Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

For some reason the bot doesn't lose it's win streak when people beat it, I think Mike Ross fought the same one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do these people realise the costumes will be available for $4 later this month

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

2/3 ranked with no penalty for disconnects would be great

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

quote:

Challenge Mode

Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter V through helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:

Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.

Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos.  Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money

That + 2/3 ranked was a lot more than I was expecting

Cat Machine posted:

Why is there no video I wanna hear Jazzy NYC 16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSzPbO9DFcg

The Third Strike Online remix was pretty bad, I hope they don't screw it up

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's weird that they wouldn't just add an option for 'normal ranked' and '2/3 ranked' instead of the weird opt in thing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

just gonna go ahead and bump this again since it was literally the post before the alex news, hoping for some feedback so i can refine it a bit and maybe genericize it for other FGs

You should send it to Eventhubs or SRK or something, they'll probably post it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Guile is high priority because there still aren't enough blonde characters in SFV

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's so weird how big of a deal the lack of an arcade mode turned out to be for some people

I don't get it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I mean it's young Alex, he hasn't mastered his headband yet

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Pomp posted:

you have to pay 5 bucks for a good alex costume it's all planned :tinfoil:

From now on all DLC characters will be cosplaying as Q and you gotta pay to take the giant trenchcoat + mask off

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

this is an interesting development

https://twitter.com/beas_tv/status/708340925320138752

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

lamentable dustman posted:

but my fight money....

I mean that's probably why they would try to crack down on it

If you do all the survival modes you have enough fight money to buy like 10+ characters

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What do they call microwalks in japan

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Corbeau posted:

Our group had a discussion that boiled down to one question: how much would you pay for pants DLC for Cammy?

Does this count

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Is Karin how rich people dress/look in Japan?

Brazil is a strange place

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I mean people have been complaining about Ken's hair since he was revealed like a year ago and they never did anything about it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What about if Ryu and Chun Li could fight against Marvel superheroes

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Ono should have to cut off at least one of his fingers to atone for this

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Double Bill posted:

Why do you think they had to get Sony to fund this? Capcom is broke, they're little more than the IP holder

How does a company end up going broke when they've got Monster Hunter/Street Fighter/Resident Evil/Mega Man/Ace Attorney/Devil May Cry etc etc

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

After not watching a USFIV match in a while, I am suddenly reminded how much I didn't like the in game commentator.

bring back the alpha 3 guy

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It'd be kinda funny if they waited until after NCR + the March update was on like the 28th

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess there's a pretty decent chance they'll show the Alex trailer tonight near the end of Final Round (but there's another CPT premier event next week so maybe they'll wait until then and we'll get the patch on like the 28th)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm looking forward to Alex 80% because of his theme

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FanaticalMilk posted:

I want a game that explains the basic functions of its own mechanics. Parsing youtube videos and forums was fine when CVS2 released, it's pathetic that that's still the only resource for information on a new release in TYOOL 2016.

It should've been there at launch but the tutorials they're adding actually sound pretty ok

quote:

Challenge Mode

Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter V through helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:

Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.

Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.

Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.

Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.

Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos. Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

All I know is that Skullgirls is supposed to have a good tutorial and some big ol titties

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Faffel posted:

They're all big titty anime girls in SFV though.

What about Karin

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Dracula Factory posted:

I really wish Mika had a less ridiculous costume, because I love her moves and her style. Her alt is better but still not great. I just want her to wear something that a wrestler or fighter might actually wear. I wish every character had some street clothes options like Rashid.

I mean by the end of SF4 each character had like 6 alts so just wait a while and you'll get like a mika frankenstein outfit or something

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 22, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Dracula Factory posted:

At this point I'll be surprised if THE MARCH PATCH actually comes out in march, they haven't said a drat thing about it in a while.

It sucks but they can't really drop a new character like 3 days before a big tournament (NCR)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It was worth it for James Chen's reaction when they cut to him

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm filing a trademark for 'dhalshimmy' don't steal

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's when you distract the opponent with Zangief's muscles

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

the gootecks shimmy is when someone moves your camera, exposing the fact that your Studio is just a black couch in front of a black sheet in your dirty tiny apartment and then you don't cut the stream in time and everyone hears you threaten them with physical violence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNDFIyelcsg

I don't see a lot of practical applications for this in matches

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

teagone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vv4X3fp8G0

I laughed, but I didn't know what a shimmy was until Winter Brawl a few weeks ago :shrug:

This is great

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

croutonZA posted:

How about a little musical interlude to calm those nerves eh goons?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGlHOasCgxY

Can we listen to this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSzPbO9DFcg

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I didn't know they were doing DLC stages, I wonder if both players have to own it to play on it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Dias posted:

Things of note from the newspost:

- Zenny Shop still not ready to launch, so no real money purchases right now. No ETA on that either (lol).

The way they're talking about it makes it sound like multiple characters will have been released by the time it's ready which is kind of weird

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

Street Fighter V will be have a F2P offering within a year I think

Has there been a F2P model for fighting games that hasn't been garbage yet

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess the way to make the most money from DLC stages would be remakes of classic stages or something but I guess that would take a lot of effort

Alternatively allow people to pay to disable training room both online and in tournaments somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

Alpha Ryu looks like crap, why would anyone want that Alt

It might be hot to put alpha ryu up against bearded ryu idk