Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

OH MY loving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

General Morden posted:

irrefutable proof that sf5 is the superior game

buddy can't u read. gg has a little green thumbs up.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Lauras bad but I don't know if shes amane bad.

But even he has a better gimmick. And in theory better normals.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

That lupe vs Daigo match tho.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Brosnan posted:

You guys know "SFVServer" isn't a real Capcom Twitter account, right?

It wouldn't be easy to tell considering like 1 of their accounts are verified

https://twitter.com/capcomfighters?lang=en
https://twitter.com/capcom_unity
https://twitter.com/StreetFighter

Also unity, (the only verified one) retweets them, and has been posting useful info at least since the beta and the random stress tests.
I'm thinking it might be just poorly done (just like sfv)

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 23, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Brosnan posted:

Yeah apparently I'm wrong bc I thought the "sorry guys the servers are down indefinitely" tweet was an obvious troll, turns out Capcom is actually that bad at their jobs.

You have more faith in capcom than I.

They try though, you can give them that,

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I don't understand why they wouldn't make an expensive extra life every 10 rounds or something.

A good chunk of the options are retarded nonsense. "LOL HERES 10 TIMES THE POINTZZZZZZ IF U DONT DIE IN WUN HIT"
"NOW U CAN'T BE STUNNED, BECAUSE IF YOU'RE HIT ENOUGH TO BE STUNNED YOU'RE TOTALLY NOT DEAD"

The mode would have actually been fun if the upgrades cost more but stacked, like when blazeblue did it or like MOM or something.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I like her design fine now tbh.

I really would have liked cammy in pants this time though.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I always preferred Latif over wolfkrone as an sf4 viper.

It felt like wolfkrone played safe while latif was like always showing off.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Yes because everyone needs to blonde even the Brazilian girl.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I know he's a pro player but for zangief troubles watch snake eyes.
http://www.twitch.tv/snake_eyez_
I even think Bison has trouble against him because zangief can kinda get a hit and just chill out and wait for you to do something (unless you just mash cr.lp a lot i guess)

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

General Morden posted:

sf5 only sold 42,000 physical copies in its first week in japan

ok folks pack up your bags game's dead

Don't they generally prefer poo poo in arcades anyhow?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Baal posted:

These are both better than the actual Laura

you mean https://www.google.com/search?q=bac...me+girl&imgrc=_

Anyway they use these for costumes down the line anyhow you'll get your dark skin anime girl laura.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I still stand firmly by bisons ex moves being not only some of the best in game but usually better than a super, and his super is loving good because it can be used on air or ground and combos after a ton.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

While I don't think this game is bad ( oh but its definitely unfinished as gently caress), i feel like i havent had much reason to play it.

As bad as amane is he's more interesting to play than most of the characters here, too bad BBS basically dead atm (also lol at like maybe having 2 advantageous matchups, I don't know when but bang became so bad for him that you literally can't use any kind of oki, well besides one, on bang who already out mixes you up by the virtue of actually have an overhead) Everyone besides bison in this game feels not quite finished to me.

Why hasn't capcom added music selection in all these years by the way?

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 26, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Faffel posted:

They're going to have to bring in someone from SF4. Maybe Akuma will make it in and he becomes Oni during vtrigger. Let's do that.

fuerte blanka dee jay

the gently caress online pack

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I'm upset because I had the gif ready and didn't see anyone post it until you.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Make sure not to miss the little bit of jiggle ryus booty gets

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

this game is pretty

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 28, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

if capcom s smart they'll sell ryu as alternate costumes for everyone.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Cams I know you hate sfv and laura but here i guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-0_89rYaYY

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

the gguys who is making all these ryu thingies is in this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1188176&page=190

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

betterinsodapop posted:

So uh... everybody online is playing Ken, huh? It's gotta be 90%.

You didn't play vanilla sf4 then im guessing?

it was closer to 99.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

sf4 had the most intuitive unlock system.

Fight with them, unlock color/ taunt alternating.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

Except the character unlock system. That was bad.

I guess im thinking of every version of sf4 past the first? There were no character unlocks.

