Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

you should be, then, since those are good games.

idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Saint Freak posted:

Did they ever patch this to like, see joysticks? Or is everyone still using xpadder or whatever.

Does anyone even launch SFV to find out?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

The first fighting game I ever played since MK2 was Guilty Gear X on Dreamcast specifically because of what you described. Just because you're the most unfathomably boring, milquetoast person imaginable doesn't mean the rest of the population is.

The time gap between SF2 Turbo and Guilty Gear X is smaller than the distance between Guilty Gear X and today. Guilty Gear is not some new kid on the scene with weird gameplay mechanics. It's foundational and fundamental at this point. 8 years vs 16, if you're curious. This is not a new sub-genre of fighter.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 25, 2016

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Fellblade posted:

Good job ignoring what I said and slapping on the personal insults, icing on the cake there. :jerkbag:

You sound like a cool guy who's good at discussing things and I want to continue this further.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Saint Freak posted:

This is why we should all be playing EHRGEIZ GOD BLESS THE RING

I rented that game for a week and played it non-stop against the AI. gently caress it.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i just bought on the game on PC tell me how dumb I am thanks

You dumb but maybe will have some fun

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I have 52 hours in this game so I assumed I could maybe buy a DLC character.

I guess they cost 100k, huh. I thought 50-something thousand was an okay amount, but I guess not.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 23, 2016

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

good response cams your forum fighting is as good as your street fighting

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I love you m8

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Pomp posted:

Sf4 is a game with oki, complete characters, and zoning so it's a better game

I remember the ongoing joke was "SF5 is gonna come out and everyone is gonna pine for the days of SF4 because everyone is retarded," but it turns out there's just a long-standing tradition of Capcom being totally incompetent and moreso with every iteration of the series.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Zand posted:

sf5 makes sf4 look like a masterpiece

I keep saying the joke was we'd look back on SF4 with fond memories because we're all a bunch of complainy poo poo-bitches, but the joke is that it actually did happen and it's actually b.c. SF5 is just terrible.

I also don't have many fond memories out of 4, but it produced some good EVO matches.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Madcosby posted:

Haha wow

Thread is terrible and i read the star citizen thread

this game is worse than star citizen and the fan base is more stupid

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

SFV has revolutionized gaming with its new, out-of-game emergent content such as '8 frames of delay' and 'twitter rippin on this poo poo game'

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

mango sentinel posted:

Yeah it's insane seeing all this thread cry for the halcyon days of SF4 like we didn't all despise and trash talk it in its supremacy.

Everything just keeps getting worse with time.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

mango sentinel posted:

Nah Tekken got good again after being bad

And now it's got a season pass. We'll see how that goes. Maybe T7 DLC will own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

This game sucks so bad they had to put breasts on Seth