Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Capcom is just trying to get as many people to quit as possible so their server can handle whoever's left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

A Cup of Ramen posted:

As someone who also lives in Australia I disagree with this, I have plenty of fun playing against people in the US and UK in a bunch of fighting games and besides the lag is our greatest weapon if you master it. :colbert:

Judging from the fact that every Australian flag that joins my UK flag lobby readies up immediately before getting booted, Ozzies have never looked at a map before, or just don't care about the 400ms difference.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

cams posted:

battle lobby having chat makes people think i'm hanging around to make friends or some poo poo. ready up or get out. i don't need your "GOOD GAME. YOU'RE TOUGH. THE STRUGGLE. DEVOUR OUR OUR."

you need to 5-0 someone and use the "Well done!" line to get the full lobby experience.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

keithy george posted:

It's noisy when it gets loud, but maybe that's just why I notice the processor speeding up. People have reported it gets really demanding around that screen on PC as well

I'd like the game to support overlays like everything else does. I can't see my fps or temps like I do with HWinfo for other games.

I did a FT3 and logged the temps and cpu/gpu usage, the GPU is used a lot but my CPU doesn't get too much stress.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

https://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/702651929743077377

Wonder if they're actually doing balance changes, I remember combofiend saying something like beta 4 and release would be pretty different.

I still think some characters might need a little extra atm.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I like crush-counter anti-airs. Playing gief, landing crush counters not only from jumps, but also character specific stuff like mika charged dropkick, mash memesault and birdie leap-grabs is really satisfying. The damage from bolshoi is also really nice for punishing jumps. I was so used to SF4 anti-airs basically doing nothing for so long.

https://a.pomf.cat/psrgay.webm

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I had trouble with laura fireballs until I found you can just kick her in her stupid face, even if it looks like the fireball is already out.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Capcom finally seems to have listed the ports for CFN.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/support/faq/platform_ps4_sfv_0100678.html

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Mechafunkzilla posted:

It does feel like pretty big disadvantage for chars with throw supers. In my opinion R. Mika and Gief should be able to chip out with the mic and flex from their V-skills :colbert:

I'm reasonably certain gief can keep absorbing things with v-skill, hp and ex bear grab, even at zero health.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I think it's really really dumb that lobbies don't give you anything, and you have to go through the really lovely FT1 ranked or casual modes to get a penny of fight money. I barely touch either and play nothing but FT5 with randoms or friends, but I can't even afford a single story mode costume yet with the dosh I have.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Anyone got any ideas for the Zangief vs Dhalsim match? I've been trying v-skill to counter pokes, but the damage I get from it is so low and grey regens so slowly, I don't think it's a legit tactic. Other than pressing mk and sweep just outside mp / hp range, I'm not really sure about what you're supposed to do against things like teleport on wakeup and general dhalsim play/

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Can't make lobbies anymore, battle lounge in general seems to be broken, thanks for rushing your game Capcom.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Gunder posted:

I wish Zangief was easier to learn, he's the coolest character on the roster by far, but he feels really difficult compared to Ryu. I guess scrubs aren't meant to play Zangief. :(

Edit: Is there an easy way to do 720s? I always have to jump in.

Been trying to pick him up for a few days, and one of the biggest problems I've had versus good players is trying to get around long pokes, such as from Karin, Dhalsim, Chun, etc. I've found that lariat might be useful when someone tries walking in to press their longest button. I had more luck with that than with something like v-skill, charged hp or mk at least. I never really played grapplers much in SF4, so picking him up is sort of hard.

https://a.pomf.cat/bipmiy.webm

https://a.pomf.cat/dqrotb.webm

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Bisse posted:

For being a multiplayer game the multiplayer features sure suck rear end, it takes me between 1 to 10 minutes to find a ranked game, and battle lobbies would be great if I could EVER successfully join any of them.

