Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I'm having that lovely issue on PC where the Hori Mini decides that, actually, the ability to move to the right is unnecessary.
I've deleted the input file in configs a few times, disabled everything controller related through Steam and verified the game files, best case scenario is the stick will work for two rounds then not work. No issues with face buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I haven't played this in ages, is Juri still a bit underwhelming? I mained her as I had in 4 because if someone doesn't know what to do about her you can play keepaway for days, but her damage output and fireball range was nerfed from 4 from what I remember, and I don't think her non feng-shui engine ult was as much fun to snag people with. She's still fun but some match ups she really gets massacred.
I am pleased that my SF4 fightpad works seamlessly on PC with this and SC6, cannot get to grips with sticks at all.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

man nurse posted:

I like SF V quite a bit but I use to love letting rip with Juri in 4 and I do not like what they did with her in 5 at all.

I still like Juri in 5, but yeah I'm not demolishing people like in 4 (fireball range is deffo a factor). It was still fun getting a couple hits in on proper new players with that massive kick reach then spending 80 seconds jumping over them. I always find that sort of bullshit much more fun to fight against than some rear end just stunlocking me and having their two perfects in 23 seconds combined.
Same with Soul Calibur 6, I have far more respect for someone who can read that they far outmatch my meager abilities after a round and then will play silly buggers than just rinse their 2 combos.
The rematch system in SC6 is perfect, there was a Yoshimitsu I'd keep running into and we had a lot of fun being annoying more than aggressive for 6 or 7 sets.
It's a shame neither that nor SF5 (to my knowledge) have an easy way of chatting to other players on Steam. I miss the days of being able to just send "gg" or something on my old 360 playing SF4. I think about half my 360 friends list ended up being from that game.