Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Can any other characters with 3f jabs do this proximity guard OS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Which stick do you think is the best for doing a massive line of coke off of? One of those giant hori viewlix sticks?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Vel posted:

:eyepop: Seriously? I can't imagine the mindset of these players.

Actually it makes even more sense in casual. If you are in a matchup with someone with potato wifi and getting wrekt with rollback what's the point of continuing. They don't get any points or anything so it's arguably in both players interests to find a better connection

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Vel posted:

Do you guys not search 5 only? I haven't had any trouble since switching.

Ftr, I don't rage quit or anything. I play on ps4. Just pointing out that I think rage quitting in casual seems more justified than ranked.

Regarding bars, I'm still trying to figure out what that is a measurement of. Ping to some geographic landmark? What if you have a decent ping to San Jose but get your wifi connection gets hit with an emp bomb every time someone in your building microwaves a hot pocket? Basically, does it account for lag spikes?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Holy poo poo, lol

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I'm imagining sodoms furry ear things flopping around in the sfv engine and its glorious

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

So that shadowloo soldier that people thought was going to be in survival mode is apparently Nazi Abel

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Is Q chun li's dad?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Some Ken concept art from those links:

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Is this true or is this a late April fools ownage ?

https://twitter.com/ifcyipes/status/716164440857686016

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Also this guy's channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkUm1J-7_Kg

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Sarchasm posted:

There are options to have to the dummy do an action on wakeup or do an action on guard recovery. You should be using those options instead of just hoping you luck into reversal timing.

There are plenty of tutorials on Youtube to help you set up these options if you search for them. And it should go without saying, but make sure you pick a character with a 3f jab to be your training dummy.

If you have the training dummy do ex shooting peach that might be even better, since you if your meaty is medium or heavy it will beat the jab on frame 3 whereas ex peach will have armor on frame 3, right? Not sure if there is a better option for training that would require 1 frame timing

e: looks like you could use alex's ex slash too

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 7, 2016

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I actually think the character balance in this game is one of its quiet strong points. I blame Woshige. It's still early, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Of all the problems with SFV, I don't really feel like their combo system is one of them, personally.