Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

odd finding with necalli.

If you do his sweep, and follow it up with any button press as it recovers it moves you forward quite a bit.
In the training room if you just mash sweep you can move from one corner to the other in mabye 12sweeps.

Not sure if anyone can find a use for this.... but if you do a sweep, and follow it up with a standing MP it extends the range of that MP by alot.

the best use I could find was wiff a sweep before their wakeup, and do command throw. it gives you Ken's throw range from 4 almost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

I feel like not too long ago I read a page that described the way to best reduce input lag on pc. Something about disabling stuff in a .ini file. And running gsync monitor.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? I just got a new fancy monitor and I'd like to reduce it the best I can

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

this game broke me.
The badness was so powerful it has caused me to uninstall all fighting games.

Maybe now I can learn piano or something. Put these finger puzzles to better use.

....anyone want to play SF4?

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

I tried to get back into this game last night/today

The game runs like dogcrap on my computer.
I have a Nvidia 1080 and i7 8700k. Normally I run every game in 3440x1440 ultra graphics no problem

I get stuttering FPS even on medium graphics.between 30-,60fps
I tried playing with some Nvidia settings, but I couldn't get it to work well.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thinking of just playing another game at this point.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Ryuga Death posted:

Go to Nvidia Control Panel, then Manage 3D settings, Program Settings, find the SF5 executable to modify settings for, scroll down to Power Management Mode, select the "Prefer Maximum Performance" and then apply the settings.

Il try this when I get home.
I was enjoying my day 0 kage play.
Pretending to be evil Ryu is somewhat fun.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Can't believe I have to benchmark against a 5 year old game.

Anyone have suggestions on who I should try and main?

My execution is "okay", in sf4 I mained balrog with a pocket Eryu and Honda.
I think I liked the explosiveness of Eryu if you landed a mk fireball FADC.
I liked the footsies of balrog/Honda.

I'm trying to learn kage, and Im not disliking it. But I feel like something is missing.
I think I just miss FADC in some sick way.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Sestze posted:

I suggest you join New Challenger, it's a good discord with links to other character discord, tech documents, and free coaching for SFV and other fighting games.

I also committed some stuff I know about various characters to my dropbox. It's far from optimal in some cases, but provides a decent starting point

Love the notes.
Thanks for the discord advise, il join that tonight.

Did you main chun in sf4? I recognize the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

I believe you were the first goon to add me on steam to run sets with like 100 years ago. I barely understood how to DP. I think I lost 200 matches before I took a round