saunters off with a hand in his pocket. Thinking about it, a lot of people are just around and not actually doing anything/explaining their own motives.

Zangief was amazing throughout. I don't care what his business was outside of flexing at people and hiding poo poo in his chest hair.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dias posted:

Me during story mode: "hey I don't mind this Eva suit thingie Juri's got going on".

Guess I wasn't too far off the ball.

I hope those are in order, because it means only having to do Easy Survival at most to get some good color schemes for her.

Weird how, in color schemes where they literally make him blue, the Urien that looks most alien is White Guy Urien.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

'Pyscho.'

So what are we thinking? 99 cents per color or all of one character's colors for like $7?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

its its fm they will be like 5000 each probably

Hasn't it been confirmed that it's real money only?

Like, if I can pay 10 bucks and I get every color for all characters/costumes, then fine. I'll do that. If they try doing this on a per-chara/costume basis, then shut the whole thing down because haha no.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Firstborn posted:

"If I can pay $10 bucks, fine"? We're talking about loving colors here, man. A lot of games have a bunch of them for free and some even get a color edit. SF4 let us unlock them just by playing the goddamn game. $10 for a bunch of ugly palette swaps in a fighting game is fine. What the gently caress man.

I'd pay more than that if I never had to look at Survival again. Given the available options (on PS4 so I can't do things the easy way) I'd rather just unlock everything at once for a ten-spot and be done with it forever.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zand posted:

they were made for sf2 in fact

cool video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q0s8eny3SY

Oh my god the "What's a Dhalsim?!" bit.

Oh my god "These combos and strategies are for intermediate and advanced players!" -> Footage of Ken doing a jump-in punch into Shoryuken. :psyduck:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hi, Effie.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The sixth DLC character will be the mysterious fighter Tagas. This tall, masked combatant from parts unknown has a strange connection with Ryu. But what is it? Buy the season pass today to be one of the first to find out!

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

man nurse posted:

I'm excited for the nostalgia costumes, the ryu stage, the metro city stage, the new CPT stage, and the big dumb new man. I will continue to spend money on this game, lol.

:yeah:

Abigail has convinced me to redownload the game and start playing again. Only two trophies left (300EX/Super finishes) so maybe I can knock that out too. He's the dumbest character I've ever seen in any fighting game. And because of how massively unpopular he is, no one's gonna play him, which means no one's gonna know how to deal with his bullshit for awhile. You play Abby, you're gonna rampage.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

anime was right posted:

q is going to wear the mask but only to hide the shame of his hideous capcom-qualtiy sfv face

Q will wear the coat and mask, but V-Trigger shoots them off like he was Kamen Rider Kabuto and we finally see how stupid he looks underneath.

E: Moveset is up.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my god, Abigail's Theme is perfect. It's the exact kind of lovely garage band death metal that someone like him would be listening to all the time.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Shaking the cobwebs off after redownloading the game by doing some Trials. Multiple Bull Horns in one combo suck on a controller.

Also, I'm at about 5 minutes of waiting to try and get a single online opponent. With Hardware and Connection set to Any/Any. Good to see SFV's online is either completely dead or just broken still. With this game it's hard to tell at times.

E: The hell? As I joined my second match, the announcer voice started up over the screen of the characters as it loaded in. Couldn't quite make out what it said. Guessing it's a message for when you hit Gold? I'm at like 4500 points, but maybe it was added after I quit playing? Never heard it before.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 21, 2017

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
After watching that VesperArcade dude's rundown of Abigail's normals and specials, I'm even more excited to play him. Y'know, after the 17-hour downtime, of course. Abby's got some downright evil combo potential. How can anyone hate this character? He's amazing.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my god Abigail's Story mode.

E: vvv As is Alex being able to understand Blubbering Car Giant.

E: One of Abby's titles is just "Ababababa"

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 26, 2017

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I know people will stop falling for it eventually, but there's something hilarious about doing Abby's command run -> throw three times in a row, then doing the EX on the fourth when they get really mash-happy or try doing a special.

I'm losing a ton, but I've never had this much fun playing SFV. Slowly getting the timing on fireball absorbs down. Having more trouble figuring out the best way to deal with super-aggressive rushdown players, though. Rashid might be Abby's worst match-up.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If Abigail doesn't get this as a costume, so loving help me...

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone else running into a rare issue where Abigail can't do anything from his command run? No matter what you hit, he just keeps running forward. Only ways out are either the auto-punch at the end or if he gets attacked out of it. On a Hori FC4 that's only about a year old. I know that's like 48 in Hori product years, but the buttons work fine all other times.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
As cool as the new character looks, you all know god drat good and well that she'll do Juri damage and thus be worthless unless you're a masochist.

E: Looks like she has 950 health and stun and only two special moves.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 29, 2017

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So as expected, she does gently caress-all damage. But unlike Juri, who's just miserable in every way, Menat's actually fun to play. Completely worthless in execution since she either plays keepaway or you have to learn 80-hit Orb combos that you'll never ever actually be able to pull off in the lagfest that is online, but at least her animations are nice.

Boxes are completely loving dumb, though. Go into training, tell Ryu to jump over you, and see how far back you can anti-air him with Menat's standing HK.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Aug 30, 2017

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I dunno what the gently caress Zangief does to get in against Menat.

You can completely lock Gief players down just by randomly hitting st.HP, HK, and MP. Birdie can still get in, Abigail can get in super easily, but Gief's kinda hosed since he can't Green Hand his way through things anymore. Gief can inch his way forward if his reaction times are good and he's a Snake Eyez-level of patient, but then she can just Reversal behind you, miss a Soul Throw to escape, or even just jump and drill. Gief can lariat the drill, but unless he predicts the initial jump, she'll be on the other side before it connects and can just continue backing up.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

cams posted:

mm yes daddy

He has both handcuffs up until that moment, then when he brushes his hair back and the camera pulls out, it looks like the right one's there, but the left cuff's now a watch? Assuming he'll get an outfit with 'em, and probably his Final Fight outfit. What's his fourth?

Also, you can see Sagat's iris! It's very pale, but when Ryu's fist closes in on his face, you can see him staring down at it. Really wanna see his main outfit, which seems to be a jacket of some kind. We gonna get Biker Sagat? Probably gonna get the outfit from the trailer. We gonna get Sagat With Hair?

And is Ed starting an organization of his own? Are the only rules for joining A) Have emo hair and B) wear a stupid little hat?

Sakura's in. Blanka's in. They were seen running together. DAN CONFIRMED FOR SEASON FOUR! :byodood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jack Trades posted:

Cody won't have the normal knife anymore instead you'll get it from VT activation and you'll only get to swing it 3 times.

"Cody gets his knives in bulk from China, so each can only hit the opponent a few times before breaking!" His V-Trigger meter turns into a durability bar.

I really wanna know what's going on with him. How he cleaned up, his move names, etc. He still looks bored as poo poo, though.

Also, it's interesting how Ryu gets a cut from that fight with Akuma at the start of the cinematic trailer, and it's still there on his cheek at the very end. Ryu overcame the Satsui no Hado in Story Mode, but it's clear he's still struggling to keep it in check. New story mode just going to be Ryu's journey to his SF3 self?