Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

they hosed up the challenges by making them all or nothing for fm. there's no incentive to try them and train on them unless you are already very good at execution. having them be each worth fm would be so much smarter but they are stingy fucks who couldn't even give away enough fm for a costume for their story mode.

I guess I have pretty ok execution (I did all the SSF4 trials) but the SF5 ones are the easiest trials I've seen in a fighting game

The only difficult one I can think of was one of Karin's

bhsman posted:

Would you say that Xrd is the hardest, then?

KOFXIII has really difficult trials (I dunno how they compare to Revelator though)

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Peewi posted:

No way Gill won't be in season 2 with the teaser at the end of story mode.

I kinda want C. Viper to return and she appeared in one of the character stories.

Maybe season 2 will have arcade mode with gill as a boss only character or something

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

croutonZA posted:

AFAIK the way this game handles colours is very similar to how SFxT handled colours which did have a colour editor. Colours are a decent fight money sink for them though so I don't see them adding one anytime soon.

The weird thing is I don't think there's an option to buy colours 3-10 with fight money which seemed like the whole point of gating them behind survival to begin with

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It is kind of funny that the two probably least played characters get the most attention in story mode

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The game is fun tbh

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hilda has a good ohohoho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtGFKcQK7j4

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Madcosby posted:

in sf5 news, I read this thread, yet havent bothered to load the game since Mar 31, somethings just not bringing me back

I mean this thread is probably more negative about SF5 than anywhere else I've seen so that's not very surprising

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've seen into the future and people only play King of Fighters XIV

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

One of the dolls in the story mode does use guns

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

man nurse posted:

Street Fighter 4 was awesome, you guys are weird. I guess I just don't "get" fighting games. Maybe that's why I'm enjoying 5, too. Have to say I prefer being able to enjoy things.

I like both games too

It's weird that people would play/watch a game for like 7 years then afterwards say it was bad

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Please watch Chihayafuru + Ping Pong

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why's he hiding in the lower right of kanzuki estate

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Apparently all the money from that Pro Tour DLC goes to the Capcom Cup prize pool

e: oh a portion of the money, my bad

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There was also a guy with one hand who made it out of pools I think

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

Go gently caress yourself Ono. Didn't he just announce a DLC for like 30 bucks too?

They're trying to do the dota2 thing where the DLC money boosts the pot of the Capcom Cup

It probably should've been $10-15 though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm not sure if Zangief is still allowed to be Mika's mentor because he will never make it to EVO finals

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like the music on Kazuki Estate/Underground Arena (round 2) a lot and the DLC stages seem to have pretty solid themes (but I'm saving my fight money for characters)

I'm assuming all top 8 matches in CPT events will be played on that Ring of Destiny stage which is kind of a shame because the theme is kinda boring

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

You couldn't do all the trials hah what a dweeb

He somehow beat survival on hard though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Let's all wish Ryu a happy 52nd birthday

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You should play who you think looks the coolest

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does any fighting game have practical trial mode combos

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Isn't Rufus fat for the same reasons or am I making that up

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Was the white hoodie really that great idgi

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

It's not the hoodie so much as there's already a decent number of beefy dudes in the game, so someone like Ed who doesn't resemble a fighter in his really casual clothes and small frame sticks out more and brings variety to the cast. Capcom decided they just wanted another Nash and beefed him up and now he looks like everyone else which is lame and bad.

Yeah I guess that's fair. Looking at that picture ^ he was a lot scrawnier than I remembered from story mode

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like this outfit better than his default

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cody doesn't look bored enough IMHO

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It kind of sucks and isn't really worth the effort but grinding out survival mode (I did easy/medium with everyone)/trials/the story modes gives you enough fight money for everyone. There's the weekly missions too which take like 5 minutes and get you 5-10k usually but I've missed most of those

I think I have 300k fight money left over and I bought everyone except Ed/Zeku (I didn't buy any stages/costumes though)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I miss the earth

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I hope this means more Kolin this season because she's cool and poongko is the only one I ever see

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

100,000 fight money saved

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is Ono bad

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't really play it but I still like watching the tournaments

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I mean if you play the game for like an hour you'll probably have enough points for a couple characters

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah they did but I didn't realise that included the story modes until I looked it up just now, that sucks

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's Cody like/has anyone tried him yet

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When's Makoto

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

rip hakan

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess Makoto has officially escaped SF5

we'll never see what v-triggers rindo-kan karate is capable of.......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like Menat/Kolin's designs (Kolin's alt with the scarf is better than her default though) and new Seth