I was able to host lobbies just fine until somewhere around Saturday evening. Made a new one after playing some random guy and I was met with the 'disconnected from battle lounge' message, and I still get that if I try now. Weirdly, I've joined a couple of lobbies where the owner eventually leaves (and I then become the host), and people join just fine. Don't get booted back to main menu or anything. I guess something isn't going through to CFN when I try to host myself now. At least I can still join lobbies because I don't like playing FT1 ranked or casual at all. Barely touched either of those modes because of how lovely they are.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Just make the lobbies more than barely functional. Set rank limits, set region limits (and make them better than just limiting to country), fix lobby searches not giving any info on region or bars, implement ping instead of bars in general, let us actually write what we want instead of 95% useless preset sentences, let us message people over CFN, remove all the dead lobbies that fill up searches and take forever to be removed.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Several weeks since release and most of the online features are still amazingly lovely, this is going to stop being a hassle and start being a problem pretty soon.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Ignore the poison if you're talking about v-skill, it does about 50 damage if it runs out completely. I literally play against FANG by pretending that poison doesn't even exist, because it may as well not.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Not only do lobbies not show names or flags half the time now, you also can't kick someone who doesn't have their flag/name show. I'm assuming the original host tried to kick me after 3 wins, but he gave up and left. Now I get 3< bars joining who I can't kick at all!

I also can't host my own lobbies, and the only way for be to be a host is to join another lobby and have them leave, like what has happened here.

This online gets worse and worse.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Get outta my lobby you fuckin dumbass, I can't kick you and I can't host.

Fix ur lovely-rear end lobbies capcom jesus fuckin christ.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I stopped using gief mk when I saw how long his hurtbox sticks out for (3 active frames and like 13 frames where his massive hurtbox sticks out).

https://a.pomf.cat/iwcoxl.webm

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Bison is really, really stupidly ridiculous now people are figuring out how to play him.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Revelant posted:

Here a question.

My region is pretty much isolated from the world being Southern Africa. So I never get matchups with overseas regions which is fine because it would be a laggy mess.
However I have pretty much added most of this regions players to my favourites (80+ players , some active and some not too much ) so we can game, and I can see what they are doing. edit: god the favorite section sucks

Now when I play ranked all I seem to get is the same 3 players all the time. But when I look in my favourites I see that other players I have never played are also playing ranked. Yet I never get games with them.

If its a connection issue with all these players that would make sense , however I doubt so many people in my region have a bad connection when alot of them I play CS with.

Now since my region doesn't have many players, matched with me, I have only managed to get to 1900LP. Does having this ranking limit me from players who are lower ( I say lower because I have yet to fight anyone in my region with a higher rating than me ).

I have opened all my ports for the game and for steam. I have had games against PC and PS4. So its not that.

Anyone else having issues like this?
Seems like I am missing a whole bunch of opponents in ranked.

Edit: The last opponent I fought 18 times in a row, over 2 days.

From what I've read, this is a NAT issue. If you have a router from your ISP (like a technicolor), then it really doesn't get along with how SFV is currently pitting players together. Like, if you're in NAT 1, then you'll only get matched against people in NAT 1. It doesn't seem to matter for those technicolor's if you forward ports or not.

Or it could just be your region has very few players. When I had the problem, matches took half an hour to find and I didn't get much of a variety of people. I just got a new router and SFV (and Fightcade) work fine now.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Dracula Factory posted:

I like Zangief my favorite part of Zangief is slamming them on they are heads. I need to start buffering a 360 everytime I jump because I'm not landing enough air SPDs.

Landing a non-ex air spd is really fun.

https://a.pomf.cat/heuhys.webm

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Lobbies are broke again, it's actually really easy to rank up with gief in FT1's because people aren't used to all my running bear reset gimmicks.

