Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Buhbuhj posted:

Forgive my ignorance but are there any other fgs that have autocorrecting AA normals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Buhbuhj posted:

Hes not turning around though. I watched Birdie fuckin reverse the direction of his hair.
i cant find it but doom does a ballerina twirl if you do st.h on their incoming at crossup timing b/c the first hit where he lifts his entire goddamn leg up above his head will hit crossup and then will autocorrect on the 2nd hit
in lieu have this

https://a.pomf.cat/jwfyci.webm

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 6, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

everyone play marvel instead of this game

actually dont but heres some vergil so you can get your daily supplement

https://a.pomf.cat/xkwgwr.webm

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

interrodactyl posted:

tabs you loving liar dante was in that video too
they're identical twins how do you expect me to tell the difference

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

If you are Necalli this is 100% fine. If you are ready for the jump you can obviously DP because it is more damage and knocks down. If you aren't ready your Unga Instincts kick in and you flail on jab like a retard and anti-air 100% consistently anyway because why should anything be hard in Street Fighter by Fisher-Price.

but winning is hard for me
how do i win

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Hey, one of the things I like about this game is that the better player tends to win.

That means I'm better than you, which I like.

see me in a real man's game

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I beat you in XRD too.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

https://a.pomf.cat/clovew.webm

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

get close and press buttons

you dont really have to get close

just press buttons

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

apple posted:

Play 3rd StrikeStreet Fighter V, it's a good game

i looked for the super NCR intro vid to 3s but it was made private because i forgot it was made by jared rea
a shame he isn't going out of his way to try and drown the fgc anymore with this game out

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

game needs modern warfare style joint ops, blunt force etc it would be well received

a beat em up mode would be cool in any capcom fighter

although imagining it w sf5s stumpy hitboxes is pretty funny (though maybe thatd work better idk)

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

apple posted:

The ranked grind is fun though, I just wish they improved the matchmaking on it. I'll be happy to wait an extra minute or two if it means finding better opponents. If I want to play immediately you could always do casual or battle lounges, IMO.

e: Also make ranked 2/3, less time between searching and it's more tryhard

i actually thought they were gonna do this. like, i swear i even read that they were at some point-
2/3 with generally higher stakes to simulate tourney environment/match to a degree

but lol capcom

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Night Blade posted:

We get it. Thanks.

Fereydun posted:

bring on the bebop kumite for posting rights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCYgQR5PEzA&t=297s

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

fingers not wormy enough

game is poo poo

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

welcome back dark ages

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

cams posted:

those numbers are only for the us and do not include pc copies sold this thread is so dumb

you know, i think he's onto something
laura is the worst character in the game

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

strider was made by double helix, the dudes who did KI originally

it was ok, a bit stale in terms of design but overall p fun due to core mechanics being fun
its biggest crime was that it lacked style which is already 80% of strider

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

where the gently caress is the marvel story mode gdi
where is it capcom you fucks

i will buy a fourth (?) copy of marvel if you release it again with a god drat story mode and balance patches

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Gammatron 64 posted:

My name is…

Shake zula, the mic rula, the old schoola, you want a trip, I’ll bring it to ya

Frylock and I'm on top, rock you like a cop, Meatwad, you up next with your knock-knock

Meatwad make the money see, Meatwad get the honeys G,

Drivin' in my car, livin’ like a star, Ice on my fingers and my toes and I'm a taurus.

Uh! Check-check it, yeah.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Actually I was thinking of comp stomps. What would fg comp stomp lobbies look like? Answer this, and you will save fighting games, pomp

E: comp stomp pomp :laugh:

where's my money

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Bloodly posted:

I agree partly with the above, but somehow my mind turns immediately towards some sort of Final Fight or Streets of Rage.

street fighter 2 was actually a final fight sequel at first

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

novaSphere posted:

The name is correct, although the reference is to a map that was originally from Starcraft (I think) where each base has an obscene amount of resources and a trivially easy-to-defend chokepoint. Players would commonly create lobbies to team up on Big Game Hunters, turtle up, and then obliterate AI opponents with powerful units.

you forgot the traditional ending of some guy betraying everyone and attempting to win against stacked odds vs scrubs

also something that should happen in the final fight mode in sf6, imo

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

lets all agree to replace 'shimmy' with 'yomi'

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Madcosby posted:

you people are loving weird
since im playing jojos instead of sf5
https://a.pomf.cat/qoczau.mp4

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

play jojos with me so i can validate learning tandem combos

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Pomp posted:

You learned how piano all your attacks three to five times through a seconds long super flash, jump over and mash jab?????

nah i already knew how to do that, i love pressing buttons

i want a reason to learn how to do 5a dash buffer 2a as dio because i can't and his dumb tandem doesnt fuckin combo from 5b

edit:
wait i mean fight me in jojos you coward

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 12, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Microwaves Mom posted:

if Jojos was on PC i'd probably play it 24/7

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Pomp posted:

is that shadow dio combo a true infinite btw

in training mode i can get to like 30~ hits and its a guaranteed kill by that point so its infinite-y enough to kill from 100% in corner

midscreen/facing out from corner about 12/3 hits is the usual, which builds roughly 1 and a half bars and leads to the corner which then kds and puts you in an unblockable situation by nature of meaty WRYYYYY super
the damage from that super + followup usually is enough to kill

there is hitstun scaling and i think it ramps up by the 20-30hit margin because getting the infinite past those markers is really really hard

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i wish i could do real tandem combos

edit:
oh its gotta be about sf5 right
i wish this game was marvel 4

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

It's cooler that Liu kang is a homophobe then imo

hes evil in that game

the real liu kang would never be like that... he's too busy beating up reptile to techno music

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

wave motion everyday

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

The Timely Howard posted:

hey

i hit platinum

i declare myself goon emperor of sfv (unless another goon also hit platinum in which case i'm sorry for trying to muscle in on your turf)

im platinum too

STAR PLATINUM

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Baal posted:

What are some good Charlie frametraps
who is MP

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Fereydun