Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Any Vega players here? I know I don't have a good wake up and that I pretty much just have to make the read just wondering if I could get some nuanced advice. Also what do I use Barcelona attack for? Wake up shenanigans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

Yep very true. Way I play Vega though every single hit confirm leads to ex walldive/izuna so I rarely have bar for super.

Evil Canadian you do know you're my favorite Canadian right? That being made mind sharing some Vega hit confirms and possibly some advice regarding how to hit ex walldive? I'm struggling entering the DP after a neutral. Trying real hard to learn Vega this time around.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Slowly improving, still haven't been able to land ex wall dive during combos. I'll get there eventually though. Been trying to beat hell survival as well so I've played a few ranked matches due to that. Pleased with my results there, I'm not as completely lovely as I thought.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Playing my friend who is superior at fighting games has been frustrating. I'm Vega and he's Karin. Once I get put into the corner I get destroyed when I can play footsies I do a lot better. What's the best way to improve my anti airs? Just a lot of matches? I'm not reacting to any at all.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Thank you guys I'll do that. I need to recognize the spacing he has and whether the jump in is deep or far away enough for me to use that sweet rear end air throw.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Kawabata posted:

Still can't join lounges at all, finding games every 15 minutes or so, and of the 3 ranked matches I won, 2 didn't give me points.

I haven't checked yet, but please don't tell me this game, on top of having a poo poo roster, terrible menus and appalling connectivity issues also has the same issue SF4 had at the beginning where you can just quit and gently caress the other guy. Please.

Just add the guy as a friend then set up a private party, next step begin share play go into v.s mode and let him play as player two. You have now successfully joined a lounge!

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

There's a Korean tournament going on right now on twitch. As usual the commentators are amazing.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I have fun playing Vega, maybe I'm a dunce.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

The kid who played T Hawk in SFIV has such an amazing R. Mika. He practically beat all the good NY players this Wednesday on battle circuit.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Meaty set ups on knock down counter mash jab right?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

I'm really bummed out with Vega's anti air. The QCB + HP or C.HP seems to be awful especially at low LP as it seems everyone jumps in.

I think I need a new character.

E:
Is there any good anti air for him?

It's not what you want to hear but air throw and his air to air m.k are pretty good options. If spaced properly his roundhouse is also good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Showing off your tattoo's is lame, it's way better to discreetly hint at them through revealing clothing.