Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It'll drop after Final Round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It gave me Ken who I hate playing, so yeah

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alex looks terrible

What muscle man voice are they going to give him?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I mean how could SF hope to beat Naruto

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RIP Street Fighter

croutonZA posted:

Since this is Capcom we're talking about, a company that was totally okay with using decade old sprites in games to save money, I wonder if we'll get some dolled up SF4 models put into the game and sold as DLC?

You can't transfer the SF4 models to SF5 and doll them up, a lot has to be changed and at that point they're better off working from scratch

Not that the models would look good anyways

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

cams posted:

those numbers are only for the us and do not include pc copies sold this thread is so dumb

Yeah I'm sure the PC ecosystem is gonna make up the other 1.8 mil sales it needs when it's losing to a Naruto game which will make 2 mil worldwide

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The US is one of the biggest places for the game to sell if it is already doing 210k and it's been out a month that does not bode well. Japan sales are probably going to be smaller too, the only place it could do significantly better is Europe, which it might but not enough to cover the costs. It will probably break a million on all skus worldwide maybe even 1.5 mil, it is not making 2 mil by the end of March short of a miracle though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm honestly surprised it's doing this badly. Like why is the thing that made people say "Nah, I'm good." Just over saturation of fight games?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How much did MKX do? Those are the numbers

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean MKX sells more to kids than SF does too so that's a factor

SF is the old man game now

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Probably should've delayed the game another year and not tried to release it with no content for people who don't play the game competitively instead of being like "Nah, we don't need to make a good first impression. Everything can come out after everyone's gotten sick of it." Ah well, lesson learned, hopefully they can take it into SFVI.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk, if the game's not done by so well they might not do a season 2. Who honestly knows though?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was mostly joking because you think Capcom already knew how to release a fighting game since SFIV, Marvel, and SFxT all released with a sizeable roster of characters, modes, and "working" online, but I guess they just assumed they didn't need it this time? Speaking of SFxT I think they also projected that game to sell over 2 million by the end of March as well and that actually released in March?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They still have DMC

Also Darkstalkers would be dead on arrival after Resurrection gathered no interest for it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

attackmole posted:

Iunno they still made like 3 versions of SF3 so I mean I can't imagine them not trying at least a few more times to poo poo some money out of the franchise.

Games were different in the 90s, especially fighting games

bhsman posted:

Beyond the March update, Store, and Alex (and I know at least 2-3 people who are waiting on it because that's when the game is 'really' out), Story mode being released will probably drive some sales, too.

March is not going to churn out a million sales for them. I cannot say I'm surprised Capcom nested that cynical mentality for the people buying their games though.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I didn't play the new DMC, wasn't it recieved very poorly? Didn't play Bionic Commando or Dead Rising 3 either but I heard people didn't like 'em.

Also I loving love the poo poo out of Vampire Savior but so few people share that love and it breaks my heart :negative:

DMC4SE did really well for Capcom and DMC and Dante & Nero's actor are doing mocap work for DMC5 right now.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also yeah the RE license is still p lucrative for Capcom since they've been doing a good job on their releases after 6

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can't get Iron Galaxy to work on it when IG is working on actually successful fighting game

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

They claimed to want to appeal to the wider casual market and then before release announced that a real story mode wouldn't be inserted into the game until loving June. They didn't even have tutorials or trials that training mode warriors eat up in at launch, but at least those are coming this month I guess. There's also the months of people documenting nerf after nerf after nerf in the beta with far less buffs and optimistic things to say besides "maybe it'll end up ok" which I guess it might have if it had any of the depth of gameplay options people have come to expect from other series' releases.

Idk it just feels difficult to believe that casual players actually cared about most of this but I guess this does prove that you shouldn't just assume people are okay with how you release the game since Street Fighter is in the title

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I doubt arcade mode is the sole reason. That being said trying to replace a traditional fighting game mode for no reason other than "oh we've got a story mode coming" is loving stupid. No one has ever complained about having an arcade mode ever and it offers simple single player content with little work other than having to make a boss fight and tack on a character specific ending.

Like it shouldn't be hard to make a single player mode that lets you run through a sizeable amount of the cast with some sort of reward that isn't painfully boring to play through like Survival or Character stories.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dangerdoom volvo posted:

They have a story mode with character specific ending and some fights for every character. its basically arcade mode. actually its literally arcade mode

Those are non-endings, they don't do anything for any character with the exception of like Karin's and are just meant to hype up the story mode.

Like the fact that you can't change difficulty and that amount of fights change depending on character make it really separated from an actual arcade mode.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Strekken had a good arcade mode.

I guess they thought since Strekken was so badly received that no one liked opening and ending cutscenes with in between character banter and rival scenes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Marvel character endings were godlike

Also

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He hasn't learned how to evolve from an ape either

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How do you not have stomp for Alex? Or flash elbow? They're repurposing his 3S overhead into a special? Stungun is a base rear end bitch special? Is Heavy Flash chop going to be impossible to hit again too?

Who is this character for?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
But Necalli already exists?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't worry Alex's is "Hit me and I lose crush counter"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you're going to list Necalli as a grappler then where is Vega

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, we get it, you think it's tiresome to mention how broken the lobbies are.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Afaik Hobo with a shotgun doesn't touch a fighter that's not on PC so afaik he's only been playing since 4

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Charles Nash was reborn as a primordial being

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You're right, Victorian Era England probably doesn't have a very good internet infrastructure

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AnonSpore posted:

Okay page 89, I'm gonna bitch about how Alex looks really bad (appearance wise, not moves/balance/whatever) and as someone who was really looking forward to Alex not only am I disappointed, I'm also kinda scared what they're gonna do to visually "upgrade" Urien

Call me when it's page 90 so I can bitch about something else

This is me

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm looking forward to his muscle man voice

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Firstborn posted:

I've just been waiting for Alex to come out tbh

I know your pain friend

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you're grounded you can get combod for like a million years

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean yeah, console sales are poo poo in Japan and have been since last console generation. I mean even when SF4 did like 3 million or something, most of that was from western countries and it sold like 80k on PS3 there.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SectumSempra posted:

End of the day are you guys having fun with this game?

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also this outfit's fine, you loving babies