Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

right now I've been having the most success with Bison despite still being new with his poo poo. right now I'm mostly using his EX ball to pressure people with dash-ins and using Vtrigger to set up mixups, but what else is considered a main strategy on how to play him? I never know when to use Inferno, can that hit as an anti-air?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

didn't know Alex was jewish before street fighter 5 gave him those weird payots.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

dangerdoom volvo posted:

They have a story mode with character specific ending and some fights for every character. its basically arcade mode. actually its literally arcade mode

you'd have to have brain damage to consider that "story mode" as anything worthwhile besides a cheap way to get some fight points and poo poo. I don't know what they were thinking with that.

Survival mode is really bad. yes I'd like to waste 30 minutes doing 50 to 100 battles with the offchance the AI suddenly does desk combo and flattens that effort in a second. all for just 2 or 3 colors, god save us.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

sf could learn a lot from mkx. maybe if they have guest characters like freddy kreuger or bayonetta then they could make as much monies as MKX, a successful award winning fighting game, did.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

interrodactyl posted:

You can already play Ryu and Bayonetta in a superior game known as super smash bros for the wii u

that's true. in fact I'd prefer they take all 16 original characters from SSF2T and make a smash bros game with them. just make them all like ryu with easy scrub moves but also skilled moves. it'd be the best smash bros game ever.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

wait so money store not being up means you cant buy Alex unless you have a zillion fight points??? wtf???

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that music is loving weird as hell but I'm diggin it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

so they made his hair somewhat better or is that version just for his alt?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Alex looks like T.Hawk's cousin or something, it's disconcerting. Why would you keep the better hair for the alt and leave the chunky strands for the normal, god drat son

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I love goth Necalli, Freddie Birdie, WWE Mika and Gief, and Young Karin. Maybe it's just me but 90's Alex looks better than his horrible Chief Thunder French fry poo poo. Laura's costume is an improvement I guess but not by much.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dias posted:

Sexy bare midriff pajama Alex.

this has to be the worst alt costume of the lot. besides of course brazzers laura

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I still don't understand why alex is barefoot

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I hope that Classic Alex is real but at the same time if it is, I cannot loving believe they didn't go with that design over the hunchback fryhead one on default. "pay more for nonhideous Alex"

edit: nvm apparently it's a modder. sad how a guy modded a better one in a few hours over a model that was months in development lol

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 29, 2016

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I still can't believe they want you to pay for new stages, jesus loving christ

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is there a logical reason why stages are banned for non-smash bros games, how much more vanilla and boring can they possibly make this game. also it's July and there's still no normal VS modes, jesus christ

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm actually all for banning Training Stage, I hated seeing that grid all day for MVC3 matches.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Willing to bet Vs CPU is just "fight training dummy but now you can lose" as opposed to a real arcade mode with difficulty settings lol.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's still insane to me that this game makes you buy loving stages

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is the patch live yet

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

did VS CPU for practice and set it to 5 so I could scale up. most characters are on "normal" for that except Bison who for some reason knows how to do hosed up ridiculous combos, pretty funny

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

p. cool how akuma decided to lend his services to a bad game out of charity but still managed to be in a good game in 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gonna laugh if loving helen is the "New" character instead of something rad like notorious fake character Eisbahn

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

what was even the point giving her 2 names, what is this Blazblue

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

https://twitter.com/thealexvalle/status/861748487062523904

Sure this company sucks rear end, but imagine......if they kind of sucked less rear end?????

yeah imagine paying like $140 for a 30 character roster

not gonna lie, all those characters would be great but LOL if that dude seriously thinks this would ever be real. Instead Capcom will put Rashid's bodyguard and Decapre in the next character pack.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I wouldnt wish this game on any of those characters

I think he forgot Evil Ryu and Violent Ken

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

The worst part is Capcom is basing how much they'll support the Switch on the success of USF2, so expect lots of flimsy excuses as to why there's no Monster Hunter for Switch in the future

lol that would be the emptiest threat in history. As if Capcom will hold a portable Monster Hunter hostage---it's the IP that practically keeps them alive. They'd be insane to not put another one on Switch.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Arcade Mode being a new feature like a year and a half after a fighting game is released in 2017 is amazing

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if SFV wanted a stupid fatman that badly they could have just put Rufus in the game instead of transplanting his personality and eating habits onto Birdie

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

capcom tries to implement a Potemkin-esque character in their game with hilarious results

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

every time I see this pic I get sad that SNK could not afford to make the newest KOF as nice as this

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

should have just put Rose in this but this character looks pretty great. Wish the basic costume had the 3rd costume's longer hair because that helmethead looks ridiculous.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

So what's the Over/Under on Arcade Edition? Is it the shot in the arm SFV needed? I wonder if this will be the thing that brings people back into the game.

Also, can someone reccommend me some quick ways to build up Fight Money? I am currently at 58,000 and I finished story mode, and I'd like to quickly get 40,000 more to purchase Sakura when she comes out.

it'll probably make them a fair bit of money and fans again but the playerbase injection will def take a solid nosedive the following week when DBfighterZ comes out.

Jack Trades posted:

Everyone remembers this, right?

Laura's model is so loving egregious in both ingame and story art even compared to the rest of the women that it borders on clownishly bad

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

one thing I hate is that it seems there's just no explanation for Triggers/Skills in the movelist. I haven't played a bunch of the new characters like Alex and having no real description for Rage poo poo is stupid as gently caress. I liked Injustice 2 at least telling me what a skill did.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

had the flu yesterday so decided to do something low energy like actually go through the SFV Shadow Falls story mode

can now confirm that I'd have rather Capcom spent the time and budget doing literally anything loving else to improve the game instead of that worthless poo poo. there's just no way they can touch what Tekken and NRS games can do.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Juri over Dhalsim/Ryu/Ken?????

Also why is Zeku bad, Menat ranked so high? what a weird list. Wonder if we're actually gonna see Abigail in Top 8s

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I thought Vega having a command throw and changing his izuna drop to a dp motion would be neato but instead all I do is constantly gently caress up and confuse his slicer and roll moves with the clawchange stance. it's just loving weird and I have no idea why he needs a stance change just to do one thing or another.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Stance characters are cool but vegas stances both suck hard

maybe they can bring back Makoto as a stance character who has now learned Oro's power

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd like finals with more diversity than Akuma/Karin/Guile/Cammy so I hope more pros figure out characters like Zeku, Ed, or Urien

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

watching Japan EVO and i'm gonna say Abigail will be getting nerfed to poo poo soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's depressing how hard Max is in denial about these poo poo Capcom games, especially MVCI for which he made a whole sad video about what it did wrong (i.e. everything)