Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Nash could be Captain Commando, he could be a Mortal Kombat ninja :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

bhsman posted:

Huh, I guess Nash's costume is a reference to Doctrine Dark?

Dang, good catch on that one

and what the gently caress happened to Ken's skull

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Yeah those Nash challenges were super easy and the only one I got hung up on was the very last one, because I'd never linked c.hp to b.mk before :shrug:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

darealkooky posted:

I actually did get into melty blood this week

I dunno why everyone made fun of this game all these years, it's pretty cool. Did it used to suck really bad? Was it just because blazblue didn't exist yet to show people what actually bad anime games are like?

When I tried to learn Melty Blood in 2007, combos went on for a loving eternity

After watching the linked video for about 30 seconds, yeah this is a completely different game from what I knew

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Yep, this is exactly the version of Melty Blood that I attempted to play and this is exactly the kind of poo poo I'm thinking of when I take a dump on the game any time it pops up in FG discussion

Nice to see the game isn't an impenetrable turd anymore

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Dracula Factory posted:

Alex seems pretty cool, I never played him in 3s

He's kind of like Makoto except he has really bad normals and bad combos and gets owned by almost everyone

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
That song is pretty dope though, what is it

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I don't suppose dantarion has put out frame data or hit boxes for Alex yet, has he

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Dude is a trooper, thanks

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Flash chops are unsafe on block? What the hell, Capcom. :mad:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Zand posted:

edit: also I can't be the only person that doesn't find the story mode art awful, can I? like it really isn't that bad, the only thing I don't like is that some of the art is drawn taking place inside of the training stage which is just stupid.

Given that this is the same guy who did art for SFA3, it looks like he suffered a stroke or really phoned it in

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Why am I having so much trouble doing Alex's s.lp x flash chop

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

bhsman posted:

Do the taunt so it becomes a counterhit for longer hitstun? :shobon: Unless this is a trial.

Yeah I'm just trying to do trial 7 and the cancel window is not only super small, but if you cancel just a bit too late it doesn't combo

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Has anyone determined a basic and easy hit confirm for Alex yet?

I really do not want to do s.mp s.lp flash chop because I'm lazy

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Incidentally, Chris Hu and Aquasilk are trying to guess what "SJW" stands for on the NLCB stream and they can't figure it out

Right now their best guess is "strong Jamaican woman"

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

AnonSpore posted:

https://twitter.com/TOOLASSlSTED/status/715605570699595776

The explanation for why the Laura/Chun frametrap above doesn't work.

I really enjoy weird fighting game trivia like this, but somebody's gonna have to translate this into English for me

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

So wait a second, the extension of the hurtbox on P1 alters which input takes priority from P2?

How on earth does this happen?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Didn't enjoy him in CVS 2, then?

Considering how outright weird most of the Rival Schools/Project Justice cast is, Kyosuke is one of the most boring and worst characters they could have pulled

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
God dammit, of course my 3S Alex color is gated behind hard survival

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
KaceyTron owns, she is legitimately good at what she does, and the best part is that there are total marks who are not in on the joke

Also, 3S Alex player renic has apparently picked up SF5 and streams from time to time, if anyone wants to look out for that: https://www.twitch.tv/r_e_n_i_c/v/58905078

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Creamfilled posted:

In the latest 'SFV is a bad game' news!

https://twitter.com/dantarion/status/718711691794493440

Some weird bug with picking Alex means that one or both players will be stuck with their characters having the frame data and properties of the previous patch until both players quit out to the main menu.

Okay so how do we pick characters from the E3 build

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've never played a lot of Street Fighter, what makes this a bad entry?

The game looked good at E3 and then capcom kept nerfing everything until we were left with a crippled game

Also, the release was seriously botched and incomplete

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

dangerdoom volvo posted:

if o. sagat is your baseline of ok pokes then i dont see how you could ever be satisfied

ST Claw

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Control Volume posted:

About a year ago I was like, "I'm going to buy street fighter 5 and become Proficient at fighting games" but then it came out and I didnt buy it at all, how good of a decision did I make?

fight me in ST

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

S.J. posted:

Yeah it seems like the people at the USA and Japanese branches really don't like each other

Remember how Capcom USA had to fight HQ over Hyper Fighting?

Yeah, nothing's loving changed.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
GameSpot did a piece on Weaponlord a few years back, and it's a good read like the oral history of SF was:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/forging-weaponlord/1100-6409025/

Long story short, Weaponlord turned out to be the inverse of Street Fighter, where the game was crushed by its own hubris and ambition

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Dias posted:

I mean ST is ugly that's why they made an HD Remix and you should play that

If you ask me, Street Fighter 2 still looks and sounds good 25 years later

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I am disappointed but not surprised that there is no Zaki in a swimsuit but still with her mask on

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Hi I haven't paid attention to SF5 in months

Is Boxer a rushdown character that is fun like in ST or is he a defensive wall like in SF4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Real hurthling! posted:

Hes all offense now

Okay I might fire up this game again

I mean I will probably go back to playing him in ST instead but it's worth a shot