Fix the drat lobbies capcom I hate ranked.

edit: after I beat the last guy, the game logged me in as him. What the gently caress man, I like this game, but the technical issues are getting too much.

rednecked_crake fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 6, 2016

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

A big part of the reason why I'm mostly playing this lately is simply because of the sheer number of people playing. Even though the battle lounges are totally broken, I can still find a reasonably competent random European, or ask someone on my FL, pretty quickly.

Xrd is getting to the point where you need to ask IRC / Discord / FL to get any decent matches. Most randoms are honestly terrible and I don't like beating on them.

At one point I was trying to get matches of AC+r and any KoF game by just having them all open on my other monitor and waiting for a single person with a playable connection to join.

I'd play other games if there was anyone playing them, but it's just a chore finding people.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

teagone posted:

No locals for you?

I started going to one last month and played usf4, but now they're all switching to SFV and I only have a 360 / PC stick.

Not really interested in spending £70+ pound on a stick that I'll only be using once a fortnight.

The only other games for 360 are 3rd strike and super turbo, and I'm not really interested in going out to play 1 dude in ST, unless it's while I'm waiting for a match of sf4 / sf5.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I'm still playing with this random richiro french guy's name.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

boblemoche posted:

Oh, it's Richiro from my town, the guy used to run a local fighting games association named La Dose. He used to play a pretty good Fei in USF4, it's weird seeing him play Gief.

I'm playing Gief, I beat his Ryu in ranked yesterday and now I'm stuck using his name.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I really like it when I play against Laura's who don't know they can't charge fireballs in neutral.

https://a.pomf.cat/dbvbfo.webm

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Can Dhalsim just wake up teleport backwards? Is that really a thing? Is the only way to beat it to grab it on the first frame that it comes out, or hope you have something fast and far reaching that punishes it?

https://a.pomf.cat/hvyaqd.webm

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

right now I've been having the most success with Bison despite still being new with his poo poo. right now I'm mostly using his EX ball to pressure people with dash-ins and using Vtrigger to set up mixups, but what else is considered a main strategy on how to play him? I never know when to use Inferno, can that hit as an anti-air?

Day 1 strat is dash in throw. When they start reacting to the dash and try to jab, you do dash in hk for the crush counter and 30%+ damage.

Do his command normal HP after a back throw, you'll hit them or crush counter them if they try anything.

You are plus on so much, you're going to force the opponent to block while you fish for counter-hits.

Inferno is only for hit-confirms, it's an easy punish when blocked, cr.hp is your main anti-air.

V-trigger after a slide to make it safe, or after scissors to extend your combos.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Battle Lobbies seem 100% hosed, can't even get a list of new lobbies any more. Just an old list of the same people whose lobbies have long since been closed.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I like stuffing nash players attempts at wakeup v-trigger when they're in the corner, or just pressing cr.hp because they always just teleport in the air.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

The worst thing about lobbies is when some no-name guy comes in with a 2-bar connection, instantly uses the "Let's have a great match!" line and never leaves. You can't kick them because of the no-name bug and the only time I can host a lobby is when someone else leaves theirs.

Why do these people not understand basic latency.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/10/new-character-alex-and-sfv-update-details

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

2/3 ranked being opt-in doesn't make sense.... why would you run it back after winning game 1? No sense risking that sweet LP

pussy

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

The game was unplayable for like 2 days after launch. Battle Lounges didn't work consistently for a week. Just 2 days ago lounges went down entirely for a whole day.

They still don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Lack of single player features maybe?

Supposedly not very many people bothered with online in MKX.

I can't remember where the figures are now, but Blizzard spoke on starcraft 2 a while ago and they explained that a tiny percentage of people even touched the online versus modes. The vast majority just played campaign alone or beat th AI with other people.

Corbeau posted:

Worked fine for our group tonight.

I never have a name or flag, I can't make lobbies, I have no idea where people are in searches because no bars or flags. I doubt many people like me are willing to keep searching and joining random lobbies until they eventually find someone on the same continent. Hope they work fine by patch day.