Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That's a very pretty man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L61EeZC4i0&t=1619s

I'm down with Even More Lisa Lisa Rose, hopefully in a better Street Fighter game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That artstyle is familiar. Also this is when "it's stylized" is a fair defense, because...it's stylized.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think SFV combos are really easy, but it might be because I had to deal with 1f links for eons. For punishing you can usually do a hard normal into special if you don't wanna deal with links.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

no it's not that, sfv combos are designed to be easy

sure zand but what i mean is that i'm used to the stupid tight links of 4 so maybe someone coming in "clean" or someone that played games with gatlings might have some trouble adapting

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Tekken story mode is also poo poo and they had what felt like five years to develop it. I just need to reinforce that every time it comes up, it's Quite Bad.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Woden posted:

She's also like 70 years old but looks like a teenager because Harada.

As depicted I think she's like late 30s at most.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

this but with ken face on top of ryus

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://clips.twitch.tv/CautiousOilyCocoaKappaRoss

Just because it looks silly.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
People had Rose as a top 3 character in USF4 after Louffy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

mango sentinel posted:

That's not that far off.

I'd take top 10. gently caress Rose as top 3, especially considering everyone that flocked towards her floundered terribly unlike people that flocked towards Yun or E.Ryu.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Rude. Infil is perfect, k. :colbert:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Real hurthling! posted:

Yo blanka looks dumb

So he's Blanka

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
blanka should be fixed

he also needs some adjustments to his moveset and buttons

ah who am i kidding shoot him behind the shed

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't know if I'd single out DBFZ neutral as being guess heavy seeing that it borrows heavily from Marvel. Seems a bit unfair.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think the issue is that there are three or four different ways of just saying "gently caress the neutral" in DBFZ and you need to be aware of all of them at all times. But then again, to me that's Marvel (at least Marvel 3). You can beamport, you can throw out hidden missiles, you can divekick into 100%...

I agree with lack of diversity in play styles and linear offense though.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I stopped caring about SFV a while ago, but these patch notes don't make much sense to me.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Vega players don't deserve love.

Also I played SF4 at the local anime meet up and that game does feel better to play than 5 for whatever reason. It might be Stockholm syndrome.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Double Bill posted:

Like half of SF4 cast is aggressively irritating to play against, dunno how you could possibly prefer that.

I play Rose, I revel in being irritating.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

man nurse posted:

I like all the Street Fighters imo. 3 in particular, 4 was a rollicking good time as well, and I'm enjoying the hell out of 5. And I mean 2 is good too. The Alpha games were also cool.

It must suck not to be able to enjoy things.

Frankly the only game I can't enjoy is SFV, even 3S at least looks nice and has some cool stuff.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Renoistic posted:

If I like playing as Ryu (fireballs, simple combos and dp) which character should I try out if I'd like to branch out?

Ryu, but in ST.

Nash, probably?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The one thing SFV did right was getting rid of 1f links.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'unno, I still feel 80% of SFV characters can be distilled to "dash medium poke, jump-in, fish for CC into V-Trigger combo". Pressure also feels very much not fun and neutered throw games are just a current trend that I hate.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Going by Floe's analysis it looks more like a Final Fight Cody than SFA/SF4 Cody in terms of attacks.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That attack has a long rear end startup despite the hitbox, if you do it preemptively it works, otherwise you're getting murdered.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

but nevertheless youll get a lesson from teacher

i'll tell you how i became the prince of a town called bel-air

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

You can fix this super easy, replace the kanji on the screen with a CPT logo too, and then it becomes dadaist art

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

b_d posted:

Buy one thousand chests!

Ah, the Shill Goku Satsu.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ibuki should be deleted from every single SF and it's shameful that cute plus good girl Menat is being shouted down in favor of this stupid Wheel of Fortune bullshit. :colbert:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ADTerminal posted:

https://twitter.com/Bri4nF/status/1092802058594467841?s=20

Saw this tweet and it reminded me this thread exists

I feel like this held more water before SFV achieved near-DOA levels of tittilation.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yohosie is a gift to humankind.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Menat is good because 1) she infuriates people as a zoner, 2) she's cute and 3) she protected Rose from being in this cursed game.

No but that walk animation is very powerful.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

i can't believe they fixed sfv

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Big Scary Owl posted:

Wouldn't it be nice if they kept this and let it rock during EVO Japan

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/1095711021967110144

Boooooooo!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Can we change the thread title to "I just wonder how this affects my PP"?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Seth says trans rights?

It's actually a cool design change. I see that Capcom continues to take fireballs away from characters on their quest to delete zoning from the game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Yep, they're kind of hit and miss though.

Menat got Rose's drill, but even if you hit at the very tip you're still negative 7, it's nice to be able to confirm to a knockdown at longer range though without meter.

https://twitter.com/Filipinoman/status/1206707093924794368

I can continue to ignore SF5 then. Also Rashid is now Nanase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I had issues running SF5 when it came out and upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 fixed them, so it could be a registry/driver issue.