Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

I think hes top tier, but also kind of easy to play. I guess if you want to look at him vs Chun and Dhalsim as being the top tier trio right now(Maybe Nash too), Dhalsim and Chun take a lot of work meanwhile Bison has some of the best normals in the game and pretty drat easy combos that do OBSCENE damage, since he has no walk speed you don't really play a movement based game, you sort of just threaten by being a brick wall. His df+HP is really long range and crush counters while moving him forward to setup free very easy confirm combos, its a slow startup move BUT not so slow you can react by stuffing the startup that way you can to something like Mikas dropkick and it leaves him +1 on block, this has a lot of implications in making him "easy" to play since theres really no counterplay except to stay in his face, but just like dhalsim its hard to truly threaten ppl in this game with mash jab/throw + v-reversal right now lol. I dont play him so I don't know what his weakness would be, I guess his lack of good AA buttons

This is pretty accurate. He also doesn't have any invincible reversals, nor does he have anything that comes out in 3 frames, so he can struggle under good pressure as well. He's definitely a good character, but I don't think he's far and away the best. Chun and Sim are definitely hanging out in the same category.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Pomp posted:

pc still down gently caress off

Yeah, it's scheduled to be down until midnight PST.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

darealkooky posted:

Every single time I check player matches there's multiple rooms open, even at odd times like monday morning.

Is your issue that you play ranked like a fool?

He may just be a PC player. I'm assuming it's a lot easier to find poo poo on PS4 than PC these days.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

SFV really does get worse by the second, huh?

Eh, it's not really worse because I don't think anyone is too surprised about dumb new costumes or stages. It's just kinda wallowing.

Edit: poo poo, didn't realize the colors would be exclusive, just thought the bundle was. Disregard the above, poo poo's dumb as hell.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Partial Octopus posted:

Yeah. lIke two characters. Fei and Rose come to mind. Plinking made 1-frame links super easy anyway. Even unplinkable ones weren't that hard with some practice.
If anything the SJC's with Viper were way harder than links.

Bison had a pretty important one too

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Supposedly, the rootkit thing has been fixed.

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/779484129012310016

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Pomp posted:

still doesn't delete the file, lol

Yeah, unfortunately you need to update, restart, and then remove Capcom.sys from System32. It's obnoxious, but there might not be a way for Steam to handle uninstalling from that directory anyways.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

SectumSempra posted:

Capcom is literally turning their game into a virus and people are still defending.

They also literally un-turned it into a virus. I know melodrama is fun, but it does get boring after a while.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

He'll be playable at the Playstation Experience, hopefully means his release isn't too far beyond that

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

We Know Catheters posted:

I was testing Urein's usual combo in the corner and it was having issues, could be because of the moving background messing up timing. Also, I love this stupid game.

If you're talking about his fireball/tackle juggles, those always have different timings in the corner on any stage.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

It's just a weird shitpost gimmick of Jack Trades in this thread, as far as I know.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

is urien good enough for a top 8 showing or are we gonna see all nash and chun with a token vega and shoto again?

i would like to see infiltration lose to someone with a lot of heart at cpt. or see him utterly dominate again and throw out more sick burns. either is good.

I don't expect him to show up in the CPT finals, but I think that's more a function of his newness than anything else. RB has been doing incredible things with Urien.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

I'm still having fun with this game, but it's mostly because Urien is incredibly fun to play. He has good walkspeed, excellent pokes and buttons that feel good, and aegis setups are actually pretty easy to pickup (the resets are much more difficult, of course).

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Zand posted:

4 is a bad game but top level play was consistently entertaining at least

5 doesn't even have that

I've actually found recent top level play to be really fun to watch. There's definitely been some more diversity in cast and new styles in the last few premier events.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

mango sentinel posted:

CapCup is making me hype and SFV is $20 on PSN because of the Keighleys. Someone remind me to not give Capcom money.

Game is fun if you play the fun characters. I'd say it's worth a 20 at this point

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2016/12/03/akuma-the-master-of-the-fist-is-coming-to-street-fighter-v

Some details on VStuff for him:

V-Skill: Rakan
Akuma strikes a defensive stance and similar to Ryu’s Mind’s Eye, can parry an incoming attack. He can follow-up the move with an upward kick or a long reaching palm strike.

V-Trigger: Dohatsu Shoten
Akuma powers up and envelops his body with ki to enter Dohatsu Shoten mode. In this mode, his Gohadokens are more powerful, now able to travel full-screen and he can unleash two in the air even while jumping backwards. Additionally, when he lands his Goshoryuken attack, he follows-up and violently drives his opponents into the ground.

Also, his critical art is only available in V-Trigger, so I'm guessing it'll be a Necalli style permanent one. There's also a classic costume for those who hate the new look:

He's out Dec 20th

Edit: Nvm, he has two critical arts. One in V-trigger, one not.

