Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
This game can eat my shorts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
"if he attends evo this year" yeah i wouldnt count on it bruh

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
they should have just eliminated medium or lights altogether so you had 2 punches and 2 kicks like superior serioes, king of figheters

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Zaa Boogie posted:

Novril is at his best when making funny stuff but as soon as he actually talks about fighting games seriously you find out he has a lot of words and not a lot of thought.

thats cool because his tutorials are whats constantly regurgitated to anyone wanting to get into gg

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

It would be hilarious if Sakura is actually like 30 and still in high school because she's been held back a lot because she is too busy fighting to attend class

Also am I the only one getting an Edward Snowden vibe from Charlie? Betrayed by the US (or at least corrupt soldiers working w/ Shadowloo), he's now a Frankenstein in Russia.

Although they don't say, it's probably the Illuminati that brought him back and not the Russians. I think further story stuff will be the Illuminati vs. Shadowloo which would be cool. Maybe Gill and\or Urien are using him as a guided rage-filled missile to kill Bison.

who gives a poo poo

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

teagone posted:

I'm finally able to pull off Chun's instant air legs and combo from it, but I can only do it (semi-consistently) from the left side of the screen. My execution blows haha.

You just need to get your side pick game up

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
vryus been murdering people online with laura, he makes her look really good

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

flatluigi posted:

Anyone wanna toss me a link of a really good player playing chun?

no link but nuki plays chun because hes a 3s style tier whore

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
whats the diff between laura dash and command dash

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
something that would be more helpful than reading 5 books would be playing the game

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

teagone posted:

Yeah, I enjoyed his commentary tonight lol. He's a good foil for Rip.

lol 2 like exclusively tekken players commentating sf, im into that

edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44depsi7b1E

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
dont balance patch a game a week after release wtf

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
He's not gonna read that

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

The FGC would probably rip a for-real autistic person to shreds. Aspies gravitate towards games that don't require any real skill like RPGs and Nintendo games.

Like a decent amount of FGC people I know can barely even be called nerds and aren't really into a lot of nerdy stuff other than video games and are more into sports, going to the gym and hip hop than Star Wars, anime and Magic the Gathering and whatnot.

Although at least half are big weeaboos, myself included

lol

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
didnt chris g use to go by like "fire wizard" or some poo poo like that

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
a lot of fg players are petty criminals though, thats pretty cool

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Wasn't there a smash guy jizzing on people's bedsheets or something

it was this guy

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
siri, what is rollback netcode

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
if youre as bad as the worst players in online sf then you probably cant read or write

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
it sucks

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Trykt posted:

-cr.mk is no longer a poke, do not use it as such (replace with st.mk).

This game is disgusting to me

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

inthesto posted:

Their advertising is really gross (one splash screen was just a giant loving close-up of Yipes' face as he was surrounded in water vapor) but in all honesty Steam Co's products are actually really good

dont play footsies with cancer

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Im not sure the guy who said dash up normals are the name of the game now was all that wrong anymore

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
ultimate footsies resource already exists http://sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Phaelog posted:

That is wierd. That is because you're a myopic wierdo.

Omg get out

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Golem II posted:

The people in this thread are horrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia1KAi01IfQ

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Ranks Don't Matter

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

The league system in SFV is actually pretty good, I think. It's never gonna be perfect (especially in its infancy when there are still killers who just haven't put in the ranked time yet) but I feel like 90% of my ranked opponents are within fair margins of more/same/less skilled.
enforce anarchy

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
short active frames are a pretty consistently lovely part in sf 4 and 5

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
my friend said he does dp like f, qcf because gootecks told him to and im like dont do that its a bad habit and he just goes "oh like you know more than GooTecks????"

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
hitbox users dont get invited to parties

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Looks more like an mk player imo

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

As if. He's a white Justin Wong. He's obviously a Marvel player.

i could buy all the other ones but white people dont play vs games

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Ventana posted:

FWIW There are some more white guys lately playing Marvel 3, like Flux, Sacktap, RyanLV, Kinderparty, etc. But yeah

Yeah well marvel 3 is travesty so it kinda follows

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

it's not really surprising

snakeeyez is the best street fighter player in the us by a solid margin

the only reason the guy never won sf4 at evo is his character choice

lol

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

JackDarko posted:

Playing my friend who is superior at fighting games has been frustrating. I'm Vega and he's Karin. Once I get put into the corner I get destroyed when I can play footsies I do a lot better. What's the best way to improve my anti airs? Just a lot of matches? I'm not reacting to any at all.

when they jump, try to hit them with the button you use to hit jumping people with, and then do that every time

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
secret tip the pros dont want you to know: when you do things many times, you get better at doing them

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Pomp posted:

when do i stop compulsively mashing after blocking a jumping jab and getting blown up by people who stop trying to throw and just CH my rear end

well operant conditioning tells us the most effective way to remove a stimulus response is to try and replace the existing conditioning with an opposite one. ie trying to associate jumpins with an action that isnt jab or whatever you mash, for instance dp. that works out great since dp is good answer to everything and an automatic win button. or block i guess

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Okay kim jong un silencing dissent. freakin mao zedong over here. gonna send me to the cornfield