Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
low fireball would only travel 30% of the screent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Street Fighter V: SAME AS IT EVER WAS SAME AS IT EVER WAS SAME AS IT EVER WAS

Street Fighter V: this is not my beautiful wife

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
necro but limbs are all -20 with full hurtbox extensions during recovery

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zand posted:

Wassup meigns....for those of ya's that dont know what meign means... then u gotta check out the rooms me and the fellow IRC'ers kick at... (sf3,gamenation,and now vfhome) I play all the most popular fighting games such as SF,VF,MK,KoF,Tekken,etc. I work and play at Southern Hills Golfland in Stanton,California...ahem not LA but OC. I loove the competition so if ur in town and wanna challenge or just wanna kick it, ask for me at Golfland. I've been playin the SF series since classic but started tournament play on the Alpha series. I started Tekken since part 2 and lost my first but won my second tourney on Tekken3. As for VF3, I'm learnin it as u read this!! So if ya could.. pleez email me any suggestions, tips, hints, cheats, or other kinda help on VF3. Well meigns...i'm outzzz. Shout outs go to all TCP's (Team Cali Players) and all other East/West Coast players that keep video games fun and competitive. Latezzz alex valle

okay

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Goodpart posted:

If you land a counterpoke with Ed you can't do anything afterwards because all of his specials have lovely range

Why

W h y

No fun allowed

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zand posted:

so as far as hyper fighting goes, I tried playing this and there is too much cheap and unfun things. ryu has too little recovery on fireball and he can do hurricane legs in the air. one hit takes off so much life and I can't do a v reversal to escape this infinite fireball pressure from sagat. and grab is one button that's shared with my strongest moves, wtf

do NOT play this hyper fighter bullshit. this guy is trying to trick you. I looked it up after and it turns out this poo poo is just a romhack made by some disgruntled capcom USA employees and the Japanese people all hated it (not surprising)

How am I even supposed to get past zoning???

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ryus previously unknown sister

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Looks like the new capcom talking point is how "creative" you can be in mvci

If theres any truth to that all i hear is "this game will be broken wide open in 3 days and we wont patch anything for 6 months at best"

creative=time stone is custom combos

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ROFL Octopus posted:

Or even redesigns. After Akuma I don't want to see what Capcom would do to Sagat or Sakura.

Q isn't going to wear the trenchcoat or the mask

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

anime was right posted:

q is going to wear the mask but only to hide the shame of his hideous capcom-qualtiy sfv face

his face will clip through the mask

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Hey, possibly getting back into this game after putting it down since a little after launch, but it also involves me buying it again. My only question is: Is the netcode any more stable than it was around launch? Note that I changed internet providers between then and now to one that's a lot less poo poo so it's possible the problems were on me.

No.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

zooted heh posted:

yo they need to stop attaching lyrics to the themes

It's good in killer instinct but no one involved in sfv has the talent or self awareness for that

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

anime was right posted:

abigal would be unplayable if specific moves hit him standing so yeah thats like the first "haha lol check out how bad sfv is!" when theres a really obvious reason its done that way even though his height is still a weakness in many respects

Other than Urien AA fireball whiffing which, as a hugo player I agree is for the best, nothing else in this game is going to make abigail unplayable.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
isn't everyone already cody but not fun to play in this game

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Keegers posted:

AE isn't coming with netcode improvements, is it?

lmbo

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stefan Prodan posted:

So if I have the vanilla game but have never bought any characters, will I get any of the season 1 or 2 characters for free since I paid $60 for the game on launch? Or do I have to pay still if I want to get any?

lol

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns1SGo3WCF4

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
why is he moving in slow motion

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ADTerminal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUKEdEXGZWw

There you go

Essentially, there's no flag to allow a VT shoryu to cancel into a non-VT super. This bug has likely always existed, but now the conditions are way way easier to set up and happen in an actual match

i have yet to hear a single thing about this game that makes me regret deleting it from my steam library

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jack Trades posted:

Looks like they hired a NetherRealms guy to animate her.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Holy poo poo, is this the first time Dan the Automator and Del are featured in SF5? That's more exciting to me than any actual DLC character.

Why not just get Gorillaz too.

Give me a clint eastwood reunion

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ixiggle posted:

Its actually criminal that Capcom still hasn't fixed or even addressed the asynchronous rollback issue years after release and everyone in this thread is crazy for playing online.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/CapcomFighters/status/1073636743759388672?s=19

Some of the characters poses are more dynamic than their actual in game animations :butt:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Double Bill posted:

Hey I didn't say he's still any good, just that his changes are clearly a net buff.

cHP no longer crushing seems like pretty good to me? He actually gets to link into a real combo instead one that's scaled to poo poo.

Hold up they still had crush counters in the game that actually makes your reward worse 3 years later?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sestze posted:

iunno it just seems like relentless negativity based on an incredibly poor release. I picked this back up last February and have been playing it on and off since then, and had no consistent connection issues in ranked or in lobbies, if I run into a random wifi warrior I just blacklist them and move on.

Spending 70+ dollarydoos over the span of a year doesn't hurt that badly for me, i find it fun enough to justify the peanuts I'm spending on it.

There's always matches, and the ranking system feels like every match is close at the level I'm at.

it's a shame BGrifter didn't get in on it when the base game was free for a week or so.

The thing with SFV netcode is that even if its playable for you, it's likely unplayable for the other player

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

they never fixed this did they

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The comedy never stopped