CaptCommy fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 3, 2016

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Pomp posted:

also lol @ nerfing the only character who runs a passable rushdown game in this shitpile

Yeah, except for Urien, Ken, Necalli, and Cammy.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Dias posted:

It was also one of the few interesting things in this game.

It was interesting in that it was something new to a SF game, sure. It wasn't interesting in practice because it's rarely the wrong choice and didn't have a lot of counterplay. Plus, it's not like they're getting rid of it entirely. Just toning it down a bit.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Just came here to post that FANG change. That sounds super fun and cool.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Dias posted:

I like dumb lion Akuma, I don't give a gently caress. :colbert:

Same, lion Akuma is great.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Trying to find a second source, but I saw someone tweeting about Ibuki switching to a 2-bar VT, which would be crazy good for her.

https://twitter.com/MrSpab/status/805193779116437504

Edit: More Bison changes that all sound real good. https://twitter.com/discovigilante/status/805191371875184640

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

This will surely placate Jack Trades!

https://twitter.com/WL_ChrisKing/status/805196121207291904

Oh, and Alex can get meaningful damage of c.LK now

https://twitter.com/NinjaNam15/status/805190740556951552

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

A.o.D. posted:

There's something about this Akuma design that bothers me, but I just can't put my finger on it

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Hey look, they added a cool new thing.

https://twitter.com/arlieth/status/805219510546333696

More vega:
https://twitter.com/arlieth/status/805221652078338048

Guile also going to 2-bar VT:
https://twitter.com/WL_ChrisKing/status/805221101198397440

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

"These 5 characters will be new to the street fighter universe"

Not at all what I was expecting. Interesting

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

There are dozens of us! I'm so hoping at some point they can find the time to fix the UX stuff (bad menus, loading times, training options not saving) because that's egregiously bad. But I think the actual fighting part is totally fine and good

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Agoat posted:

I haven't kept up with the season 2 changes but if looks like they nerfed the entire cast

The two characters I play (Urien, Dictator) seem to have gotten nothing but buffs. Like, Urien got some crazy ones (including a crossup on j.LK) that I didn't even think he really needed.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Carew posted:

I went through about half the list and saw a poo poo ton of nerfs for everybody. Good game

There's so many actual things to complain about with this game, why do people need to go straight towards this disingenuous poo poo posting?

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

people are saying rog, urien, guile, and even ibuki might be the real deal this year (ok, only mike ross is saying ibuki lol)

Infiltration has been playing a ton of Juri too.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

mango sentinel posted:

PlayStation controllers work on PC through DirectInput API.

SFV only recognises XInput.

They actually added DirectInput support in the season 2 patch. My PS3 stick works fine now

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Jmcrofts posted:

I'm overall pretty happy with the changes (mostly because they're undoing a lot of the s2 changes that I hated) but there's also some dumb stuff. I don't think Guile and Urien should be nerfed, they're powerful and interesting characters and the rest of the cast should be brought to that level. Also I hate that they made ken's b+mk overhead -4 to be in line with the rest of the cast, rather than making the rest of the cast's command overheads NOT punishable on block, you know like every other street fighter game in existence.

I liked the Urien changes well enough. He's still going to be a very strong character, they've just gotten rid of a few of his more brainless options.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Keegers posted:

I have a feeling this might be the end of the street fighter. 5 is a hot pile of garbage and I doubt the community will support a 6.

Pretty sure people will buy anything that's got Street Fighter on the box.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Holy poo poo they figured out how to save training mode settings.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Was the white hoodie really that great idgi

No, but he had a little more character than yet another slab of beef. Variety is cool

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

darealkooky posted:

strekken has the base framework for a really great game

Does it? Nothing I've ever seen has indicated it could really be anything but mediocre. Like, my impression has been it combines some of the worst parts of a tekken tag game with SF stuff and that even before some of the more degenerate stuff was found, I didn't hear anyone raving about it being fun to play.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Okay, this is pretty good.

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/887810769236054016

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

In Training posted:

Remember when multiple "sources" swore up and down that Capcom was going to release a Super version of V for free that made it a lot more fun to play and dramatically increased the roster size?

I mean, the rumors I saw was that this would be announced after Capcom Cup, so it might still be happening?

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Night Blade posted:

Played some more tonight but every single match I got was just a lag poo poo mountain.

On the plus side, I discovered I can actually do double quarter motions just fine on my fanta stick so I guess I'm STICKING... with stick...

Remember when Balrog counted? That was cool. They should bring it back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjcz1KUXGZM

Pretty sure he still shouts numbers for TAP

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Double Bill posted:

I disagree about Blanka, he's not bad at all and about as interesting as that stupid loving character can be.

Yeah, he's still Blanka but it's the most interesting version of Blanka I've ever seen. Watchin Valle play him at Evo was p rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hi I wanted to ask if anything ever happened with Gill or if he's been forgotten.

Story mode ended with a stinger teasing him and then he was never mentioned again so I assume he died off camera or something.

I mean, this game takes place before SF3 in the timeline, so I don't think he wandered off to die after the SF5 story