That was something to bolster vanilla, and the unlocks worked on all difficulties and 1 round IIRC so it wasn't hard

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I remember how I kept defending this game, bought it early, and I'm like the only one in this thread not playing it.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

http://imgur.com/a/CPlne

all very good.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

It's not that hard to sign out

please don't defend lovely decisions, because this actually has stopped some people from completing lovely survival too.

it's a lovely design. Please don't defend poo poo design.
There is nothing collected from local that needs to be put online.

if people want a replay, the ps4 has a share function built in and the pc can record in more ways than this game has characters.

I doubt they're earning fight money from local vs and there is no good reason for the character leveling system to begin with. It's like points in mario.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bison has a very good v-skill and v-reversal.

He's good but he's also just all round compete.

I feel like people almost over gush over him (and he's really good) as much as they underestimate birdie, who also has a poo poo load of good tools, but just has to stay in your head.

Those two build v skills easiest without just getting hit and have decent health to take some hits (bisons works on any attack not just fireballs, just gotta practice timing, and birdies bannas and cans should be used a ton, one of the few things that people in game have to block on wakeup when timed right), have multiple neutral defensive options and pretty decent oki and screwy normal tricks.

Bisons movement is hard to get used to but not bad.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Mar 3, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Baal posted:

This game got really boring really fast

BINGO

I was bored on beta #3.

Something about sf lends it self to shorter bursts than anime games for me.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Bison is really, really stupidly ridiculous now people are figuring out how to play him.

He's not that difficult. He just has some set ups that people weren't bothering with due to lusting after his super (which is also very good.)
Very good fireball too.

Ex inferno + vtrigger activate is nasty

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Unless you're playing for money, play what you loving like.

I've been playing blaze blue and xrd instead of this game and somehow both actually have people playing, hell I've even had fun.

The only thing that changes is the number of people who are entirely poo poo just dramatically decreases as the games life goes on.

There is no perfect fighter and having your standards set at good = I have fun and few things in this experience of an overall game ruin that.

The issue is you guys are having a jaded old fighting gamer discussion in a thread full of people asking basic poo poo, because they just casually are jumping into fighters and don't understand at all what you're bitching about.
It's not common in life to enjoy things and hate them, and there's more of a problem in you if you can't connect that not everyone you speak to will have that magic number of years playing to understand FGC bad, vs gaming at large bad vs good.

I even get what you guys are saying and still find this poo poo agitating.

Edit- as for 'well only me and x people in x area play'
online sf5 the only thing that changes is the number of matches you have where you're entirely wiping the floor with some 12 year old kid who doesn't understand why sometimes his fireball turns into an srk.

If you go to locals, thats a different discussion and fair but you've gotta directly mention the population, not at all clear to dudes who aren't familiar with much besides sf.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 6, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I do like the thread you kinda have to realize how terrible the last like 2 pages are.

Im here for ryu slapping his butt.
(i could mourn kof 13's online but lol with that netcode...)

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

oddly i'm in camp dissatisfied with the game, but not because of technical things, but mostly being shipped an unfinished game.

I'm cool with whats here from a technical point and will always play multiple games, but I really wish there were meat, 3 person lobbies and juri.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 6, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Just to reiterate.

Fighting game community bad isn't the same bad like superman 64 and it's going over a lot of your heads.

Its like when a fighter is serviceable or fun but has stupid things that usually polarize gameplay toward that thing at a certain level of play and beyond.

Like DHC glitch in marvel 3 vanilla.

There's also just things not being as good as they could.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Out of all the things chun li is, i'd never list her on the fun to play as side.

She's about as fun to play as as vega in this game,(and I'd say vegas pretty eh in this game fun wise, but good) kinda one trick. And if 'fun' is winning theres no need to use 2 axis

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I hope johnny is toned down just a touch before revalator on console, if he's as retarded as I've heard.

Retarded good sword characters make it so that you fight 90% them online. (well gordeau doesn't have a sword, so edgy trench coats too, edgy trench coat and sword? jeez)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I don't really see the need for alex, Birdie Mika Laura zangief are already a spectrum of grappler types.

But i'm just upset because there is no viper or poison and we dont know where juri is coming in this 6 months.